Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she inadvertently and heartbreakingly saved her mom and brothers from EK. Now he will be in jail and not a threat to them anymore.

I do not want to talk about the bio mom. I left her out of my post.

(OT. What was the name of the little girl that was horribly abused and murdered by a family friend who was staying overnight in the home? It was about a year ago I think. I'd like to know if that has been tried yet.)

(This fits with Isabella Grogan Cannella ("Bella") who I had actually mentioned earlier, but she was murdered in 2014....

"New attorney on board, judge tries to move Rector trial forward
http://m.kdminer.com/news/2017/sep/24/new-attorney-board-judge-tries-move-rector-trial-f/?

Rector is accused of first-degree murder, kidnapping, sexual assault and abandonment and concealment of 8-year-old Bella Grogan-Cannella. Grogan’s body was found buried in a shallow grave near the Walmart in Bullhead City. The crime occurred on Sept. 2, 2014, and it’s taken three years to examine the defendant’s sanity. This was Rector’s 21st appearance in Mohave County Superior Court.

Jantzen told Jolly this isn’t the time to start over, but get the case rolling.

“I don’t want to move backwards,” he said. “We need to get back on track and move forward.”

Rector’s next status hearing is at 11 a.m. Nov. 17. Defense asked the usual 1:30 p.m. slot be moved to earlier in the day so that Rector’s father could be present at the hearing, to which Jantzen approved." )

RIP sweet Mariah. You will not be forgotten by your brothers. Prayers for those two boys. I really would like to donate to the bio Dad and the two boys. They deserve it.
I would also. Has there been confirmation that bio dad will get the boys? If not maybe we can donate toward his legal fees. I know in one of his interviews he said he wanted to pursue custody but couldn't afford legal and court fees to do so.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

For those sleuthers that believe this happened before Thanksgiving, why do you think LE is only asking to hear from anyone for that night thru Monday morning? I'm beginning to think it had to have happened that evening because someone saw her the day before? What do ya'll think?

On the first day I wondered if something happened a few days before Sunday. But the police asking only for people who saw the family on the Sunday/Monday makes me think I'm wrong.

But...let's say there's evidence in/around the home that suggests to LE that something did happen a few days earlier and the body was stored for a few days (would they be able to tell that?) maybe what LE really wanted to know was the details of the body dump and not the details of when Mariah died?

So I still can't entirely rule out something happening in the week before she was reported missing, but it's probably not likely.

But then, if you come across something that seems odd, there's usually an explanation for it. I think a lot of people felt that the mom's interviews with news crews had odd turns of phrase, and the study of Statement Analysis says that there's often a reason behind those things...it might not be that someone is guilty of the crime, but they have a reason for what they said and the oddities are signs for you to find out what the reason is. So, bearing that in mind, I can't rule out something happening earlier than Sunday and that something having to do with Mariah.

Here we go...
I had a feeling they had found her after watching the brief presser this afternoon and the demeanor of the investigators. I hope they did find her and she's finally going to get respect. I am so upset over this, along with everyone else. Poor sweet little girl.

I would also. Has there been confirmation that bio dad will get the boys? If not maybe we can donate toward his legal fees. I know in one of his interviews he said he wanted to pursue custody but couldn't afford legal and court fees to do so.

Legally he will be good. In regards to the boys, I will continue checking the court website for any future dates re custody matters.

Is the wcti stream just black for everyone else?

Thank you Kat so well stated and a very powerful message. I hope any women who might read what you wrote will have that same moment that you had all those years ago. That case was so horrific and I still shudder to think all that must have been going on in that household with Joel Steinberg who is now a free man.

Abusive households are very complicated and most victims need to rationalize to survive it until it becomes more painful to stay than it is to leave which is exactly where you found yourself when it became your crossroad. Victims do their best to hide the truth but that's just a bandaid and will only hold up for so long.

I'm happy you not only survived but had the courage right now to tell your story!!! Bless you......

Funny thing Barbie....I am from Jersey as well...that happened many years ago in Jersey. Love and miss Jersey!!

It gave me a whole new perspective and respect for women and their children in scary situations that others struggle to understand "why". Just the shame not knowing "why" can keep someone there as well. It takes an understanding and supportive person to go thru the ups and downs of a woman staying/leaving in a dangerous situation. Most of my friends/family meant well but could not understand "why"....most of the time I was isolated anyway and never shared the truth because a "sane" woman would have left. It's a crazy, brain-washing, numbing experience and if you remember Hedda....she was as numb as they came. They showed pictures of how beautiful she once had been and how disfigured she had become with all the beatings of love.

So, thanks Barbie!! May we all continue to keep an eye/ear out for those struggling with abuse and neglect and be able to patiently help them with kindness and understanding. My daughter was also a beautiful disabled child (who is now 33 years old) which makes this crime of Mariah's even more heartbreaking. I usually never can look at the threads involving children...too heartbreaking.:tears:

Anyone found a feed that is showing the mics setup??? Black screens make me concerned it won't be covered.

Ok I've given this some thought, because I think if EK did go away with the boys only on Thursday, and return on Sunday, it certainly looks off in the overall scheme of things, that Mariah can then be reported abducted that very night. How usual would those two occurrences line up like that is my way of looking at it.

So, why do LE ask for sightings of the family from Sunday? I'm assuming that this family had no contact with anyone outside of their own number (KH, EK, & children) on that Sunday. So LE have asked the boys. The boys have told them they were all together on Sunday, maybe in truth, maybe under pressure. There is no point in asking the boys if they saw Mariah between Thurs and Sun because they were away (assumed from photo without Mariah). LE is alive to the possibility that they are speaking under pressure and wants to know if anyone can verify it.

I've been thinking along these lines as well. Here's a theory that crossed my mind:

Perhaps Mariah was seriously (intentionally probably) injured before Thanksgiving. Perhaps her physical and mental state began to decline and they were wondering if they (or he)'d gone too far. Maybe it was decided EK would take the boys for a few days to visit his family, because "Sissy" wasn't feeling good. Why would EK take the boys to see his family? He doesn't sound like the type who wants to take children along (at least one of those who was abused by his own hand). Mom is left home to watch over Mariah, to see if she "comes out of it". EK and boys return Sunday night (was it Sunday night they returned?) and see Mariah "asleep" in bed. Maybe they let the boys glance in and were told not to wake her up, because she's sleeping (in case the cops ask the next morning). But she's really just...already dead.

IDK. This case has my stomach turning and it's just sickening, no matter what happened.

I had black screen then blipped to a quick pic then black. Does say live tho.

I doubt he will need a lawyer to get his boys now. MOO I'm betting that CPS will give the boys to him at this point.

Awe, I'm just catching up and I'm so sad to read the developments. Poor baby. I was hoping beyond hope that she had wondered off.
I truly hope the mom was not involved in her death or cover up, concealment.
RIP Mariah.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

yes - it is nothing less then brainwash.

Funny thing Barbie....I am from Jersey as well...that happened many years ago in Jersey. Love and miss Jersey!!

It gave me a whole new perspective and respect for women and their children in scary situations that others struggle to understand "why". Just the shame not knowing "why" can keep someone there as well. It takes an understanding and supportive person to go thru the ups and downs of a woman staying/leaving in a dangerous situation. Most of my friends/family meant well but could not understand "why"....most of the time I was isolated anyway and never shared the truth because a "sane" woman would have left. It's a crazy, brain-washing, numbing experience and if you remember Hedda....she was as numb as they came. They showed pictures of how beautiful she once had been and how disfigured she had become with all the beatings of love.

So, thanks Barbie!! May we all continue to keep an eye/ear out for those struggling with abuse and neglect and be able to patiently help them with kindness and understanding. My daughter was also a beautiful disabled child (who is now 33 years old) which makes this crime of Mariah's even more heartbreaking. I usually never can look at the threads involving children...too heartbreaking.:tears:

Monday, around 6:30 a.m. - Kristy Woods calls the Onslow County Sheriff's Office to report her 3-year-old daughter, Mariah Kay Woods, is missing. The mom says she last saw her around 11 p.m. Sunday.

http://www.wfmynews2.com/news/local...rch-for-mariah-woods-now-in-5th-day/495471468

From the PC earlier, FBI statement "Sadly it was to late to save Mariah the moment the 911 call came in". Those words stood out to me. I know their words are carefully chosen. Is he saying she was already gone at the time the 911 call was made?

See the first quote...and it was said by the bio dad in the Nancy Grace interview with him...it apparently wasn't even a call to 911, it was a call direct to the sheriff's office? Is that normal in those parts?

Because if it isn't normal to call the sheriff rather than 911 there, then that already suggests that subliminally it wasn't considered a life/death emergency :-(

I doubt he will need a lawyer to get his boys now. MOO I'm betting that CPS will give the boys to him at this point.

The courts will have to be involved and they just cant hand over the boys. There is a process but he should have no worries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo