Identified! NC - Orange Co, WhtFem 15-25, 558UFNC, pink sweatshirt w/bunnies, Sep'90 - Lisa Coburn Kesler

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I find it intresting she had 2 last names. Was she married at the time of her disappearance? Maybe her husband was involved. Also has investigator Dylan Hendricks looked at Clark Perry Baldwin as a possible suspect? He seemed to have had a couple of victims with abdominal scars like hers and around the same age as her in the early 90s.

This bit was intriguing, imo, rbbm
Oct 5 '23
“We are working with an individual who has a very unique skill set in interrogation in cases like this,” said Blackwood.

In a previous interview with CBS 17’s Steve Sbraccia, Sheriff Blackwood said the positioning of Lisa’s body and clothing at the murder scene was very unique.

He said descriptions relating to that are being used by forensic detectives who are combing databases to find similar crimes which may also play a role in this investigation.

Last edited:
This bit was intriguing, imo, rbbm
Oct 5 '23
“We are working with an individual who has a very unique skill set in interrogation in cases like this,” said Blackwood.

In a previous interview with CBS 17’s Steve Sbraccia, Sheriff Blackwood said the positioning of Lisa’s body and clothing at the murder scene was very unique.

He said descriptions relating to that are being used by forensic detectives who are combing databases to find similar crimes which may also play a role in this investigation.

Ahhh, yes! A photo of Lisa is on this article! It also confirms Lisa was, in-fact, married. It also seems the photos we thought were of her aren't.

Ahhh, yes! A photo of Lisa is on this article! It also confirms Lisa was, in-fact, married. It also seems the photos we thought were of her aren't.
Wow, thank you. Very interesting. I‘m curious about the “unique clothing” and “body positioning” that leads authorities to think there could possibly be other victims.

Wow, thank you. Very interesting. I‘m curious about the “unique clothing” and “body positioning” that leads authorities to think there could possibly be other victims.
Off the top of my head, there's two possibilities (There are numerous others though).

1. Her murder matched the MO of a serial killer or murderer.
2. There were numerous similar cases in the area at the time, leading there to be a possible serial killer.

Former classmates of Lisa told the local reporter from the Jackson Herald she was a quiet person who kept to herself, but the sheriff says there was more to her life than that.

“As you began to read the book of the person, there are unique qualities that are who we become,” said Blackwood. “Her book was very complex and without getting into any details at this time, I’ll just say that it was a very, very complex life that she lived.”

She was beautiful... Rest in peace Lisa.
LisaKesler.jpg
1696532418360.png

I agree! I'm usually not a fan of clay reconstructions, but this one is so accurate, I'm actually quite impressed.
I think clay often does a better job, other recons are too focused on being realistic or detailed whereas clay gets the bare minimum of their features.

Trace Evidence Podcast just released an episode about the news of the New Hope Jane Doe being identified as Lisa Coburn Kesler UPDATE - Jane Doe Identified & More

In this special update episode we examine major breaking news that the previously unidentified victim found adjacent to I-40 in Orange County, NC in September of 1990 has finally had her name returned to her.

Twenty year old Lisa Coburn Kesler was identified through genetic geneaology and now investigators want to find anyone who knew her. They also hope, that by unlocking Lisa's past, they can uncover the person behind her murder. Listen to the full, original episode 207 - New Hope Jane Doe.

I'm curious what they mean by Lisa having a 'complex' life.

“As you began to read the book of the person, there are unique qualities that are who we become,” said Blackwood. “Her book was very complex and without getting into any details at this time, I’ll just say that it was a very, very complex life that she lived.”

Also, they have a person of interest they want to interview and they have interviewed this person before. I wonder if they were interviewed in Lisa's missing case, another similar case, or even in her Doe case before her name was known.

Edit: just realized Lisa wasn't reported missing so likely not in her missing case, but it could be related to her life in some way. Maybe someone related to the 'complex' lifestyle they mention above.

NC deputies have person of interest in cold case

Last edited:
I'm really curious to know what cases LE think may be related to Lisa's and why the didn't make the connection sooner, considering it wasn't her name that led LE to make the connection.
Im wondering if they are investigating the possibility of her being a Clark Perry Baldwin victim.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back