Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #9 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MissMalowe for some reason I can't use reply with quote to reply to your post - my screen says reload every time I try.

The 28th was the Tuesday and they had all moved out of the trailer by then, so perhaps point of contact was right next door? It says location.

I believe there is a cause of death. However, murder charges don’t usually come with the discovery of a body until the TOX reports come back. Anything less than a thorough investigation before murder charges will cause issues at trial and could be considered as jumping to conclusions in court. JMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. There wont be any murder charges until the complete autopsy is done and signed off on. This is going to be a high profile (hopefully) conviction. The DA isn't going to risk losing because he was quick to charge before all the evidence was looked at.

I believe there is a cause of death. However, murder charges don’t usually come with the discovery of a body until the TOX reports come back. Anything less than a thorough investigation before murder charges will cause issues at trial and could be considered as jumping to conclusions in court. JMO.

So do you mean in general then, not specifically relating to this case, if there is an apparent cod like a stabbing, they always do tox testing?

As part of the autopsy, the pathologist may take biological
samples such as blood, other body fluids, and tissues for
further study in an effort to determine the cause and
manner of death. Toxicology testing on some of these
samples may be performed if the pathologist believes that
the results may affect the determination of cause or manner.

The sample testing will not delay the release of the body to
the next of kin. However, the results of such testing may
take several months to finalize, causing the manner and
cause of death to be certified as “pending.” If a death
certificate is issued with a “pending” manner and cause of
death, a supplemental death certificate will be issued once
testing is completed.
http://www.ocme.dhhs.nc.gov/faq/OCME-FAQ-Pamphlet.pdf

According to this -it could take several months to get the results back. I was hoping days.

I agree his background doesn’t show violent crimes. However we do have the neighbor statement about EK’s self-described “adult temper” when he beat up the car bc he was out of cigs and didn’t have the keys. Also, violent crimes against people might tend to go unreported in an area like this. The injured party being hesitant to report due to their own background and a general dislike for LE involvement of any kind. Just MHO.

I haven’t made up my mind about anything or anyone yet but NOTHING would surprise me in this case.

From what I've seen, in violence cases, be it against a male s/o or female s/o, someone in the home, or a close neighbor, will usually call 911 if it is getting too out of hand. A lot of times, the abused will drop the charges, or just not show up in court. Note, this is how mom is said to have gotten out of the attack on bio Dad's gf. Gf didn't show up to court, and they dismissed the charge. There are zero cases like this against EK, that I've found, thus far. Also, there's not, thus far, been any indication from the eldest that mom has been beaten.

Taking it out on their vehicle? I'd think it was way over the top, a little nuts, even, but, it's his ride. He has to pay for the damage, and, it's inanimate. If he'd been beating a dog with a bat?! Now that speaks much louder.

It's said that these two, mom and EK, loosely quoted, "argued loudly". I take that to mean that others in the trailer park could hear them. I've looked up this trailer park, and it has high marks as a nice place to live, from what I've ascertained. The trailers may be older, but they seem well-kept, and there were not a lot of them, so folks would kinda know what was going on in the park. I have lived in one, where everyone had at least a 1/4 acre lot, so you didn't hear/see much unless you were just nosy. I've also lived in one that had the trailers set pretty close. There were always folks outside, working on cars, tending lawn, walking dogs, etc... So if anything too wild went on, it could be seen.

The silence about mom being an abused female is deafening. I don't think anyone has come forward and talked abut mom having any physical signs of abuse. If you know someone, well, you can tell if they are in an abusive relationship, unless you prefer to keep the scales on your eyes. If her parents have told what they've told thus far, they'd not have left that part out, imo.

If he'd been beating the daylights outta her, I feel, that by now, she'd have told her parents what all he'd done to her, and she was scared, and couldn't leave, and he gave her no choice. I gave her the benefit of the doubt, that she might be abused, in the beginning, but I've got serious doubts that she was abused, as the case goes on. I think she has a bit of a temper herself. The kids went back and forth for visits to Dad until Dad got a new girlfriend, iirc. I'd have been tickled to death if my ex had found a lucid, caring, breathing, human being that was good to mine, and watched over them. Unfortunately, his only dates were with cans.

I'm having a hard time thinking a mother would dump her precious toddler in a lake to protect a child who is too young to be prosecuted, even if she felt she would be punished for not supervising. That action in itself shows no loving bond with the baby from where I am. She wasn't taken to the nearby woods and wrapped up in the hope she would be found and brought home for a burial and a ceremony. She was taken 25 miles away and her body and soul couldn't have been treated with any less care or respect.

So to accept she would do that I have to accept also that she had no care for Mariah. I can't rule her out of hurting Mariah if she had no care for her. She didn't even arrange for Mariah to be buried somewhere she could secretly visit, it was literally a disposal like rubbish.

Sheriff Miller said if Mariah was found alive he would try to adopt her. This leads me to think that during his investigation he formed the opinion that no one really wanted or cared for Mariah.
Mom did have her tubes tied so maybe Mariah really wasn't the gift that KW claimed she was.
According to AW she told EK to get rid of her after her death...whats gone is gone...shrug. IMO

I'm having a hard time thinking a mother would dump her precious toddler in a lake to protect a child who is too young to be prosecuted, even if she felt she would be punished for not supervising. That action in itself shows no loving bond with the baby from where I am. She wasn't taken to the nearby woods and wrapped up in the hope she would be found and brought home for a burial and a ceremony. She was taken 25 miles away and her body and soul couldn't have been treated with any less care or respect.

So to accept she would do that I have to accept also that she had no care for Mariah. I can't rule her out of hurting Mariah if she had no care for her. She didn't even arrange for Mariah to be buried somewhere she could secretly visit, it was literally a disposal like rubbish.

I'm having a hard time believing that a mother would be okay, with dumping the body of her three year old child, in a river, period. For any reason. However, if she was okay with that, then nothing she'd do would be very surprising, before, or after the fact. She went on to write, publicly, on FB;

I'm sitting here, can't sleep just thinking of my babygirl, mommy loves you, praying your safe and i will see you and your beautiful smile. Plz everyone pray thank you for everyone who has helped today it shared her pics.

Quite disturbing, knowing what we now know.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17h7aYviuWNPU7ISlfhjq4inJwXlI8cTv/view

Link thanks to Grouchymom, iirc.

Has anyone seen the child to confirm there were no visible signs of abuse from the incident that caused the nosebleed?

That's the million dollar question. A lot is just theory at this point. I cannot make out most of the writing on the reports (combo of the handwriting and my eyesight is not as sharp as it once was) that Dad released so I'm kind of relying on what I can read in the news and what OPs have read in the reports.

MissMalowe for some reason I can't use reply with quote to reply to your post - my screen says reload every time I try.

The 28th was the Tuesday and they had all moved out of the trailer by then, so perhaps point of contact was right next door? It says location.

Good idea!
Isn't their address 2405 Dawson Cabin Rd Lot 7? So then wouldn't it be the other way around if it was due to their moving out of the trailer bc of the investigation/crime scene tape? So 2405 Listed as location on 27th and 2404 listed on 28th if that were the case?

IMHO, the fact of Mariah’s disappearance and death tends to back up AW and the neighbor(s) who have reported EK is violent. I would personally have to go thru all kinds of contortions to believe otherwise at this point.

Agree with you %100.
Such a heartbreaking life and end to such a sweet, innocent, beautiful child.
My prayers and thoughts are with AW and his children.

A lot of domestic abusers are not particularly violent outside the home.

Very true. Most are not. However, if you know the abused, especially if you know them well, then one can tell something is "off". Long sleeves, sunglasses, swelling, and knocked out teeth, only have so many excuses.

Also, if she were abused, at this point, if her parents suspected it, they'd be saying, hinting at, something. All we've heard is that grandma had a volatile relationship with bio Dad.

If someone hits me in the face, I don't care if you call it slapping, punching, coldcocking, left hook, blindsided, box, jabbed or whatever,you still hit me.

Come on autopsy!

BBM
They better watch out, cause I'll climb their frame. I might go down, but I'll go down with a chunk of dna.

Good idea!
Isn't their address 2405 Dawson Cabin Rd Lot 7? So then wouldn't it be the other way around if it was due to their moving out of the trailer bc of the investigation/crime scene tape? So 2405 Listed as location on 27th and 2404 listed on 28th if that were the case?
Sorry I don't know their trailer no. Maybe it was a data inputting error?

Thoughts on why Kristy would've been named the victim in the 10/13/17 incident? Was it HER van he destroyed or was there some other incident that was not detailed? I just find him more than capable of carrying out violence, especially if we take into account the pot, heroin, and methamphetamine use. MOO

There have been several response calls involving the adults in Mariah’s life from the Onslow County Sheriff’s Office, reports of which were gathered by The Daily News.

• The sheriff’s office responded to the 100 block of N.C. 210 in Holly Ridge on Sept. 14, 2011 for a report of a missing person in which Earl Kimrey is named as the victim.
  • The sheriff’s office responded to the 2300 block of N.C. 172 in Sneads Ferry on Oct. 30, 2011 for reports of intoxicated and disruptive, resist, delay, or obstruct a police officer, and obstruction of justice in which a 40-year-old man named Ray Lane is named as the victim. The N.C. Department of Public Safety lists Kimrey being convicted of these charges, minus obstruction of justice, on May 10, 2012.
  • The sheriff’s office responded to a redacted address on April 2, 2016, the note “Kimrey and Woods” crossed over with a white-out pen where the address should be listed, for assault in which “juvenile” is listed as the victim and states the juvenile suffered minor injuries.

• The sheriff’s office responded to the 2400 block of Dawson Cabin Road in Jacksonville on Oct. 13, 2017 for a report of injury to real property and property damage in which Kristy Woods is named as the victim but is noted as having no injuries.
  • The sheriff’s office responded to the 2100 block of N.C. 172 in Sneads Ferry on Nov. 29, two days after Mariah was reported missing, for reports of communicating threats, neighborhood disputes, and a suspicious incident that isn’t elaborated on. Claudette Walker is named as the victim with Amanda Hawkesworth and Kimrey named as others involved

http://www.jdnews.com/news/20171205/mariahs-father-speaks-on-cps-documents-memories-of-his-daughter

From what I've seen, in violence cases, be it against a male s/o or female s/o, someone in the home, or a close neighbor, will usually call 911 if it is getting too out of hand. A lot of times, the abused will drop the charges, or just not show up in court. Note, this is how mom is said to have gotten out of the attack on bio Dad's gf. Gf didn't show up to court, and they dismissed the charge. There are zero cases like this against EK, that I've found, thus far. Also, there's not, thus far, been any indication from the eldest that mom has been beaten.

Taking it out on their vehicle? I'd think it was way over the top, a little nuts, even, but, it's his ride. He has to pay for the damage, and, it's inanimate. If he'd been beating a dog with a bat?! Now that speaks much louder.

It's said that these two, mom and EK, loosely quoted, "argued loudly". I take that to mean that others in the trailer park could hear them. I've looked up this trailer park, and it has high marks as a nice place to live, from what I've ascertained. The trailers may be older, but they seem well-kept, and there were not a lot of them, so folks would kinda know what was going on in the park. I have lived in one, where everyone had at least a 1/4 acre lot, so you didn't hear/see much unless you were just nosy. I've also lived in one that had the trailers set pretty close. There were always folks outside, working on cars, tending lawn, walking dogs, etc... So if anything too wild went on, it could be seen.

The silence about mom being an abused female is deafening. I don't think anyone has come forward and talked abut mom having any physical signs of abuse. If you know someone, well, you can tell if they are in an abusive relationship, unless you prefer to keep the scales on your eyes. If her parents have told what they've told thus far, they'd not have left that part out, imo.

If he'd been beating the daylights outta her, I feel, that by now, she'd have told her parents what all he'd done to her, and she was scared, and couldn't leave, and he gave her no choice. I gave her the benefit of the doubt, that she might be abused, in the beginning, but I've got serious doubts that she was abused, as the case goes on. I think she has a bit of a temper herself. The kids went back and forth for visits to Dad until Dad got a new girlfriend, iirc. I'd have been tickled to death if my ex had found a lucid, caring, breathing, human being that was good to mine, and watched over them. Unfortunately, his only dates were with cans.

That's a good point about people being hesitant to report to LE, also, the street rule of "no snitching." About that neighbor, that was one of the incidents I was referring too when I said there is no verified source of that ever happening or the subsequent comment about "adult tempers." In fact, him doing that doesn't seem to jive. Think about it, he busts up a car like that because he's having a temper tantrum, only way to get it fixed is to make an insurance claim and that would involve getting the cops involved to write up a report for the insurance company. If EK has a rep with the local cops, they are going to be suspicious. There isn't a viable story for EK or KW to come up with to explain that type of damage to the cops that isn't going to sound suspicious. To me, that report stinks of locals wanting to their 15min or just to settle some score.

I can't say for sure that this is the incident of the bashing of the car, but this report does list KW as the victim of the property damages. It goes on to state that KW had no injuries. Nevertheless, I tend to believe the neighbors did see EK and who knows, maybe they called LE.MOO

“The sheriff’s office responded to the 2400 block of Dawson Cabin Road in Jacksonville on Oct. 13, 2017 for a report of injury to real property and property damage in which Kristy Woods is named as the victim but is noted as having no injuries.”

http://www.jdnews.com/news/20171205/mariahs-father-speaks-on-cps-documents-memories-of-his-daughter

http://www.wtsp.com/mobile/article/...edly-abducted-out-of-north-carolina/494998399

North Carolina has issued an Amber Alert after a 3-year-old child was reportedly abducted around 11:30 p.m. Sunday. The child, Mariah Kay Woods was last seen at 2405 Lot 7 of Dawson Cabin Road in Jacksonville, North Carolina

Had to dig, but they definitely reside at the 2405 address listed on Nov 28. So the 27th could be a reporting/input error or perhaps that's where they called 911 from. Just stuck out to me, No idea if it actually means anything...

Wasn't there an MSM link in an earlier thread about suspicious activity or something to that effect that listed Earl and someone else as being involved and it was recently, as in before arrest (obviously) but after Mariah's "disappearance" being reported? Perhaps this was that incident? But it just says address....no incident listed. Hmm....off to dig more.

Does anyone else remember that report or am I confusing details from different cases?

Alright, Wishbone, I'm going to get out of your head now ;) I do like the way you think, though :)

Until there are charges brought against Mom, I believe she has every right to grieve for her daughter. At this point, no one has been charged with her murder and the mother has not been implicated.

I realize that there is a very strong chance that mom was aware of what was going on but there is just as big of a chance that she wasn't or was a victim herself.

I don't think there's just as big a chance that she wasn't aware. She was right smack dab in the middle of a dependency court case in which it was alleged that abuse was occurring. And her kids apparently knew it was happening in that small trailer.

As far as mom being a victim, fine. Then call up dad and ask him to come get the kids. Call up grandma and have her come get the kids. Call the social worker and get him or her to take the kids. I would die before I allowed some abusive monster to harm my children. And this woman had options.

Alright, Wishbone, I'm going to get out of your head now ;) I do like the way you think, though :)

I just read back a few pages and saw that EK was the suspect on 10/13 regarding a personal property thing and remembered reading it somewhere in detail...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08