NC - Paitin Fields, 5, raped & murdered, Pender County, 12 Nov 2017 *ARREST in 2022*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A family member responded above and said she was at her maternal grandma's house. Her step grandfather and uncle were also in the house. She was found in the bedroom.

I wish to god I had never looked at the family members’ Facebook pages. Confounding and sickening. What is up with all of this depravity in such a small geographical area, too? And in this one family, apparently.

I wish to god I had never looked at the family members’ Facebook pages. Confounding and sickening. What is up with all of this depravity in such a small geographical area, too? And in this one family, apparently.

Oh Yikes.

I saw them too - Good Lord I do not want to know, I just don't.....

Would it make sense for LE to not arrest someone, if they suspected them of the crime, until they had solid evidence in the form of DNA? If getting back DNA results can take time, would they be risking problems by arresting someone without the solid evidence?
i.e. they know exactly who did it, they feel no one else is in danger, and they are waiting until the results come back?
That seems to be what is happening, but wouldn't the family deserve to know more?

Does it rake this long to get DNA back?

JUst answered my own question - this is NC and they are backlogged. I have seen some cases completed quickly - there doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason to the ones done quickly.

I don't uxderstand why this is so hush-hush and why someone isn't arrested as it seems the offender lives in that house. JMO.

This is the wrong link.

I found the father's fb page. There is a post in which an accuser is named and it is not a minor. It alludes the act was commited by the grandmother's boyfriend.

I think that is in reference to a different case - my heart stopped when I saw it too, but read right to the end of the text, it talks about justice for another girl's name, no mention of Paitin.

ETA: and now I've read the whole thread I see you've addressed this already :) But now I'm going to go back and read facebook comments, hmm

I only saw the bio mom's fb page, I'll not say anything detailed, but it was enough. Maybe someone could share Dad's page with me.

I just checked out the FB of both parents. I don’t recommend doing it...I am so disgusted and angry now I won’t sleep.

But it usually refers to a minor victim who "didn't say no." When a 5 year old is involved, it's outright rape! Unless they'd call it "statutory" if the perpetrator was a minor....a very young minor? I don't know....I still think it is very weird. I've never seen that charge in a sexual assault of a small child. A teenager, maybe.
I am sure you'll see charges evolve once the DNA comes back

Just had someone on Miriah's thread that was trying to tie these two cases together. I don't think there is any relationship between the cases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just checked out the FB of both parents. I don’t recommend doing it...I am so disgusted and angry now I won’t sleep.
Did the mom scrub hers then? Cause I see nothing of interest and barely anything at all..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

(Following)

Eta: catching up, posted this in Mariah's thread, sorry if repost:

PENDER COUNTY, NC (WWAY) — In our efforts to find out more about the death of a Pender county child who was raped and murdered, we reached a dead end when it came to requesting the search warrant"

https://www.wwaytv3.com/news-tags/paitin-fields/

"Field was laid to rest over the weekend and now her father’s family wants to know why no person of interest has been named. They say the only thing they’ve heard lately is that the DNA results are still being processed."

https://www.wwaytv3.com/2017/11/29/...ts-answers-after-pender-child-raped-murdered/

Paitin's Obituary

"Paitin Renee Fields, age 5, of Watha passed away Thursday, November 16, 2017 at New Hanover Regional Medical Center in Wilmington. She was born June 23, 2012 in Lumberton..."

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/Paitin-Fields-obituary?pid=187309397&view=guestbook

Did the mom scrub hers then? Cause I see nothing of interest and barely anything at all..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It's more what's NOT being posted/cared about than what is.

Does anyone know if the older sister is still in the home? This is very unsettling to me that they have yet to make an arrest and it appears they know who the perp is that killed sweet Paitin. I initially thought the records were sealed for a minor, but can't find anything to support that. Appears as though Paitin lived with her maternal grandmother, maternal grandmother's bf or husband??, and a maternal uncle. Can anyone confirm?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly
Back