GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question. Is it normal for LE to not name a suspect or POI until DNA results come back? Let's say in a situation like Kelli's case? Can anyone think of any recently?
This wasn't recently, but in the Chelsea King case, they did exactly what appears to be happening here. Arrested the person they suspected on a charge of not registering as a sex offender to keep him around and, as it turns out, to see if they could get him to confess.

While he was in jail, unbeknownst to the public, deals were made taking the DP off the table in exchange for confessing AND confessing to another murder and telling where that body was (closure for the other girl's family). In this case, Chelsea's family was asked if they would accept taking the DP off the table, and for the sake of the other girls family, they agreed. BTW, while Chelsea's body was found fairly quickly (lousy hiding job in a well traveled park trail area)the missing girl's body might never have been found (still not a great hiding job, but not in an area a lot of people go). Given several hours, a body can end up anywhere.

So yeah, there are cases where they don't name a POI or suspect until they have all their ducks lined up in a row.

Good question Mamamia 54---- What attracted KB to this bar? And when did she start going there?
---Was she interested in someone who went there? Or did she like playing pool, and the other bars didn't have pool tables? Usually a young woman will chose the bar based on place where their friends hang out, or a cute guy goes that they're interested in,... and cheap drinks help. It appears that she was separated, and possibly not wearing a ring. Why didn't she go out with work friends or neighbor, rather than NH? Are most people married at Fort Bragg, so hard to find anyone to go out on Friday night?
I commented about this earlier but I will again.One good thing about the military is their are so many people your own age their is always someone to go out with.Also this was Fri the 14 which is the military's payday so just about everyone was making plans to go out that night.So if she wanted to go out with friends the opportunity would be there.Having said that I know myself by the time my enlistment was almost up I was tired of military bars and people and looked for places to get away from them.It just seams strange that she would already be at that point being she was only in for a year and her husband said they did not go out drinking.

Good question Mamamia 54---- What attracted KB to this bar? And when did she start going there?
---Was she interested in someone who went there? Or did she like playing pool, and the other bars didn't have pool tables? Usually a young woman will chose the bar based on place where their friends hang out, or a cute guy goes that they're interested in,... and cheap drinks help. It appears that she was separated, and possibly not wearing a ring. Why didn't she go out with work friends or neighbor, rather than NH? Are most people married at Fort Bragg, so hard to find anyone to go out on Friday night?

Someone touched on this before and the more I think about it :waitasec: it makes a lot of sense. Kelli's married and her work folks are aware of that. She's having probs in her marriage and doesn't necessarily want her work folks to be aware of that. She's sort of stuck then because those are the peeps she's getting to know and she's only been there four months. Let's say she's p.o.'d at MB, on the brink of no return with him but not sure yet, and she wants to go out and maybe even attract some guys (because she feels she's not getting the right kind of attention from MB) so she goes out to Froggy's where peeps don't know her professionally. Sound plausible?

The Army is a different animal. Until you know someone well, you keep your personal stuff under wraps because having problems doesn't reflect well on your career. It can be kind of lonely that way. Wounded souls walking around with no one to talk to. You're trying to seem 'together' and 'strong' and don't want superiors to think you're 'weak' or 'failing' even in your personal life.

Every police department seems to do it differently. Most departments these days tend to avoid naming anyone as anything because it can cause potential legal issues down the road (cf. Richard Jewel case). The POI term came about after that one case. Some departments will use the POI term. Some won't. Some will use the suspect term when they are closing in on an arrest. Some won't. Haven't seen any particular pattern other than a universal move away from using the "suspect" term when no one has been arrested.

Ummm okay. I wasn't really commenting on MB being a POI or not, but if you need to see it that way go right ahead. I don't see him or NH or anyone suing because of that mistake in that article.

The main point...the important point...is media gets some case details incorrect and this happens all the time from national organizations down to tiny little regional publications. Acceptable? No. Common? Yes. It's why the only true source of real information is a legal document or testimony under oath.

:pillowfight2: We know this about the media - you remind us everyday lol! - and we've been pointing out errors the media makes as we discover them. Also we know we don't have all of the evidence and we speculate alot but, I think, we must hit the truth or close to it sometimes and maybe even bring certain details to light that could shed light on the case.

I found a :soldier: smilie.

I commented about this earlier but I will again.One good thing about the military is their are so many people your own age their is always someone to go out with.Also this was Fri the 14 which is the military's payday so just about everyone was making plans to go out that night.So if she wanted to go out with friends the opportunity would be there.Having said that I know myself by the time my enlistment was almost up I was tired of military bars and people and looked for places to get away from them.It just seams strange that she would already be at that point being she was only in for a year and her husband said they did not go out drinking.

And then here's the flipside to my post - it can be great when you're free and not trying to hide anything or aren't heavily burdened with a personal issue.

And then here's the flipside to my post - it can be great when you're free and not trying to hide anything or aren't heavily burdened with a personal issue.
I think their could be truth to what you are saying.I remember her husband commenting something along the lines that any friends they had their they both knew and were friends with.So its possible her friends at work also knew and were friends with her husband and she did not want it to come out later what she was doing while he was gone.Just wanted to add as I listen to VOH and her husband describe her nightlife its like they are describing two different people.(They only went out for wings and did not drink,a frequent person at FB)

I had a feeling someone would call me out for using 'POI'.
They're both POIs in my mind. I don't think LE has officially named any POIs, have they? We can read between the lines where NH is concerned though. And I've not heard LE use the word 'cleared' regarding anyone. That said, the printed comment could influence the way people think, one way or another about either of them. The people writing these articles should be very careful when quoting somebody - I'm sure they have access to the video. Somebody should check their work before it's published. Here, we can't get away with anything and we're not even getting paid nor do we claim to be reporters!

I was watching something last wk on HLN and they referred to Nick as a POI..however, they commented that he wasn't a "person of interest," but a "person of information"...which I had never heard of before but apparently came from LE..if I could find a video of it, I'd post it but it was one of the morning shows that are on all morning.

VOH said that she probably chose Froggy's because it was near to her place - I know the other ones are too but sometimes if you go to one place and like it there you might just stick with it. No rocket science involved. Possibly she went there for the first time with whoever (the guy she was playing pool with when NH says he met Kelli for the first time) and felt comfortable enough to go back there. Her going there alone is sort of weird imo but then again she didn't go alone because she asked NH to pick her up. (if true)

Alzheimer moment: Do we know who that first guy was? Was it the friend who visited her from Florida?

Justin. Friends since 1996.

I was watching something last wk on HLN and they referred to Nick as a POI..however, they commented that he wasn't a "person of interest," but a "person of information"...which I had never heard of before but apparently came from LE..if I could find a video of it, I'd post it but it was one of the morning shows that are on all morning.
I would not doubt it I saw one article and he was referred to as "person of witness" which was a new one to me.

I think their could be truth to what you are saying.I remember her husband commenting something along the lines that any friends they had their they both knew and were friends with.So its possible her friends at work also knew and were friends with her husband and she did not want it to come out later what she was doing while he was gone.Just wanted to add as I listen to VOH and her husband describe her nightlife its like they are describing two different people.(They only went out for wings and did not drink,a frequent person at FB)

I agree with your thoughts. In my opinion I believe Kelli had turned a
corner in her life and wanted her freedom. Just sayin'. Also I don't
think Mike liked this career, way of life and the move. I think it might
have put a strain on the marriage.

Her first night at the bar might have shown her the fun she could have
being a free spirit possibly making friends on her own instead of
only being with friends both her and hubby knew. KWIM?

Sadly she trusted and chose the wrong person to have fun with if this
is NH's doing. :(

From what I can see there are many Karoke bars around where she lives.

She probably checked out Froggy's first and liked it. Maybe she didn't feel the need to look anywhere else. Not to mention I think she likes the Tattoo type. She's got a big one on her leg and her husband is covered in tattoos. Maybe she's into bikers too? Who knows..?

I think her husband is exactly what Matt said, "a pushover". It sounds like Kelli had some secrets and Mike was pretty much in the dark. I have to say, I understand her going to the bar on a Friday night if her husband is actually living somewhere else. But I am puzzled as to why she didn't go with some girlfriends. Maybe she didn't have many girlfriends in Fort Bragg. She was newer to the area.

I think her husband is exactly what Matt said, "a pushover". It sounds like Kelli had some secrets and Mike was pretty much in the dark. I have to say, I understand her going to the bar on a Friday night if her husband is actually living somewhere else. But I am puzzled as to why she didn't go with some girlfriends. Maybe she didn't have many girlfriends in Fort Bragg. She was newer to the area.

I know there's info out there stating that KB knew NH for only a few wks...but do we know how often they spoke? There's a lot of speculation on the context of their friendship or whatever it was..

Looking back, it's easy to assume that she would never have anything to do with NH bc we all know his background. However, KB didn't...from what's being said/assumed of the marriage, I can't stop wondering what the extent of their friendship/whatever was. By no means do I think they were out on a date that night but with things seeming to be out of sorts with her marriage...and the fact that I can't stop jumping to conclusions that she fancies guys who are a little rough around the edges...I just wonder how many exchanged they'd had over the past few wks since she first met him. I can't remember seeing anything about this on the past posts but it's very possible that I've missed something MOO. Hoping for a better tomorrow for her and those who love her. And praying that LE is building their case- whichever way that may lead.

If she knew NH for a couple of weeks, then that is a 'dangerous' time in their friendship. I try and explain to my 19 yr old DD that 'knowing' someone for a few weeks means that you do not really know them at all. A lot of rapists get away with their crimes by befriending young women, and then gaining their trust. And if a woman agrees to go to her 'new friends' place to hang out with some friends, and she gets there, and they are alone,and she is raped, then it is a he said/she said situation. Especially if she hangs out awhile and seems comfortable.

The same with acquaintances offering drunk women a ride home. You feel safe because you 'know' them. But actually they might have been biding their time for the perfect opportunity.

I have noticed several times that users have mentioned

It was Friday the 14th & Military pay day

Am I crazy or was it Friday 13th? And isn't payday for military the 1st & 15th?
Sorry I just want to make sure I haven't lost my mind!

OK... playing armchair detective.

Why hasn't her "Friend" come out yet? Apparently, they are close since he drove 559 miles or 9 hrs 17 mins (googled it) to see her?
The "Friend" gets the last two text messages... then she goes missing, why text him?
She goes to FB's the first time with the "Friend"... he knows Nick, why not text she is getting a ride home with Nick. Instead "getting a ride home with a "MAN"... too generic in my opinion.
Mike has never been to FBs and said they never went to bars... he also fails to mention that "he knew that her and her "Friend" had been there.
The brother is the only one that has spoke about the "Friend".
I wonder who else may have received that photo. I also wonder if she wore that same pink shirt/black shorts the first time she went to FB's.
Sorry, for rambling.

I have noticed several times that users have mentioned

It was Friday the 14th & Military pay day

Am I crazy or was it Friday 13th? And isn't payday for military the 1st & 15th?
Sorry I just want to make sure I haven't lost my mind!

It was Friday the 13th and maybe she got her checks deposited into a bank account. I have always received my checks earlier since I get them deposited, especially when payday lands on a Sunday.

If she knew NH for a couple of weeks, then that is a 'dangerous' time in their friendship. I try and explain to my 19 yr old DD that 'knowing' someone for a few weeks means that you do not really know them at all. A lot of rapists get away with their crimes by befriending young women, and then gaining their trust. And if a woman agrees to go to her 'new friends' place to hang out with some friends, and she gets there, and they are alone,and she is raped, then it is a he said/she said situation. Especially if she hangs out awhile and seems comfortable.

The same with acquaintances offering drunk women a ride home. You feel safe because you 'know' them. But actually they might have been biding their time for the perfect opportunity.

I couldn't agree more. I just think about how Ive met people and given them my phone number or visa versa and texted back and forth. I can't stand to talk on the phone and I see a common trend amongst my generation echoing the same sentiments. We grew up in an age of instant messaging, email and text messaging. It was always much more convenient to text back and forth than talk on the phone and it was something you could do all through the day. I hardly ever call people unless I'm going out and meeting up with them or picking them up or being picked up. Idk if NH even had txt on his phone bc most have speculated that it was probably prepaid and most prepaid phones I've seen don't offer a lot as far as that goes. I just can't see someone meeting someone a few wks ago, having hardly any contact with said person, and calling them to come give her rides to and from the bar and hang out without knowing if they'd even enjoy themselves around the person. To me, it's just kinda weird MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stlemed19