Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like he did represent himself. And he fought. But no one believed him is what he said. And at a certain point many people have no idea what to do next. His statements indicated he talked to several lawyers but lacked the funds necessary to hire them.

The court system is very complex. And can be extremely intimidating. Depending on personality or education level or sophistication, some people are able to represent themselves and some have no idea how to start or what to do or how to find out what to do. I represent a lot of dads who were in his position. And also many come to me hopeless and believe that they have no rights. And won't get any relief from the courts. They assume that mom's will always prevail. This dad seems to have a similar attitude.

From what I've seen in the business I don't blame this man at all.

Thank you for sharing that info. I worked many years in the court system and agree. I've heard many fathers say they tried until they didn't know what to do anymore. It doesn't take much for a child to be placed back into the custody of the original custodial parent. A promise and signature to follow a plan set out by CPS is often enough. I've also seen CPS discourage a parent from pursuing a case against their decision. I don't judge this dad.

I'm not able to turn my sound on (at work) are we able to hear what those two folks are talking about?

why didn't one of those lawyers the bio dad visited at least tell him he could have filed a motion for contempt Pro Se if he didn't have funds to hire it done? With a little work perhaps at the local law library, he could have found out how this motion works and what will happen to the mom for refusing his court ordered visits?

Giving advice without a retainer opens you up to malpractice without the benefit of the retainer to offset a malpractice deductible. It takes time to assess a case in order to give adequate advice. It can be risky.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 420
It's a heavily driven road but the whole right side of US17 N is Federal land; its MCAS New River & training ranges for Camp Lejeune MCB. (From 210 to the intersection of 17 & 24). The area is heavily wooded, there are swampy areas and with constant training happening in the vicinity. The MCAS is the reason for the horrible cell reception & lack of overhead views of the scene.

A lot of the people who were chit-chatting during the live feed, are now all grouped together in one spot. No one seems to be chatting anymore.

I concur with what Gitana says.

These things can also vary widely by department/jurisdiction/state. LE doesn't often get involved in 'civil matters' and ime most often the alienated parent is referred back to their attorney. When it's the primary parent asking for assistance because the 'secondary' parent doesn't return a child, it seems that more is done. Just my observation.

Is there any other reason for them to tape the area? Maybe just evidence? Please don’t let her be in a place like that.

I'm a little late to this... has anything been said as to why they are in this area?

A lot of the people who were chit-chatting during the live feed, are now all grouped together in one spot. No one seems to be chatting anymore.
Yes, I noticed that too. Plus some of the more chatty ones left.

Wouldn't they be wearing forensic suits, or don't they do that outdoors?

I'm a little late to this... has anything been said as to why they are in this area?

Only that they have divers in searching water, we think it's water that runs under a bridge and either side of the bridge.

I'm trying to catch up... How far away is the live feed/bridge area from the house? (I apologize if this has been asked. I tried reading back a few pages.) This is breaking my heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway