Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My feelings exactly. Everyone is ready to hang Kimrey from the highest tree, calling him all sorts of vile, disgusting names and wishing awful things on him without a shred of even suspicion from LE that he is responsible for her death.

But hey, it's the boyfriend...so he must be guilty. /s

Don't get me wrong. I think he's guilty as sin. I was being slightly facetious.

Its so sad that there seems to be no media interest. She's such a stunningly beautiful little girl too.

Many similarities. CPS involvement. Parental family wanting answers. Death after CPS places with certain family. Found in the same county. From the same region. Close in age.

Sadly I think this says more about the prevalence of child abuse and neglect in our country and an overburdened child welfare system than it does about a possible link.

But who knows.

In any event, thanks for your thought provoking post and welcome!!!!!

:fireworks: :welcome: :fireworks:
Maybe the lack of media interest is because her description is not blonde with blue eyes. Imho of course.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I guess I assumed they had been removed when it was reported that they are currently in the custody of a grandparent.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Ah I see. Thank you for explaining.

CPS has a lot to answer for lately, between this and Sherin Mathews remaining in the care of parents who were continually breaking her bones (since they could not determine which parent was the abuser) 0

I disagree. I think WE have a lot to answer for. When we accept a system that gives 40-60 caseloads to overburdened social workers. When we accept a system that pay them less than teachers receive and not as much as lawyers. When we accept a system that continues to view parent's rights to their children, (including their rights to discipline them via hitting), as a constitutional right while the child's right to safety, security and protection from harm is not.

We have agreed to this system. We have the power to change it.

Or maybe the original dressers (if they had any), have been contaminated and carried evidence when the crime/ death occurred so the BF had to get rid of it. Yet another piece of furniture is needed to to cover the empty space or area which would likely be noticed by police when called the next morning to investigate the alleged 'disappearance' of Mariah. JMO OMO

That was my first thought when theft of the dressers was first brought to light. Maybe Mariah was killed and there was evidence on or around her bedroom dresser and so he simply needed a dresser to replace it. Why 2? Why not? I wonder if all the kids even had their own dresser. The 2nd may have been taken because it could be used as well or serve as a replacement in the future since they had space to store it.

If totally unrelated, I'd more lean towards he was up to no good in the abandoned house, and took the dressers to sell or just to keep. Maybe he and Mom's relationship was breaking down to the point of no-return and he was trying to make it up to her, seem like somewhat of a provider to bring in extra money or furniture if needed in the home. Maybe that's why he took the 2 boys to his house for Thanksgiving too...maybe Mom needed a break from him, and she assumed boys would be safe surrounded by his family for Thanksgiving, and thought it a kind thing to do. But I'm probably giving that monster too much credit.

Just a thought.

I was asking about now. I know the kids had previously been placed with dad, then returned to mom.

Someone had said (paraphrasing), dad will go to court to get the kids back. Someone else said, he's the father why would he have to go to court to get custody. After which I said, but mom still has custody. Then someone implied that she doesn't, which I had not read yet. (I don't think it's true either.)

Sorry for all the confusion!
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13789507

ETA I thought all of this current custody stuff was connected, from them staying with a grandparent and then a hearing coming up.

I admit my brain went there because of how it went in the Sherin Mathews case, with the living child being removed from the home, staying with family, and then custody hearings to see if she could stay with family long term instead of being in the system. This is my fault for allowing this, along with other discussion here about the boys' current living situation, to cause assumptions on my part.

I was asking about now. I know the kids had previously been placed with dad, then returned to mom.

Someone had said (paraphrasing), dad will go to court to get the kids back. Someone else said, he's the father why would he have to go to court to get custody. After which I said, but mom still has custody. Then someone implied that she doesn't, which I had not read yet. (I don't think it's true either.)

Sorry for all the confusion!

Oops! You were clear. I'm a knucklehead!

Maybe the lack of media interest is because her description is not blonde with blue eyes. Imho of course.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I'm with you.

Don't get me wrong. I think he's guilty as sin. I was being slightly facetious.

RSBM

It is entirely possible that someone else killed her. But EK would've ratted them out by now, right ??
Sorry cannot begin to think like his sorry A55 would.....
Here's a frightening thought... if he claims he was high when he did this (if he did), and thus has no memory of it -- will he get a lighter sentence and be out in like 10 years or so ??
:moo:

I disagree. I think WE have a lot to answer for. When we accept a system that gives 40-60 caseloads to overburdened social workers. When we accept a system that pay them less than teachers receive and not as much as lawyers. When we accept a system that continues to view parent's rights to their children, (including their rights to discipline them via hitting), as a constitutional right while the child's right to safety, security and protection from harm is not.

I don't disagree with you that they are underfunded and overworked. So are teachers, but they still bear some responsibility for what happens on their watch.

Does anyone have a link to the actual warrant. I know it's here somewhere and can't find it. TIA

RSBM

It is entirely possible that someone else killed her. But EK would've ratted them out by now, right ??
Sorry cannot begin to think like his sorry A55 would.....
Here's a frightening thought... if he claims he was high when he did this (if he did), and thus has no memory of it -- will he get a lighter sentence and be out in like 10 years or so ??
:moo:

I don't think he will get less than 15 or 20. But if he claims it wasn't intentional and drugs were a causal factor he can indeed get a reduced charge. Second degree, for example, as opposed to first.

I need to review NC law.

bbm

What do you make of this?
(not let her go again)

Is it possible he was con-temporizing his alibi to fit the recent news of children dying in such accidents?

bbm It's Kristy talking.

Does anyone have a link to the actual warrant. I know it's here somewhere and can't find it. TIA

attachment.php

attachment.php

Yes a million times, although as a retitred teacher, money we make is so pitiful it is almost hilarious

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13789507

ETA I thought all of this current custody stuff was connected, from them staying with a grandparent and then a hearing coming up.

I admit my brain went there because of how it went in the Sherin Mathews case, with the living child being removed from the home, staying with family, and then custody hearings to see if she could stay with family long term instead of being in the system. This is my fault for allowing this, along with other discussion here about the boys' current living situation, to cause assumptions on my part.

Thank you, again!

Yes, so the boys are staying with a grandparent, and we are not sure who has custody right now. (Presumably mom still jmo.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Madsulli