NC - Paitin Fields, 5, raped & murdered, Pender County, 12 Nov 2017 *ARREST in 2022*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks lonetraveler, this is what we've been waiting for. At last we've got movement on the case and Justice coming for a sweet little girl.
I certainly hope that this is a move in the right direction. It is way past time for justice for this baby girl.
So much is wrong with this case and I feel a cover-up has been in play since the very beginning.

I certainly hope that this is a move in the right direction. It is way past time for justice for this baby girl.
So much is wrong with this case and I feel a cover-up has been in play since the very beginning.

Somethings up loneteaveler. I imagined because of the family origins perhaps thing would take longer. But no, it's not that surely. I really thought at one point we were on the way but another stop and nothing in media. Someone, somewhere knows why we're waiting. What the dickens is going on! A precious little girl has lost her life for heavens sake.

LE can't you release an update please? Just a little nudge to jog you to give us something.

It's just outrageous that there appears to be nothing done further for this little girl. How could they have no evidence whatsoever? And if they do have evidence why are they doing nothing!?!? This loser moves in and 2 or 3 days later she's sexually assaulted and strangled. There were only two other people in that house and HE was the one who failed a lie detector test "miserably". I'm not sure I've ever heard anyone as described as failing it miserable either.

cocomod thank you for the link. As I originally stated this was back in December 2018 but Wednesday was the first time I'd seen this newspaper clip. Let's hope that the quietness now is down to the new sheriff working behind the scenes.

I think of this little girl so often. Why isn't someone in her corner hounding LE, calling news reporters, writing letters to the editor? It's the squeaky wheel that gets the oil. Where are the people who loved her in life?

The latest. Basically nothing. I am hoping they are being carefully silent in order to have a firm case.

Pender sheriff still investigating child's homicide

PENDER COUNTY — Sixteen months after the death of Pender County 5-year-old Paitin Fields, authorities have put out a statement saying the hunt for the child's killer is “still a very active investigation.” Thursday afternoon, the Pender County Sheriff's Office released the statement on behalf of Sheriff Alan Cutler.

“We understand there are opinions circulating within and outside our community why no one has been charged in this case,” it read. “We continue to do everything possible to get justice for Paitin by keeping her case a priority so that her attacker may be brought to justice as soon as possible.”

On Nov. 13, 2017, Paitin was taken to Pender Memorial Hospital with complaints of seizure and an altered mental status, according to an autopsy report from the Chief Medical Exam-iner’s Office in Raleigh, released last year. Her family members reportedly told medical staff that the child had been sick for two days with respiratory problems.

According to the Medical Examiner's report, an ER nurse found “ligature marks on her neck, consistent with strangulation” and sent Paitin to the New Hanover Regional Medical Center for evaluation.

At NHRMC, doctors also found evidence that Paitin had been sexually assaulted, the autopsy report stated. The child died at the hospital on Nov. 16, and the Pender County Sher-iff's Office opened a homicide investigation.

Since then, detectives have publically identified one suspect: David Wesley Prevatte, 19, of Willard— Paitin's uncle.

The sheriff's office has not released the identity of other potential suspects. Prevatte's status in the case was released last June after he reportedly threatened Sgt. John Leatherwood, the detective in the Paitin Fields investigation, while Prevatte was being held in the Pender County jail on separate charges.

Prevatte remains in the jail on multiple charges, including intimidating a witness.

In the release Wednesday, officials reassured the public that they are still working with the office of District Attorney Ben David on the case. A statement from David's Office read, in part: “This case is very important to the District Attorney’s Office. Consistent with our policeprosecutor team approach, I have been apprised of the investigation since its early stages. The case remains under active investigation by the Pender County Sheriff's Office, and they continue to follow all leads in the case. We have conducted a critical case review of this case with senior prosecutors in our office and other law enforcement agencies. We will continue to review all evidence as it comes to light.”

Anyone with information in the death of Paitin Fields is asked to call the Pender County Sheriff's Office at 910-259-1212.

Cammie Bellamy
Star news march 22, 2019

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro