Deceased/Not Found NC - Monica Moynan, 23, mom of 2, Holly Springs, 7 Apr 2019 *GUILTY*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Welcome sweettea!! I'm not sure if it's a facebook problem, but I can still see both of Moni's pages and a family member's page as well.

There is a post on a family member's page from earlier today which pretty much explains it all, I get it now.

If you look at Moni’s mother’s Facebook post for today, she lists what possible emotions will come from getting “news” once they get it. 4/6 of those emotions are negative. To me, that suggests that realistically, they are expecting that a negative outcome is more likely. :(

This is just my interpretation and opinion. I’m just as in the dark as everyone else.

If you look at Moni’s mother’s Facebook post for today, she lists what possible emotions will come from getting “news” once they get it. 4/6 of those emotions are negative. To me, that suggests that realistically, they are expecting that a negative outcome is more likely. :(

This is just my interpretation and opinion. I’m just as in the dark as everyone else.
Replying to my own post just to add...

I’m assuming (and hoping) that Law Enforcement has more information than the family does at this point in terms of the investigation. They are probably playing it close to the vest, which is crucial to the investigation.

So, while the family is understandably in desperate need of answers, I have faith that LE is working diligently, and may already have some answers, and will continue to get more answers as warrants are served and people are questioned. It’s always hard in cases like this when it’s quiet and seems like nothing is being done, but rest assured, there is a lot going on behind the scenes.

Welcome sweettea!! I'm not sure if it's a facebook problem, but I can still see both of Moni's pages and a family member's page as well.

There is a post on a family member's page from earlier today which pretty much explains it all, I get it now.

Thank you! And yes it must have been some kind of glitch or maybe I didn't have service..idk but I do know that my comment about providing more information was deleted...I hope I didn't offend anyone ..I just hope she is found safe sometime soon. If the ex was impersonating her then I can't see another option other than him having something to do with this...

So her car IS missing?
Neighbors wonder if man’s ban is related to missing Holly Springs mom :: WRAL.com

Neighbors at Holly Spring's Timber Creek Apartments haven't seen a 23-year-old missing mother in months.

"I hadn't seen the car, or her, or her kids. So, it's a few months
," said Shelley Kimball.

This is very odd to me. I noticed it seemed like her mom and stepfather regularly commented on her earlier posts, around March really no one comments on her posts. I just wished if the thought was it wasn’t her posting, they would try to make small talk on her post with something only she would know. If her phone is being used, they most certainly can have that tracked. If the former boyfriend is using a pc or laptop, then the IP address could be tracked.

I can’t imagine not hearing something from my grandchildren in this long of a span of time. Are they seeing them? If not, why not and who has them. Does the retraining order include her children? If mom is missing, it looks like she has custody, has that been turned over to the father or grandparents in court?? So much unanswered. I realize we may not be privy to this info, but the absolute lack of any clues is concerning.

Thanks Knox could very well be the case. What's troubling about the fact that she might have just left on her own is that she didn't take her car. Her mother posted to someone that asked for vehicle information that the reason no tag information or description of the vehicle has been released is because she didn't take it. It's all just very strange.
So her car is still at her place of residence?

Monica has been added to NAMUS: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Original
Original

Original

Original

Circumstances of Disappearance
Family members have not seen her since March 30, 2019. She was last seen out in the early morning hours of April 7th with friends at a bar. She arrived home and was never seen again. Her vehicle and personal belongings were located at her residence.

Monica has been added to NAMUS: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Original
Original

Original

Original

Family members have not seen her since March 30, 2019. She was last seen out in the early morning hours of April 7th with friends at a bar. She arrived home and was never seen again. Her vehicle and personal belongings were located at her residence.
Thank you for sharing @Gardener1850 ! This is more info. than we have received thus far. As far as the pin drop on the map, that is just showing the center of town, not her residence. Her apartment is about a 1-2 minute car ride from there. My Way Tavern and Niche Wine Lounge are both near the pin drop and close at 1am on Saturdays. (Last known date seen is a Sunday because it was after midnight)

However, possibly the pin drop on Map is just showing the town where she went missing, and is not meant to show a precise location. Holly Springs does not have an active bar scene. She may have been at a bar in Raleigh. In this case, I don’t really think it matters which bar. But I’d be interested to know who she communicated with on her cell phone possibly while still out, or after having arrived home. Though if someone was waiting for her at her residence, her cell phone records for that evening may not be helpful.

According to this description, she arrived home. I wonder if that is known from cell phone records or a witness statement. (Possibly both).

Unfortunately, this bit of info. fits into a scenario that many of us are already entertaining.

Edited to add: On a positive note, I’m glad to know that a more specific timeline is known. That should definitely aid in the investigation.

Last edited:

Original
Original
Original

Original

Well ok then. That bit of information would have been helpful to have at the beginning!

So was someone at the bar paying special attention to Moni that night? This opens up a whole new list of potential suspects. Who were the "friends" she was with?

Still doesn't explain the kids. Who had them that night while she was out? Who tried to bring them home? Wouldn't that person have sounded the alert? Like hey I tried to bring the kids home Sunday night and the Mother of my children is MIA?

Nothing makes sense, even when we learn new details.

Last edited:
Well ok then. That bit of information would have been helpful to have at the beginning!

So was someone at the bar paying special attention to Moni that night? This opens up a whole new list of potential suspects. Who were the "friends" she was with?

Still doesn't explain the kids. Who had them that night while she was out? Who tried to bring them home? Wouldn't that person have sounded the alert? Like hey I tried to bring the kids home Sunday night and the Mother of my children is MIA?

Nothing makes sense, even when we learn new details.
I respectfully disagree with the BBM statement. The following questions you asked, are the main reason I do not believe this new information adds a new list of potential suspects: “who had them [the kids] the night she was out? Wouldn’t that person have sounded the alert?”

In light of the info. coming from Monica’s NAMUS description, *modsnip*, I sense LE has made some strides and will now be finalizing their case. I hope an arrest will come soon.

My Opinion Only.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sick to my stomach about this case. I just created an account on here today after a google search led me to WS. I have been following this one closely... < modsnip - implying inside information without verification> I am concerned because the family hasn't posted in a few days. Just praying for a good outcome.

I'm sick to my stomach about this case. I just created an account on here today after a google search led me to WS. I have been following this one closely...< modsnip> I am concerned because the family hasn't posted in a few days. Just praying for a good outcome.

Can you elaborate? Welcome.

I'm sick to my stomach about this case. I just created an account on here today after a google search led me to WS. I have been following this one closely. < modsnip> I am concerned because the family hasn't posted in a few days. Just praying for a good outcome.

Welcome! Would you consider becoming verified and sharing any info you have?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saglimtas20
Back