Identified! NC - Orange Co, WhtFem 15-25, 558UFNC, pink sweatshirt w/bunnies, Sep'90 - Lisa Coburn Kesler

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Has it ever been established on what side of the highway she was found on? Eastbound or westbound? Even though she was found outside several days after her death, LE noticed how clean her socks were. That suggests to me, where ever she came from, she got dressed that day in clean clothes. She wasn't outside in the elements without a place to stay, or hitchhiking in muggy warm weather in mid September. The fact that her sweatshirt was around her neck rather than being worn also suggests she was probably murdered in a vehicle and dumped at the most opportune time.
She was found on the Eastbound side of I-40. The clean socks suggest quite a few things to me: (1) her socks weren't dirty, I don't mean that flippantly, but in addition to what you mentioned, having clean socks were important. (2) she was likely wearing footwear that covered her feet, vice sandals, or something that would allow socks to dirty more easily. She was found not far from Burlington, huge textile area, used to have many outlet stores sellings socks, undergarments, etc. (Rolane was a big one).

I agree about being murdered in a vehicle and being pushed from the vehicle at an opportune time. It's doubtful to me she was carried from a vehicle, but most likely pushed out of it and gravity and body weight rolled her down the slightly sloped area (I think her body was found was around 15 feet from the road, not close enough for passerbys to see her - she was discovered by a mowing/road crew). Having said that, I believe she was pushed from a vehicle large enough with some height on it and I believe it to be a semi.

I believe various skull sutures begin fusion process at age 25; as I recall in researching her case none of these processes had yet started, and that in conjunction with dental info helped lead to age estimate of 15-25, and probably within the mid range of the high and low in the estimate. (There may have been other measures as well.) Age estimates are tough though and I have seen cases where they were way off - I personally believe that if there is a difference it will not be a great deviation, and would be at the higher age estimate, not the lower.

I wonder if there was any evidence of braces, at least recently.
There was no mention of any evidence of braces or orthodontia prep. I've read the autopsy report and have researched the case and believe this would have been noted. Her dental work included amalgam restorations on 3, 14, and 19; caries on 2, 15, 18; 23 through 26 tilted to the lingual, and tooth 28 in a lingual crossbite. Referring to the chart below:

3, 14, and 19 are 1st molars (general age of eruption is 6-7 years) - filings/dental care on these teeth
2, 15, 18 are 2nd molars (general age of eruption is 11-12 years) - cavities/no fillings in these teeth

In speaking with NCMEC on her case in the past, I was told that this type of dental care pattern is typically seen in children who have lost that service for some reason in their childhood - perhaps they went into foster care, ran away, lost their primary life provider for some reason. Given dental care was provided on 3, 14, and 19, she did have that service in her earlier life.

1660006234608.png

I wonder if she was killed by the same man who killed Stacey Lyn Chahorski in 1988?

He apparently had criminal histories in Florida, Georgia, and North Carolina (according to the GBI: Michigan Woman Missing for 33 Years Identified with Genealogy Technology)

From the article:

Mr. Wise worked for Western Carolina Trucking and lived in the Carolinas as well as in Florida, Agent Montgomery said. His trucking route would have taken him through Chattanooga, Tenn., and Birmingham, Ala., “which would have put him in the direct route where Stacey was found.”

The authorities believed “all along” that the killer was a truck driver, Agent Montgomery said. “We just could not figure out who it was.”

Mr. Wise had a criminal history in multiple states that included charges of theft, assault and obstruction of a police officer. If Mr. Wise committed other unsolved crimes, Agent Montgomery said, “they should come to light now.”

I wonder if she was killed by the same man who killed Stacey Lyn Chahorski in 1988?

He apparently had criminal histories in Florida, Georgia, and North Carolina (according to the GBI: Michigan Woman Missing for 33 Years Identified with Genealogy Technology)

From the article:

Mr. Wise worked for Western Carolina Trucking and lived in the Carolinas as well as in Florida, Agent Montgomery said. His trucking route would have taken him through Chattanooga, Tenn., and Birmingham, Ala., “which would have put him in the direct route where Stacey was found.”

The authorities believed “all along” that the killer was a truck driver, Agent Montgomery said. “We just could not figure out who it was.”

Mr. Wise had a criminal history in multiple states that included charges of theft, assault and obstruction of a police officer. If Mr. Wise committed other unsolved crimes, Agent Montgomery said, “they should come to light now.”
I’ve recently started looking into him and think he’s probably got more victims. It’s a possibility.

It would be great to get his incarceration history - would provide more info relative to the possibility. I'm certain a full background has been done on him.

I’ve recently started looking into him and think he’s probably got more victims. It’s a possibility.
The problem with truck drivers is that it can be very hard to track down their routes.

Dud anything ever come of the suspect cab driver? I will link my posts from a few years back.
I found out who the taxi driver in question was. His name was Keith Allen Brown. He murdered a woman named Kathy Fogleman on Nov 3rd that same year. Interestingly she was also found on a church road but in Burlington, Mount Hope Church rd. Another woman, Pamela Hoy, remains were found not far from Fogleman's. She was missing since July. He had started working as a cab driver in August 1990.

CAB DRIVER ARRESTED IN WOMAN'S SLAYING

MURDER SUSPECT QUESTIONED IN OTHER DEATHS

"Deputies from the Orange County Sheriff's Department have questioned Brown about the death of an unidentified woman whose partially nude body was found in September off New Hope Church Road near Interstate 40 in Orange County.

The woman's sweat shirt was wrapped around her neck, and she was wearing only her socks. An autopsy on her partially decomposed body showed she might have been strangled, or had her throat slit."

"Based on findings in the Guilford County case, Brown is a possible suspect in the death of an unidentified woman found in Orange County in September, Shaver said. The partially nude body was found off New Hope Church Road near Interstate 40.

Brown has not admitted or denied involvement in the Orange County death, Shaver said.

Shaver is working with Orange County sheriff's detectives and doesn't know whether Brown is the only suspect in that death. Efforts to reach Orange County sheriff's detectives were unsuccessful Thursday
."

CABBIE: I DIDN'T KILL HOY

Dud anything ever come of the suspect cab driver? I will link my posts from a few years back.
He committed suicide while he was in jail as Orange County authorities were preparing to question him. Certainly suspicious, although I don't necessarily ascribe to him being her killer.

With Ms. Hoy, I believe the primary suspect in her case was her husband, although I'm not certain.

@Caring1 Hey could you post the current NamUs exclusion list for this Jane Doe?
Incoming!

MP6393 Melanie Melanson
MP2652 Krista De La Rosa
MP1376 Tammy Leppert
MP14263 Phyllis Flynn
MP6327 Marjorie Luna
MP4035 Kimberly Kersey
MP1860 Kimberly Norwood
MP7135 PennyLease
MP5414 Connie Royse
MP835 Paige Renkoski
MP6388 Meredith Medina
MP4711 Andrea Durham
MP7572 Veronica Blumhorst
MP15590 Monique McClelland
MP27780 Stacey Chahorski * Located Deceased
MP7914 Dean Pyle Peters
MP1785 Jennifer Pandos
MP8281 Cynthia Perry
MP2491 Alicia Markovich
MP6559 Sandy Rea
MP13860 Frankie Horsley
MP12567 Nancy Willis
MP2484 Tracy Kroh
MP331 Victoria Owczynsky
MP7616 Charlene Villinger
MP5531 Tammie McCormick
MP974 Patricia Schmidt
MP2536 Angela Hamby
MP3063 Joyce Walcott
Billie Jean Hall
Janet Glover
MP1100 Hazel Klug
MP2075 Sally Stone
MP2318 Gina Brooks
MP335 Susan Swedell
MP4204 AngelaSmith
Helen Miltenberger
Sandy Rea
Michelle Jakaitis
Joann Pogue
Krista De La Rosa
Diana Hall
MP1174 Gina Hall* Located Deceased
Kimie Eddy
Patricia Kelly
MP1868 Shannon Potter
Stephanie Slater
Autumn Cox

I just listened to the Trace Evidence Podcast coverage of this story.

I did some searching parameter tweeking in CharleyProject (which is a bit of a pain to do searing in IMO), and though I doubt it is her, I have who is the mostly like to be her from the missing women in 1990 with abdominal scars.

1668248395358.png1668248403307.png1668248415757.png1668248422470.png1668248429545.png1668248436928.png

I just listened to the Trace Evidence Podcast coverage of this story.

I did some searching parameter tweeking in CharleyProject (which is a bit of a pain to do searing in IMO), and though I doubt it is her, I have who is the mostly like to be her from the missing women in 1990 with abdominal scars.

View attachment 379297View attachment 379298View attachment 379299View attachment 379300View attachment 379301View attachment 379302

Lora Leigh McIntire at NamUs:

Incoming!

MP6393 Melanie Melanson
MP2652 Krista De La Rosa
MP1376 Tammy Leppert
MP14263 Phyllis Flynn
MP6327 Marjorie Luna
MP4035 Kimberly Kersey
MP1860 Kimberly Norwood
MP7135 PennyLease
MP5414 Connie Royse
MP835 Paige Renkoski
MP6388 Meredith Medina
MP4711 Andrea Durham
MP7572 Veronica Blumhorst
MP15590 Monique McClelland
MP27780 Stacey Chahorski * Located Deceased
MP7914 Dean Pyle Peters
MP1785 Jennifer Pandos
MP8281 Cynthia Perry
MP2491 Alicia Markovich
MP6559 Sandy Rea
MP13860 Frankie Horsley
MP12567 Nancy Willis
MP2484 Tracy Kroh
MP331 Victoria Owczynsky
MP7616 Charlene Villinger
MP5531 Tammie McCormick
MP974 Patricia Schmidt
MP2536 Angela Hamby
MP3063 Joyce Walcott
Billie Jean Hall
Janet Glover
MP1100 Hazel Klug
MP2075 Sally Stone
MP2318 Gina Brooks
MP335 Susan Swedell
MP4204 AngelaSmith
Helen Miltenberger
Sandy Rea
Michelle Jakaitis
Joann Pogue
Krista De La Rosa
Diana Hall
MP1174 Gina Hall* Located Deceased
Kimie Eddy
Patricia Kelly
MP1868 Shannon Potter
Stephanie Slater
Autumn Cox
By chance, is it still the same list or has some other exclusion been added?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
liiinebecc
Back