Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I'm soo behind, bringing forward the latest msm, sorry for reposts:

Mariah Woods was sexually abused by mom's boyfriend before death, court documents say
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/12/0...yfriend-before-death-court-documents-say.html
(nothing new there that I'm seeing)

Remains positively ID'd as missing North Carolina girl Mariah Woods
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/remains-positively-idd-as-missing-north-carolina-girl-mariah-woods/
(Nothing new here either that I'm seeing)

NASTY BATTLE
Mariah Woods’ Devastated Father Fighting For Custody Of Remaining Children
https://radaronline.com/videos/mariah-woods-father-seeking-custody-children/

"The heartbroken father of deceased toddler Mariah Woods has been battling to gain full custody of his remaining two children, but he claimed he doesn’t have the money to get into a legal battle with his ex.“We can’t come up with that money at once,” Alex Woods admitted to JDNews this Tuesday after his daughter’s memorial.

“We’ve been trying to get lawyers, but all the lawyers we went to, they wanted thousands of dollars,” Heather Craft, Alex’s fiancée said. “We didn’t have much support.”"

Funeral held for Mariah Woods as authorities positively ID body
http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/17167015/

"Alex claimed he had heard of Earl Kimrey’s abusive personality and never believed his children were safe living with the suspected murderer and their mother."

Snip

"The boys, ages 10 and 5, are currently under the custody of North Carolina’s Department of Children’s Services, yet according to JDNews, their maternal grandmother claimed she was their “sole caregiver.”

Alex and Heather released their court documents to raise awareness on their situation, despite their lack of funding. In the papers, they claimed that they want the boys to live with them, and will do everything to ease them back into their normal lives in order to prevent further trauma.

“We’re just trying to save someone else’s child and to let them know they’re not alone,” Heather told*JDNews, of releasing the documents. “Where was everyone? This could have all been prevented.”

According to CrimeOnline, the documents alleged that the two boys should no longer live with their mother due to “a substantial risk of physical injury or sexual abuse because of the parent, guardian, custodian, or caretaker has created conditions likely to cause injury or abuse or has failed to provide, or is unable to provide, adequate supervision or protection.”"

https://radaronline.com/videos/mariah-woods-father-seeking-custody-children/

That's why I said if they are provided with the mental health services they need they will be fine and IF the abuse was that severe. I'm not convinced there was rampant abuse in the household as some here have speculated.

Also, the problem with many children in foster care is that they lack a stable, loving home while undergoing proper mental health evaluation and treatment. You can't expect a foster child to thrive and work through any mental issues when they lack a stable, loving home with people they know and trust. Based on the information currently available I think for those boys to have the best chance they need to be with their father while undergoing whatever treatment is necessary.

I stand by my original comment though, provided they get the support they need they'll be fine.

BBM

I beg to differ because there are many dedicated foster parents who provide tons of love to the kids that stay at their house. Foster parents are responsible for following the child treatment plan in regards to appts with counseling and dr's. Yes, It is hard in the beginning but many kids thrive with foster parents and many of them end up getting adopted by them. Witnessed many of these events.

usage imho to separate into lists and to post family updates to family, friend updates to friends, and keep some of your personal rants away from some of your work/professional contacts. But even my amongst friends who have more professional professions (eg. teachers) I find it unusual behavior to switch between the two. Being a professional/having a profession like teaching, does not automatically make someone FB savvy, and I think if you surveyed FB users you'd find that a huge number of them don't know where the gear switch is and don't know how to tell when their friends posts are set to public vs a list just by looking at the post in their newsfeed.

Then, when I look around FB, I see that most people will either set 'anything' to public, or they will have a wholly private profile with just the updating of the profile picture being set to 'public' because that is usually automatically set to public and less likely for anyone to go out of their way and purposely set it to 'friends only'.

Most people are not FB savvy imho. That is just an observation. Most people are not particularly internet savvy, and in the past ten years there's been a massive switch between those who were more likely desktop/laptop users and the influx of people using their smartphone to access the internet, and I think the latter group especially are less likely to be FB savvy, and the mobile platform is a bit more awkward to target to lists in my experience. In the pre-smartphone era I would occasionally come across, mostly older users, who didn't know about browsers or tabs or how to use the 'x' button, but a lot of people were more likely to explore what a computer can do and learn a bit more about the capabilities of the machine via the OS. Something like Win XP was wonderful for computer people, but Microsoft is designing platforms to be more user-friendly so you don't have to learn about the OS in order to use the internet. And there are exceptions to rules such as teachers making angst-ridden posts public and computer geniuses who don't know much about FB settings.

I would say you probably have a very FB-savvy set of friends, and that it's unusual to switch in that way, but having an FB-savvy set of friends, especially containing a high number of 'professional' people who are highly computer-literate, then there might be a bit of a viral effect of them teaching each other and compounding the difference between them and the general population of FB users who will use one setting or the other and will let devices either auto-set or inherit.

If we don't have access to statistics on this subject, then I guess it's going to have to be an agree to disagree matter, and a lot of our opinion on the subject will come from personal observations which will naturally vary between us all.
You're probably right in terms of most users, because most users aren't active enough to really understand. Then there are the hyperactive, like my mother, who still do not understand. And then there's the fairly active Gen Xers like me who tend to put a bit more thought into wedding this nifty contraption with privacy and career concerns.

But notice when you sleuth people, at least, that there are usually an abundance of people commenting on public posts with advice for the sleuthed to change their privacy settings, for God's sake. (I'm going to start paying attention to whether or not those who advise this are Gen Xers. I bet they are!)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm one of those people 
If you want to know anything and everything about me, just visit my FB.

And this is another set of FB users -- those who are open personalities who don't feel the need to 'hide' anything, they feel comfortable with the public setting because they are comfortable with themselves and they might also be people who wouldn't use FB as a 'dear diary' to post about their inner angst but just posting stuff they'd say or share in the street or the pub.

And then there are sub-groups. People who are professional people who play games will often learn through those that they want to send their game posts to game friends and not let their colleagues see that they're playing Farm Town or Crime Scene or whatever is popular these days. Necessity is the mother of invention...playing games can lead to either finding the information about post-targeting or seeking out that information. But a lot of people won't find any necessity and will go with the easiest route between two points, which means sticking with one setting or another.

BBM

I beg to differ because there are many dedicated foster parents who provide tons of love to the kids that stay at their house. Foster parents are responsible for following the child treatment plan in regards to appts with counseling and dr's. Yes, It is hard in the beginning but many kids thrive with foster parents and many of them end up getting adopted by them. Witnessed many of these events.

OK. I didn't say ALL foster children, I said "many."

That's so sad.  drugs of all stripes ruin lives and the dragon is a hell of a beast. That said, I'm very inclined to believe methamphetamines played a HUGE role in this tragedy. Heroin will suck people's souls dry. Goodness knows I've seen people do HORRENDOUS things due to their addiction. But Meth is a whole other animal. It literally changes people's brains. I 100% believe meth and rage issues played a bigger role in this traged than anything else. Take it to the bank. (Fwiw- and I HATE this- I haven't been wrong about this case yet. )

Edit to remove what looks like a winky face. It was supposed to be crying. I just removed it completely.

It reads like a meth case. No jobs, loud fights, he's stealing. Meth not only can give them rage, it can be a contributor to folks' committing sexual abuse. We don't know which one did what though. They've not charged him with causing her death, yet, have they? I'm not so certain that it wasn't her, and he covered it up.

Though I do appreciate that kids are resilient and I also appreciate your otimism Danthrplgst, I hope you are right. However when I was 18 and my brother was 10 we lost our father to cancer 3 weeks after diagnosis. Neither of us will ever be the same. FWIW we both named our sons after him.

Sorry, my reply to post didn’t work. Was in response to Vmmking and Danthrplgst.

That may be true with ordinary, everyday memories. However, I was born in 1965. My earliest memory was of my father *yelling* to me and my sister, using first and middle name, “Come here! History is being made!” I thought we were in BIG trouble, but my father simply wanted us to watch the lunar landing with him. I was terrified and excited at the same time.

ETA: I’m not sure I responded to the appropriate post. My apologies. My post was related to someone who suggested that memories at 3 to 3.5 are cemented.

Do you think it's likely that we'll at least hear the outcome of the custody hearing today? I mean in the sense of whether it affects where the boys stay in the near-term and whether there will be future hearings for their long-term custody.

Something that just occurred to me with your comment is the timing of when LE announced it was a homicide. They didn't say anything until Saturday, after Earl was arrested. That was nearly a full 6 days AFTER Mariah went missing. If there was any evidence in the home of a murder it would have been found on Monday morning after KW called LE to report the "abduction." Surely LE would have dusted the crap out of the trailer and examined the room Mariah was supposedly taken from. I don't think the trailer had anything to do with LE declaring the death a homicide. Since the declaration wasn't made until after Earl's arrest I would speculate that Earl cracked under questioning and told the true story of what happened to Mariah. That's why I also think Earl isn't going to be charged with her death, if he killed her he would have admitted it during questioning when it was learned her death was a homicide and that confession would have been enough to charge him.

I think this scenario is very possible. The FBI sent all those items off for rapid turn around too. I remember some folks mentioning on here that he looked as if he was scared and crying, or was coming off a high, I think you're right, Earl cracked. He's not even spoke to a reporter to proclaim his innocence and I'd not have been surprised to see that in a case like this.

It's also possible that they can't get anything out of him, and they are waiting on COD to determine charges. I'm leaning toward the former though.

Oh I have judgements about the dad. But they're not necessarily relating to his handling of these events.

I don't know anything about him, other than the documents he submitted, and interviews he gave, surrounding this case. I do feel if they'd left the kids with him, we all likely wouldn't be in this forum tonight.

Do you think it's likely that we'll at least hear the outcome of the custody hearing today? I mean in the sense of whether it affects where the boys stay in the near-term and whether there will be future hearings for their long-term custody.

I doubt we'll hear anything "officially," yet Mariah's dad will probably at least comment unless he can get himself in trouble for doing so.

I wonder how the horrendous tragedy will impact how CPS manage the case with Mariah’s siblings going forward. Understandably people are angry with them and feel they dropped the ball in protecting these poor children.

That's why I said if they are provided with the mental health services they need they will be fine and IF the abuse was that severe. I'm not convinced there was rampant abuse in the household as some here have speculated.

Also, the problem with many children in foster care is that they lack a stable, loving home while undergoing proper mental health evaluation and treatment. You can't expect a foster child to thrive and work through any mental issues when they lack a stable, loving home with people they know and trust. Based on the information currently available I think for those boys to have the best chance they need to be with their father while undergoing whatever treatment is necessary.

I stand by my original comment though, provided they get the support they need they'll be fine.

That right there. No matter who they live with, even if you take the SA out of the equation, they'd still need the support. Pointing out the obvious but they've not even seen their father for around a year. They could be wondering where he's been? We don't know what they've been told about him, if anything, they may think he just stopped coming.

Bringing this post over from thread 7.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by RAISINISBACK
I am wondering why no one has been charged with murder. It seems odd that the charges stated he concealed a death that he knew was "unnatural". That term could cover a lot of ground from intentional harm to an accidental fall.

In view of the fact that some MSM has reported that EK was a heroin user, is it possible that little Mariah may have gotten hold of his drugs? If she got into his drugs she may have eaten them and overdosed on them. If so KW and EK may have panicked knowing they would be going to jail for having drugs around the kids.

I could def see that maybe happening but two things come to mind that make it seem unlikely: first, since he was away he would have brought any drugs with him, even if he had them when they returned to Jacksonville Mariah would have been in bed before she could have gotten her hands on them; second, and I think this would be the more likely scenario, if Mariah did get into the heroin somehow, I don't think she would have been able to ingest enough to kill her, maybe make her sick but not kill her. Heroin is synthesized with some pretty nasty chemicals, I imagine it tastes abhorrent, so if a little one got it anywhere near her mouth she would immediately spit it out.

Of course, she could have gotten into different drugs but I don't think drugs had anything to do with her death. This is my reason why. Unfortunately, I have a niece who is heavily involved with drugs and I've met some of her friends, seen how they are about their drugs. They protect those things at all costs. If EK and KW were drug users, knowing their age (which is near my niece's age) and being some what familiar with some basic characteristics of drug users, I can't imagine them leaving drugs out to where Mariah could have gotten into them. Obviously it's a possibility but it doesn't seem to fit with what we currently know.

What do you think?

BBM

Isn't there a drug that police officers have to wear gloves when raiding a drug house to keep from being contaminated with. I think I am saying this badly, but I have read that some police officers have overdosed on a certain type drug simply by touching it so they wear gloves and protective clothing during a raid. I don't remember the name of the drug though. Can someone help me out here with the name of it?

If there are those type drugs out there, that even skin contact with can cause adult police officers to overdose, what would the effect of this drug be on a small child who picked it up or put it into her mouth?

We know EK is a drug user from MSM, but of course we don't know if he used this particular drug. But if he did Mariah could have picked it up and put it into her mouth causing her death from overdose.

What do you think?
BBM

Carfentanyl

I am afraid I don’t think the drug story holds water. If drugs had been involved I am pretty sure that LE would have found some trace or paraphernalia. If they had found anything drug related they would have changed Earl with that also.

JMHO

Curious as to what you think the COD will be if only EK was responsible. What about the timing? Thinking of the son being hit in the face the same day and having a hard time reconciling that wouldn't have occurred at the same time Mariah was killed.

I haven't even finished and gone on a tangent in another post responding to someone else 😂😂 so instead I guess I'll just float theories:

I honestly think the most likely scenario is that the child got up while he was smoking or cooking meth and he lost his temper when she wouldn't go to bed or had soiled her bed and either blunt force trauma or asphyxiation. I keep going back and forth between thinking the child had died prior to being reported missing and thinking that it happened that night.

That's interesting you can remember something so vividly at 3.5 years old. It's generally accepted that memories from that age are unretrievable by the time a person reaches puberty. In fact, we lose about 60% of our early childhood memories by the age of 9yo.

I am 43 now and can still recall many vivid things from my early childhood as well. That said, it was a bit volatile at time, thus strong emotions, which leave marks more than the benign events. lol middle age hasn't been as kind in the short term memory dept. tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's interesting you can remember something so vividly at 3.5 years old. It's generally accepted that memories from that age are unretrievable by the time a person reaches puberty. In fact, we lose about 60% of our early childhood memories by the age of 9yo.

I have memories from very early childhood. I have verified them with my parents.

I don't think it was her.

I think she knew as soon as it happened. At the very least she allowed him to cover it up, but she may have helped him do it. I still think he did it. I still think it was not on purpose. I think it was all completely avoidable (negligent). I think people are going to be very disappointed at the results of this whole ordeal. I do not think people will see all the charges they want to come about. Lastly, I do think there is a small chance they aren't actually lying. I kept bouncing between the theories. I still have that gut instinct that EK caused her death.

But I think the reason we are seeing the charges being so carefully stacked, or slow to come in some cases, is because LE is having the same uncertainty.

RSBM

I am thinking the same on the parts I have quoted. And given the public outrage I think that might be hard for a lot of people to comprehend if this is the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missingjustice89