GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regulars aren't always there every night. There are lots of people I personally haven't seen the few times I have been there since that night. However, that doesn't indicate anything. Everyone who was there that night has been back at least once.

BBM
Except Kelli. :sigh:

So sad.

ETA. Why did that quote so weird? Quoting VOH. Not sure how to fix, sorry. Sigh.

VOH, Do you know if the family got the info on Texas equisearch? They would really be helpful if they could come out for a bit....they have a great track record actually....????

VOH, I know you cannot tell us where her car was that night. But can you tell us where it is now? Have you been past her apt., is it returned to there? Is it gone to where you think they may have it for searching held up in a police shed? I just would like to know if you can say or if you know where her car is now? TIA

I have not driven by her apartment. I do not know where her car is presently. I recall reading that her car was cleared. I would assume it is not in police's custody.

VOH, Do you know if the family got the info on Texas equisearch? They would really be helpful if they could come out for a bit....they have a great track record actually....????

They did get it, but not sure if they have or are going to make contact.

I respectfully disagree!
Circumstancial evidence and they would have charged him with murder then tightened the noose and said they would take the dp off the table if he tells where she is.
I dont think they have any evidence she is dead! because they dont have a crime scene.

JMO

Eileen, your disagreement is accepted and your response is reasonable such that I agree with you. That is certainly a strategy LE would use (ie. Gary Hilton).

Just an update from the area. When I was driving this morning, in the Andrews Common parking lot - across from Froggys - the K-9 search and rescue team was there, so was a equestrian search and rescue, and another unit with about 6 kayaks. They were gathered around a table and looking at a large area map. I couldn't see which area - obviously - but looks like they have some ideas and are going to check it out.

I am glad to know that they still have searchers out looking for her or her cell phone. I pray that she will be found soon.

I have always maintained that Nick's $100,000 bail was very high for FTR, though legally allowable. Most FTR's are bonded at $10,000 or OR for offenders who haven't actively tried to evade registration, and even for those who have tried to evade it, it's rarely higher than $25,000. I've seen one instance of $50,000, but that was only because they suspected the RSO of another crime when they arrested him for FTR.

A $100,000 bond definitely means they want Nick in custody. They know he can't scrape up 10 grand for the 10%, and since Nick doesn't appear to have any other charges or warrants, only one reason to keep him locked up: He is the prime, if not only, suspect in the disappearance, and potential murder, of Kelli.

:seeya: Hello all ...been lurking for ever ... but decided to add my :twocents: here. I'm in Texas so I dont know how NC does magistriation ...which is what we call bond setting. When you are arrested here within 24 hrs you will see the Judge which is the Justice of the Peace here...you are taken into a court room and your read your maranda rights again by the JP. You are told what your charges are against you and the JP ( after reviewing your arrest and your crim. record )will determine what your bail bond amt will be depending on the class of your arrest (Misd or Felony). Now lets say he is a RSO that has FTR...the JP will see this as a flight risk ... and your bond will be higher than normal. 15% to 50% is what Bail Bondsman can charge here and they want that amt UP FRONT to bond you out .......Now lets say you have charges pending investigation ....Texas has 72 hrs before they either have to charge you or drop the pending charge...Then you go before the JP again for bond setting on the pending charge....or its dropped and you bond out on first charge if you can afford to.
If your lawyer feels the first bond is too high ...He/She has to request a bond reduction and that goes before the District court Judge for felony or Misd Judge for a review as to bond reduction reguest. And of course this all takes .....time...... As to the high bond that has been set on this FTR-RSO ...most times the judge will stick to the high amt again because of flight risk.
I hope this helps ...I have stayed a lurker because I'm not good at writing and making myself understood ....and i hate to make myself sound like i'm crazy !!!! :blushing: But this is my job to do the paperwork in the court room with the JP......so alittle experiance here in this area. Thanks for reading!!!!!

BBM

Thanks for the insight. I agree that NH's bond is high for a reason. But I have a question.

Does that mean that the judge has to also believe he is the likely suspect, even though he wasn't named as such? Or would he have had to officially been named one (and it just wasn't made public)? In other words, does LE get to talk to the judge about his link to Kelli's case or evidence that points to him, even if he hasn't been charged?

VOH, wondering what your percentages are at this point - still 75%/25%?
Answer if you will or you can take a pass.

I respectfully disagree!
Circumstancial evidence and they would have charged him with murder then tightened the noose and said they would take the dp off the table if he tells where she is.
I dont think they have any evidence she is dead! because they dont have a crime scene.

JMO

They will not charge him with murder until they have enough evidence to prove it in court. Once they bring charges then by law they only have *advertiser censored* number of days to take it to trial. I know in Florida it is something like 174 days which is one of the reasons they delayed arresting Zimmerman in the Trayvon Martin case. They will not charge him on circumstantial evidence alone. I think they are waiting for forensic evidence, like DNA to come back.

I also do not remember seeing where they ever released the time of either of the last two text messages. Please post a link if anyone has it.

Didnt he say he left her at the entrance to the apt complex?
Not at the entrance to her apt!

Im still not sure he didnt!

JMO

I meant the entrance of her apartment complex. They haven't focused on it because they don't believe she was dropped off there. It's all about the Froggy Bottoms area.

I hate to ask this question, but can someone more local to the Fayetteville area tell me if your pools are open for the season yet down there?
They are not yet where I live.

ETA: I am thinking in terms of, do they need to be/are they being searched?
TIA

They will not charge him with murder until they have enough evidence to prove it in court. Once they bring charges then by law they only have *advertiser censored* number of days to take it to trial. I know in Florida it is something like 174 days which is one of the reasons they delayed arresting Zimmerman in the Trayvon Martin case. They will not charge him on circumstantial evidence alone. I think they are waiting for forensic evidence, like DNA to come back.

I also do not remember seeing where they ever released the time of either of the last two text messages. Please post a link if anyone has it.

It was on one of the first interviews. The chief of Police said it. Does anyone know how to get the old videos back from ABC news when they had one of the first press conference? I believe it was in the same video that he stated MB was an estranged husband. Do you think LE is having them take these videos down?

Ironic that this

http://www.missinglink-nc.com/Poindexters/

is the 3rd site that comes up when you google

froggy bottoms fayetteville nc

(do not use quotes when googling)
just sayin... the missing link....really?... too ironic!

(and I am pretty sure it's okay to link that, it's to Poindexters Saloon, because SC has been arrested. Yes Mods? or...)

Ironic that this

http://www.missinglink-nc.com/Poindexters/

is the 3rd site that comes up when you google

froggy bottoms fayetteville nc

(do not use quotes when googling)
just sayin... the missing link....really?... too ironic!

(and I am pretty sure it's okay to link that, it's to Poindexters Saloon, because SC has been arrested. Yes Mods? or...)
It's funny, but the guy who makes their website's last name is LINK. It's his main website and he makes sites for others.

BBM

Thanks for the insight. I agree that NH's bond is high for a reason. But I have a question.

Does that mean that the judge has to also believe he is the likely suspect, even though he wasn't named as such? Or would he have had to officially been named one (and it just wasn't made public)? In other words, does LE get to talk to the judge about his link to Kelli's case or evidence that points to him, even if he hasn't been charged?

Pending Charges ...oh yes if you are a suspect in a murder investigation ...the judge will read all the report from LE.....as to why they think you maybe involved ...its not made public because its pending more evidence...BUT then once your officially charged it can be made public...The magistration judge just reads the reports...and until he is charges he will remain on HOLD.

If he is a RSO AND DID NOT REGISTER as was reguired ..he will probably be revoked and be sent back to prison on that charge anyway ...so with high bond and the violation for not registering he will be in jail for awhile.Then if they find him to be the one that did anything to Kelli ....yep he is in trouble!!!! hth

I just thought about something, LE must not consider Froggy's to be a crime scene or it wouldn't be open today.

Yeah I wouldn't think it would be. It seems as though they are suspecting the wooded area around Froggy's and not the actual bar itself.

Yeah I wouldn't think it would be. It seems as though they are suspecting the wooded area around Froggy's and not the actual bar itself.

But even the parking lot, the dumpster, the Tiki bar where the muddy boots were found behind the bar. That whole area would be concidered a crime scene. I don't know, something is just off to me about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Child in Time