Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few days ago it was a "live" feed and a few people were posting as they literally watched.

One of the news stations had a live feed of the search while they were searching in one specific area, but it's not something that they have up all the time.

Ok... thank you. I was asking to see if anyone knew if it ended up having to do with this case.

Just to clarify (in case I misrepresented) if referring to my post about Nancy Grace interview, Mr. Klaas made no reference to polygraphs. It was NG that brought it up. I do agree that they are not reliable but they can be beneficial.

I think they're extremely beneficial. They're admissible in court for a reason, but they're used as a tool. If someone says "no" to a polygraph, that can also be quite telling. Praying for Mariah.

I think they're extremely beneficial. They're admissible in court for a reason, but they're used as a tool. If someone says "no" to a polygraph, that can also be quite telling. Praying for Mariah.

I could be wrong, but I don’t think they are admissible in court.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i think they're extremely beneficial. They're admissible in court for a reason, but they're used as a tool. If someone says "no" to a polygraph, that can also be quite telling. Praying for mariah.

they are not admissible in court

They are not admissible in court in the majority of states, NC being one of them.

The NC Supreme Court case of State v. Grier 300 S.E.2d 351 (1983) and the Federal 4th Circuit have both concluded the science behind a polygraph examination is simply too unreliable to be admissible in Court.

Only the US and a couple of third world countries still do polygraphs. If you were asked if you had killed your child, wouldn't your heart rate go up?

They are not admissible in court in the majority of states, NC being one of them.

The NC Supreme Court case of State v. Grier 300 S.E.2d 351 (1983) and the Federal 4th Circuit have both concluded the science behind a polygraph examination is simply too unreliable to be admissible in Court.

I'm a lawyer in Arizona, they're admissible in court here only if both parties agree to it. Most states don't allow them at all, and I believe federal courts leave it up to judicial discretion.

Decent summary here: https://www.justice.gov/usam/criminal-resource-manual-262-polygraphs-introduction-trial

Just to clarify (in case I misrepresented) if referring to my post about Nancy Grace interview, Mr. Klaas made no reference to polygraphs. It was NG that brought it up. I do agree that they are not reliable but they can be beneficial.

I was referring to RottMoms post asking about Marc Klaas. Marc took a polygraph in the case of his daughter Polly who was taken from their home and murdered. He has said that it's a necessary task to get LE looking away from the parent and at an abductor in cases like this. JMO

JACKSONVILLE, Onslow County - One of the worst fears of those searching for and concerned for a missing 3-year-old girl have unfortunately come true.

The Onslow County Sheriff's Office and the FBI announced an arrest has been made in connection with the disappearance of 3-year-old Mariah Woods. Earl Kimrey, 32, was taken into custody by investigators at the Onslow County Sheriff's Office on Friday.

Kimrey was taken before a state magistrate and charged with:

-- Concealing of Death
-- Obstruction of Justice
-- Second Degree Burglary
-- Felony Larceny
-- Possession of Stolen Property

Accordign to a press release from the FBI, Kimrey is currently being held in the Onslow County Detention Center under a $1,010,000 bond. District Attorney Ernie Lee has been consulted on the current charges and additional charges could be pending as the investigation continues.

Due to evidence gathered during the course of the investigation, it is believed that Mariah Wood is deceased. At this time, the location of Mariah Wood is unknown. The searches will now shift to a recovery process, according to the press release.

Anyone with information should contact Onslow County Sheriff's Office at (910) 455-3113 or Crime Stoppers at (910) 938-3273.

No, not again. Bless her little heart. I hope they find her and can give her a Memorial.

And I hope he who made her deceased rots in hell.

I kind of think that these charges came out of the long conversation which LE had with the mum, yesterday.

JACKSONVILLE, Onslow County - One of the worst fears of those searching for and concerned for a missing 3-year-old girl have unfortunately come true.

The Onslow County Sheriff's Office and the FBI announced an arrest has been made in connection with the disappearance of 3-year-old Mariah Woods. Earl Kimrey, 32, was taken into custody by investigators at the Onslow County Sheriff's Office on Friday.

Kimrey was taken before a state magistrate and charged with:

-- Concealing of Death
-- Obstruction of Justice
-- Second Degree Burglary
-- Felony Larceny
-- Possession of Stolen Property

Accordign to a press release from the FBI, Kimrey is currently being held in the Onslow County Detention Center under a $1,010,000 bond. District Attorney Ernie Lee has been consulted on the current charges and additional charges could be pending as the investigation continues.

Due to evidence gathered during the course of the investigation, it is believed that Mariah Wood is deceased. At this time, the location of Mariah Wood is unknown. The searches will now shift to a recovery process, according to the press release.

Anyone with information should contact Onslow County Sheriff's Office at (910) 455-3113 or Crime Stoppers at (910) 938-3273.

I've been following along quietly. I had a feeling this was going to happen but so hoped I was wrong. Tell them where to find her you evil monster! My heart is absolutely broken for this precious little angel.

I kind of think that these charges came out of the long conversation which LE had with the mum, yesterday.

I have a feeling LE knew the entire time, and that could be why they finally opened the search effort up to the public. This whole thing makes me sick to my stomach.

YESSSSSS!! FINALLY AN ARREST! CHEERS TO THIS! Now, I hope they find Mariah

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Why am I not surprised? That poor little girl. I hope she is found so the family can get closure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member