Found Deceased NC - Mitzi Sue "Susan" Clements, 53, hiker, Great Smoky Mountains NP, 25 Sept 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's an interesting theory, but according to the news story most of the audit/ investigation was done in 2016. As an accounting tech, she would have helped the auditor with that investigation back in 2016. If they had a problem with her work, something would have happened in 2016-2017. Sounds like she was still employed, so it seems unlikely she was under pressure for anything. At this point, her work on the audit was probably finished.

The problems seem to be with private contractors who were doing work for the city sewer system. At this stage of the investigation, they're making those folks show receipts, come up with an explanation or repay some money.

So, no, I don't see where she was involved in any wrongdoing. That would have come out a long time ago, at the earlier stages of the audit. JMO
MSN had reported she had been hired for that job in Dec of 2017. She would have had no part of the audit or the items being audited.

Such tragic news. I'm so sorry this happened. We were really holding onto hope for her family. RIP Mitzi and condolences to her friends and family. I, too, hope she didn't suffer.

Thanks to all the SAR folks who worked so hard to locate her. Such dedication.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raine73
Back