Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You just gave me a memory. When my sister in law was missing and presumed dead along with a bunch of others in a fire, all of us at the family assistance center stood up and gave the mayor a standing ovation.
at one point after one of her many daily updates. She grimly smiled, raised her hand as if to speak and rushed from the room, overcome.

She and LE and the fire department had been intensely criticized for their handling of the tragedy. But we who were waiting for notification knew they worked round the clock, knew the scene of the tragedy intimately, were giving us constant updates and constant warm support, spending time talking to everyone individually, holding our hands, praying with us, hugging us, making sure we had food or phones, handling our issues about names (some victims were trans for example) and publicity, etc., and doing it all on ZERO sleep. For days.

No one knows the hell they endure.

Gitana1- Thank you for posting this. I truly don't understand all the complaining either.

Side note- I think of you, and your brother often. We are coming up to the one year mark of that tragic night. Sending you all lots of love...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry but can someone tip me off as to what ETA means please? I thought it was 'estimated time of arrival' but seems to mean something different on here. Thanks!

Guess we can all agree to disagree on the sheriff's demeanor.

I assume the LE has a pretty good idea of the circumstances. He is just waiting for the right person to talk. While they are searching, behind the scenes people are being interviewed. The LE can’t show his hand, he has to go on as he has no clue. Someone just needs to say something already!

Hi, I'm new here. This is happening just a couple of miles from my home and it breaks my heart. I have a couple of questions? Has anyone heard anymore about the impromptu trip that the mom and boyfriend took right before Mariah went missing. I heard something about borrowed luggage and was wondering if that had been investigated. Also does anyone know if they ever found someone who actually saw the child come back from that trip. If not..... my gut tells me that she is not in Jacksonville and that trip may have very well been to dispose of her.

The weekend before Mariah went missing a 5 year old girl was raped and murdered in the neighboring county of Pender NC. This is approximately 45 minutes away. However no suspects have been named and news sources are scarce. I wonder if there is a connection.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...QqQIILCgBMAM&usg=AOvVaw0nSCJMbHj2sdM6rThH94m5

Yes a terrible case! We discussed it in thread #1, and we also have a separate thread for this girl here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-raped-amp-murdered-Pender-County-12-Nov-2017

Hi, I'm new here. This is happening just a couple of miles from my home and it breaks my heart. I have a couple of questions? Has anyone heard anymore about the impromptu trip that the mom and boyfriend took right before Mariah went missing. I heard something about borrowed luggage and was wondering if that had been investigated. Also does anyone know if they ever found someone who actually saw the child come back from that trip. If not..... my gut tells me that she is not in Jacksonville and that trip may have very well been to dispose of her.

Welcome to WS! There's been nothing in MSM about this, so it's considered rumor at this point and can't be discussed here per terms of service. I know, no help, right? :)

But, welcome!

The weekend before Mariah went missing a 5 year old girl was raped and murdered in the neighboring county of Pender NC. This is approximately 45 minutes away. However no suspects have been named and news sources are scarce. I wonder if there is a connection.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...QqQIILCgBMAM&usg=AOvVaw0nSCJMbHj2sdM6rThH94m5

Such a heartbreaking story. I would think they are just waiting on dna to come back to make an arrest. Can't find anything about this horrific story on MSM, but I saw a comment from her cousin (she gave little girl's first name, which was correct), and she stated the FBI is very involved in her case. So, I just imagine they are waiting on dna results from the lab. I sure hope so. She lived with her grandmother and uncle.

Just saw this update posted today:

https://www.wwaytv3.com/2017/11/29/...ts-answers-after-pender-child-raped-murdered/

Anything new on Mariah? It's the top story on the local news here but it didn't look like there was anything new (saw it on a TV without volume at the gym).

Hi elaine, and Welcome!

The borrowed luggage is only a rumor AFAIK, there's no details available about it in msm.

We don't know if LE spoke to anyone who saw Mariah coming back on Sunday, but they just appealed in the presser again for people to come forward if they had contact with the family on Sunday.

I'm from the south and I've known one Mariah and she's not liked, in fact her nickname is Pariah.

Ok thanks for letting me know this. I have been working non stop for the past few days and haven't been able to read all the news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties