GUILTY NC - Misty Carter, 22, found murdered, Buncombe County, 19 Oct 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No updates for Misty's case since Friday. My thoughts and prayers are with her family.

ASHEVILLE — The woman found dead near the Blue Ridge Parkway a week ago was killed by blunt force trauma to the head, a Buncombe County sheriff’s investigator said this afternoon.

Sheriff’s Lt. Ross Dillingham said he could not say what type of object was used to hit Misty Lynn Carter in the head. Investigators consider her killing a homicide. An autopsy determined the cause of death.

The 21-year-old Mountain Home resident’s body was found lying in the dirt a few feet from the roadway at Milepost 395 — near Glenn Gap and north of the Walnut Cove overlook.

http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20091026/NEWS01/91026042

Misty Carter's nude body was found beside the road on the Blue Ridge Parkway .... the cause of death was blunt force trauma to the head.

You can read more about this case on the Asheville Times website. She had been visiting her sister that weekend and left Sunday to be found on the Parkway Monday morning. There have been no arrests nor are there any suspects .... very mystifying case.

My sympathy to her friends and family, and I hope she and her baby rest in peace.

Bump, there is a duplicate thread started by Samantha17 that needs to be merged.

There us already a thread started on this case, I'll ask a Mod to merge.

I figured there would be - when have the folks at WS let nearly ten days go past without a thread on something like this? :D

Oh my. That is a cunundrum to call the police, wait and then be treated as a suspect and have your life torn apart. Geez, what simply innocent things might we all have on our computers that LE could link as relevant and cause an innocent person to be a suspect? A little frightening.

What would you do? Maybe that's another thread.

I hope they are able to find some good evidence. No clothes, thrown on the side of the road? Does that sound like it was someone she knew? Not to me, but you never know.

Yes, cops are no smarter than the average person and don't stop and think. If he had actually done it, he never would have called. I would sue the department. If he was scared, he might have confessed to something he never did. I continuously tell my students to never voluntarily consent to a search. You have rights under the 4th amendment.

Misty Carter's nude body was found beside the road on the Blue Ridge Parkway .... the cause of death was blunt force trauma to the head.

You can read more about this case on the Asheville Times website. She had been visiting her sister that weekend and left Sunday to be found on the Parkway Monday morning. There have been no arrests nor are there any suspects .... very mystifying case.

Sorry, I didn't realize a thread had already been started on Misty Carter's murder ...... so sad.

link to 911 call associated with the location of Misty's body....

http://www2.wspa.com/spa/news/local...covery_of_a_body_on_blue_ridge_parkway/28429/

In this call it sounds as if he was talking to someone else from 911 at first then transfered to this woman,he makes statements as to telling the guy.He sounds angry that they are asking him over again, I could be wrongbut it sounds as they cut out the first half on the call.. I hate when they edit 911 tapes ,why release them at all if you going to alter them so much that you only put out part of the picture.
They should of looked at the guy as a possible supect but not in the manner they did, They could of swabbed his cheek telling him that because he was at the scence they needed to protect him in case of transferable dna. even if he didnt get out of the truck.

The manner of of the body being disposed off does make it sound like it wasnt anyone close to her,but I wouldnt bet on that yet either
I have not read or connected her locations to see if she was in her regular route of travel or if she was traveling in her own car when she was last seen or if they are looking for her car and what she was last seen wearing. Does that mean they have that information?

Bumping for Misty and her baby!

http://www.wlos.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/wlos_vid_1154.shtml

Two weeks ago today the body of 21 year old Misty Carter was found off the Blue Ridge Parkway in Buncombe County. No arrests have been made yet. Her nude body was found near mile post 395. Carter's autopsy revealed her cause of death was a head injury. Investigators do not believe the the public is in any danger, and they will not say if they have any suspect or suspects. They have submitted a great deal of evidence to the SBI crime lab and are waiting for the results.

Although it seems like LE isn't doing anything, from what has been said, they are. They may even have a non-POI. ;)

JMHO
fran

Hope you're right Fran ... Just waiting for lab results.

http://www2.wspa.com/news/2010/aug/05/hendersonville-womans-boyfriend-charged-her-death-ar-669263/

"HENDERSONVILLE, N.C. --
Henderson County Deputies arrested Jermaine Deprie Glover Thursday evening in the 2009 death of 21-year old Misty Lynn Carter.

Carter’s nude body was found on Oct. 19, 2009, near mile marker 395 on the Blue Ridge Parkway in Buncombe County.

Henderson County investigators –- along with help from the NCBI and the Buncombe County Sheriff’s Office – linked Glover to the crime.

Glover, 37, was Carter’s boyfriend at the time of her death. The cause of death, deputies report, was blunt force trauma to the head.

She lived at 52 Piney Ridge Court in Hendersonville with Glover when she died."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www2.wspa.com/news/2010/feb/14/report_misty_carter_died_of_head_injuries_and_was_-ar-39120/

"ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP) - An autopsy report shows that a woman whose body was found along the Blue Ridge Parkway last fall died of head injuries and was set on fire after her death.

The report released Friday showed that 21-year-old Misty Lynn Carter of Mountain Home suffered a chop injury to her head and had other blunt force injuries on her body. The report also said Carter was about six weeks pregnant.

The Asheville Citizens-Times reported in Saturday's paper that Carter's nude body was found Oct. 19 with a singed sheet wrapped around her head. "

............so it was the boyfriend after all.

How sad.

So very sad. I wish these young girls would be more careful about with whom they associate. My own daughter is Misty's age. :(

OMG! That 2nd article said she was set on fire! Prayers for Misty's family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back