Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[/B]

STEVE-- Remember LE has cleared nick so far, there was no compelling evidence and his statement jived so far to satisfy LE.

Yeah, Nick's suspicious.

But, alot of times with new friendships, out of respect, maybe Nick just wanted to please Kelli's wishes when said she will get out of the car and go.

If Nick's telling the truth, he saw Kelli was anxious about the person she saw or spooked her, so he trusted her instincts.

I'm wondering if noticing something, why did'nt Nick sort of just sit tight in the car and wait for Kelli to see if she was OK?

Then again, I'm thinking with Nick's shady past, he's probably not someone who really thinks about the safety or concerns of his "friends"

If Nick's statements jive with them, why does he continue to be the main focus of LE per the relatively recent MSM articles?

Your last statement I agree with 100%

CHILI---- Here are some other helpful transcripts form the CNN interviews:

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. Since Kelli disappeared ten days ago -- we`re going to give you the timeline. She disappeared at 1:20 in the morning. That was the last time she was seen. She wasn`t reported missing until two days later when she didn`t show up for duty at Fort Bragg. You just heard that.

So here`s my concern, and I`ll go back to Mike Bordeaux who we`re speaking to exclusively -- this is the missing soldier`s husband. There`s more than 48 hours between when she was last seen and when she was reported missing and the problem with that is somebody could have driven 1,000 miles in that time and come back to Fayetteville.

So do you have -- have police told you where Nicholas Holbert was, let`s say, that day Saturday or that day Sunday?

BORDEAUX: Was I aware that he was with her?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: No, I`m saying, in other words, from the time she disappeared to the time she was reported missing it`s more than 48 hours. That gives anybody who took her tremendous leeway to get away.

So given that this is the guy who was last seen, Nicholas Holbert, has anybody heard either Mike or Matt from law enforcement as to what he was doing after he claims he dropped her off for the next couple of days?

BORDEAUX: No. I mean, we haven`t heard anything. I mean, supposedly he was the last one to see her, you know? The last time I even talked to her was Friday afternoon and you know, we were just talking and texting and everything was fine, and I just let her go for the rest of the day because, you know. She has friends and she does things and I was in Florida visiting my parents so I didn`t think anything of it.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Mike, let me ask you this question. Have you ever been to the Froggy Bottoms; it`s the bar near the apartment complex where - -

BORDEAUX: Yes. I know it`s the bar. I`ve never been there. Me and Kelli never went together. We didn`t even go to bars to together. I mean the closest bar we would ever go to is Buffalo Wild Wings. And we don`t even drink beer; we`ll just have a couple of wings and you know, take home -- take the rest home.
( This is a bit of B.S. Kelli was a regular to heavy drinker)

And we`ve never been to Froggy Bottoms together. I`ve never been by myself. I don`t know this Nick guy.

Xavier, I'm assuming you added the B.S. part. I don't remember that as part of the transcript. Just a bit confusing as presented as all. I don't know anything, anywhere, that has established she was a regular or heavy drinker, though I guess that depends on one's definitions. Not sure what the rest is stating. It appears to be consistent with hubby's statement that he hasn't been to FB with Kelli, nor by himself.

1. Nick Holbert has NOT been 'cleared' by anyone in LE and yes, he continues to remain the prime POI by LE.

2. Kelli being a "regular to heavy drinker" is speculation. We know she drank at FroggyBottom's. We don't know what her regular drinking patterns were outside of that evening.

Rumor and speculation does not help maintain facts in a case. It does quite the opposite.

Madeleine74 you are spreading rumor as fact and telling others not to. Seriously people use Google. All I see in this thread is Nick Holbert Nick Holbert Nick Holbert. Cmon guys your personal feelings are not facts. Just because hes a sex offender does not make him a suspect or the perp. He is not a POI or a suspect period, end of story, LE has clearly stated this.

The last person to see her was a convicted sex offender who gave her a ride home from the Froggy Bottoms bar where she sang karaoke with friends. Police questioned Nicholas Holbert twice and ruled him out as a person of interest.

Link

Madeleine74 you are spreading rumor as fact and telling others not to. Seriously people use Google. All I see in this thread is Nick Holbert Nick Holbert Nick Holbert. Cmon guys your personal feelings are not facts. Just because hes a sex offender does not make him a suspect or the perp. He is not a POI or a suspect period, end of story, LE has clearly stated this.

Link

Thank You!
And I agree Because him being a sex offender does not mean he did this!
It did serve him up on a silver platter.

There are three ppl I believe could be responsible for this.
I do not think it was a stranger.

Link

FACT: NH is the last known person to be with Kelli before she disappeared. If there is someone else who was with Kelli after she left the bar, that person does not appear to be known to LE or anyone else.

FACT: NH is a registered sex offender who violated terms of his release and has been arrested and sentenced to prison as a result.

FACT: NH is someone LE believes is either involved directly or at least knows more than he has told about the night/morning Kelli disappeared. He is their primary person in which they believe there is more to find out about/from.

Looking for articles and mentions on "Google" is not evidence. Blog posts are not evidence.

I've not spread rumors and I don't speculate on who is involved or make up fictional situations or create pretend-facts to fit a theory. I've not done as many others have done--and that is point fingers at any member of KB's family, bar patrons, other residents of Fayetteville, members of the military, or suggested anything about Kelli, her life, her habits. I haven't ever said NH "did" it. I couldn't possibly know that as I wasn't there, I'm not an investigator, I don't have the case files or anything else. I said NH is the person LE and KB's family believe is directly involved. Those aren't 'feelings,' btw, that is exactly what each (LE and KB's family) have gone on record and said.

Further, I've not "told" anyone what to post or not post. I made a statement that spreading rumors and speculating does not help maintain facts in a case. And that is a true statement.

There is also a registered sex offender that lives in that neighborhood as well. I do not have the details, could have just been statuatory, as he was 21, and the victim was 15. You can find that by going on the North Carolina Sex Offender Registry.

Link

I think it's smart to work from what we know, and the most pertinent thing we've heard from LE about anyone is the lead detective on the case saying that Holbert, "has very valuable information as to where she's at". He thinks Holbert knows where Kelli is, and Nick is not willing to provide LE that info.

I don't discount other possibilities, obviously there was at least one rapist terrorizing the area, but I also can't diminish the significance of the investigator working the case mentioning Holbert specifically as being the one who can lead them to Kelli's location.

I think it's smart to work from what we know, and the most pertinent thing we've heard from LE about anyone is the lead detective on the case saying that Holbert, "has very valuable information as to where she's at". He thinks Holbert knows where Kelli is, and Nick is not willing to provide LE that info.

I don't discount other possibilities, obviously there was at least one rapist terrorizing the area, but I also can't diminish the significance of the investigator working the case mentioning Holbert specifically as being the one who can lead them to Kelli's location.

I always felt like that statement was to put pressure on Holbert, make him think they had more than they did. Apparently it didn't work cause he's not talking. MOO and all that!

I always felt like that statement was to put pressure on Holbert, make him think they had more than they did. Apparently it didn't work cause he's not talking. MOO and all that!

It's an interesting thought, but Holbert was in very likely in jail when Detective Locklear made that comment (it was on the Today show in June), so I don't think it's the case. I think it's prudent to take the detective at his word.

Yes, in jail but on unrelated charges. So far the only thing they have him for as far as Kelli goes is that he was the last KNOWN person with her. I think the detective was fishing. If Nick's the perp, make him sweat, if not, let the actual perp think all eyes are focused on Holbert.

Do you have someone in mind. The person you describe sounds like NH. He's local. Hubby is not. NH is available for more questioning. Hubby is not. NH and hubby knew Kelli. NH knew where Kelli would be. I don't recall seeing anything to suggest hubby did. NH obviously knew who she was out with. I don't recall seeing anything to suggest hubby did. Those are the only 2 I know of that have been discussed and it sure sounds like NH you're talking about. The bar owner? Seriously trying to rack my mind for other locals.

If LE wants to speak to someone, then that person will become available..they don't have a choice.

In my mind , Nick is a suspect but I also think another suspect is possible.

Look at the reports, interviews. Nick said he took Kelli directly home which is a very short 1/8 mile away from Froggys.

Instead, LE has texts from Kelli's phone indicating they pinged in an area around the Dept Of Transporation building off of I 295 & Ramsey St. Behind this building is a huge wooded area, where Nick had lived in/around for some time. This wooded area is also where a sex assault occured before. I might be wrong, but I'm of the impression these woods is where Nick assaulted the 5 year old girl years ago.

This building/DOT area is the opposite direction to get to Kelli's apartment at Meadow Brook complex.

So what happened during this timeline? What were they doing? About, what, 45 minutes to 1 hour later, the final text comes from Kelli's phone saying she's home safely. Alot can happen in 1 hour.

If Nick is being truthful about his alibi and what did happen, then if Kelli was spooked, startled by someone she likely knew when Nick dropped her off, then that person is also a suspect.

[QUOTE=Madeleine74;8578616]FACT: NH is the last known person to be with Kelli before she disappeared. If there is someone else who was with Kelli after she left the bar, that person does not appear to be known to LE or anyone else.

FACT: NH is a registered sex offender who violated terms of his release and has been arrested and sentenced to prison as a result.

FACT: NH is someone LE believes is either involved directly or at least knows more than he has told about the night/morning Kelli disappeared. He is their primary person in which they believe there is more to find out about/from.

Looking for articles and mentions on "Google" is not evidence. Blog posts are not evidence.

I've not spread rumors and I don't speculate on who is involved or make up fictional situations or create pretend-facts to fit a theory. I've not done as many others have done--and that is point fingers at any member of KB's family, bar patrons, other residents of Fayetteville, members of the military, or suggested anything about Kelli, her life, her habits. I haven't ever said NH "did" it. I couldn't possibly know that as I wasn't there, I'm not an investigator, I don't have the case files or anything else. I said NH is the person LE and KB's family believe is directly involved. Those aren't 'feelings,' btw, that is exactly what each (LE and KB's family) have gone on record and said.

Further, I've not "told" anyone what to post or not post. I made a statement that spreading rumors and speculating does not help maintain facts in a case. And that is a true statement.[/QUOTE]

Maddy74--- What bothers me is Nick could be lying to LE and knows a lot more, but is'nt talking

Why?

My gut instinct tells me Nick's is silent because he knows there's no DNA of Kelli's in his car. Nick knows there is no crime scene to implicate him. Nick knows LE can't prove he has any of Kelli's belongings, clothes, phone, credit card, cash, etc. Nick knows there are no witnesses either.
So Nick feels pretty secure.

Without any of this "evidence", they have no real iron clad case on Nick.

And if LE did have any of these criteria to the case, Nick would've been taken as a more serious suspect or charged with the crime.

I've been thinking about different scenarios of this crime.

Since I'm leaning towards that if Nick sexually assaulted and killed Kelli, he did this with a friend.

LE has not made it known of any of Kelli's DNA, blood, belongings in her car or on Nick or in his car or tent. If they did, Nick likely would be charged.

The early morning series of cell tower pings coming from Kelli's phone indicated they came from an area way down the road from Froggy's and in the opposite direction of Kelli's apt complex.

I think he drove her in his car to this secluded area, and was followed by his buddy.

They got out of the car to talk. Then sexual advances happened, Kelli was'nt having it, a struggle happened, and they raped & beat her unconscious.

The buddy took Kelli to his home, while Nick drove to Kelli's apartment complext area to text the "got Home Safely" text to maybe himself or someone else.

Nick stops into Froggy's tell the bartender he got Kelli home safely, is going to bed.

Instead, he drives to his buddy's home and they rape her more, then dispose of her body from the buddy's car.

Nick feels secure and is'nt talking makes me believe he feels safe and secure from getting charged. No DNA, no evidence, it's all at the unknown buddy's car, house.

CHILI--- I agree with you, thanks for the information.

Why would Nick turn himself into LE for not registering as a sex offender right after Kelli went missing?

One reason, it makes him look cooperative to LE.

Two, I think because no DNA, no weapons, no crime scene, have turned up on Nick, his car or tent. Why? maybe Nick had a friend who was the ringleader and wanted to rape a possibly intoxicated Kelli, take her to his home, rape her more and dispose of her body. And maybe Nick is waiting for the right time to implicate the accomplice and the "mastermind" of Kelli going missing.
Maybe this accomplice threatened Nick if he talked. but now that Nick turned himself safely in the custody of LE, he feels he has protection.

If LE has said Nick has more information to give, then maybe there's someone else involved and Nick's trying to work out a deal. And LE needs this time to make a strong case of the person Nick's providing them.

IMO, There's still the possibility of a different scenario involving someone else.

[/B]

CHILI--- I agree with your scenario.

I checked the google maps and to get to Kelli's Meadowbrook apartment complex on Water Trails Dr, Nick would've taken a left out of Froggy's and then only need to drive about 1/8 mile to get there.

Instead, IMO Nick took a right down towards I 295, because the cell phone pinged around maybe 1am ( I'm not 100% certain of this ) right behind the NC Dept of Transportation building, which is just off Ramsey St. This area also leads to the woods where Nick was living.

I agree with you, Kelli was distracted texting, did'nt pay close attention to Nick driving another direction. You could be right about Nick wanting to "show Kelli" something.

Bringing the possibility of Nick's friend into this equation is interesting. Maybe one of Nick's friends from Froggy's left with them and followed them.
They then could've assaulted her unconscious, then maybe 45 minutes later, Nick takes KB's cell phone, drives to her apt complex and leaves that last text to validate his alibi.

Meanwhile, the friend's holding KB in his trunk, then they both go to the friend's place and complete the assault/crime. Nick could've stopped into Froggy's to say he's back, he got KB home safely, then tell everyone he's going to bed. Instead, he drives back to the friend's home.

Nick spent 7 years in prison. He could likely have several buddies he spent time with.

Just a few things. 1. You cannot make a left out of Froggy's. You must turn right and make a U-Turn at the 2nd light. (You can make one at the first, but I am no sure if it's legal. It doesn't look legal but there are no signs saying you can't)

2. My time frame is now a bit fuzzy - 7 months later but no one other than Kelli or Nick left or came into Froggy's within 20-30 minutes (maybe longer) after they left.

3. Kelli did not seem drunk. Perhaps a bit buzzed, but she was walking straight and not slurring her words in anyway.

4. Nick was at Froggys the next day, pretty much all day. The bar tender on Saturday informed me he arrived at 11 am. I know he was there from 1 - 4ish in the afternoon as I was there myself.

Just a few things. 1. You cannot make a left out of Froggy's. You must turn right and make a U-Turn at the 2nd light. (You can make one at the first, but I am no sure if it's legal. It doesn't look legal but there are no signs saying you can't)

2. My time frame is now a bit fuzzy - 7 months later but no one other than Kelli or Nick left or came into Froggy's within 20-30 minutes (maybe longer) after they left.

3. Kelli did not seem drunk. Perhaps a bit buzzed, but she was walking straight and not slurring her words in anyway.

4. Nick was at Froggys the next day, pretty much all day. The bar tender on Saturday informed me he arrived at 11 am. I know he was there from 1 - 4ish in the afternoon as I was there myself.

Wondering if someone could have slipped her something in the last drink she had, so while she appeared not so out of it when you saw her, things could rapidly change once in Nick's car.

Speaking of that car, who would want to go in that car - considering he lived in it! Sounds like it would be rather messy/smelly?!

With regard to my saying:
"Also is seems to me that the reason she wanted to be dropped off was not because she actually saw someone, but perhaps she knew from her texting that someone was waiting for her at/in her apt.
Just IMO of course."

And your reply:
Why is Nick's story being treated as the gospel truth? What has Nick done to earn a pass on suspicion? That speculation doesn't match what we know about who she was texting while in the car...it was allegedly her friend Justin in FL.

Police know who she sent texts to and would have records of the data from the various cell providers (Kelli's carrier as well as anyone else she communicated with). Police have stuck with the "Nick knows more" line...they've done everything but say Nick is the guy directly responsible for Kelli's disappearance. Nick remains their main POI even if they aren't publicly calling him that.

The investigators know more than we do, have information that we don't have, and continue to keep NH in their sights. I'm sure it must be for a good reason. And .... yet.... the police are viewed by some as incompetents who have tunnel vision, while Nick is seen as some kind of helpful boyscout who surely is being thrown under the proverbial bus. I don't get that.

Good response to what I had said, and points well taken!
The way Nick described his dropping off Kelli sounded realistic. But of course, sounding realistic and being real are two different things. Add to that, if he had done something to her, then he knows he can't say he dropped he off in front of her apt., since it appears she never made inside. So he needs
to find a way to say he dropped off far enough away from her front door such that someone else could get to her...

I know it was mentioned the texts Kelli was making were to her friend in FL - but could there have been others we have not been told about by LE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc