NC - Raleigh, NC, shots fired at Crabtree Valley Mall

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why haven't these reporters asked about video surveillance?

The temperature has been 93 and muggy, so feels more like 97 at least! In this kind of weather, being outside is the last place you want to be. Even pool water is warm where it has been so hot.

I feel for all these people that have been out in this heat today. It can knock you down alone, besides the overwhelming events of what happened at the mall. The two do not make a good mixture!

Thank goodness there are no serious injuries!

Wonder why they can't find any shell casings?

Crabtree Mall shootings

https://twitter.com/ABC11_WTVD
Live

Red shorts blue shirt mixed race according to Mark Rush on the phone outside of Crabtree Mall, eyewitness account Holding (pistol) at least one hand gun in his hand, as he and his family ran away.

Could not tell height

People evacuated outside of mall

No one allowed back into the mall

No suspect as of yet

Sad :(

Why haven't these reporters asked about video surveillance?

I heard on a live report that there is surveillance video of "every square inch" of the mall. I would assume police are reviewing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a video here that has what could be a gunshot in the background. I've never heard a gun in "real life" so I'm not sure if that's what it could be or not.

http://abc11.com/1468724/

I hear them all of the time because people hunt across the lake. I can't tell the difference between a gunshot, a car backfiring and a firecracker. I know that not all guns sound the same but for me it's hard to tell.

So thankful that people seem well. Could have been a lot worse.

Thankfully no one was hurt but while this was happening I was window shopping for my first concealed carry firearm, in Raleigh.

In the latest update, they are saying there appears to be two bullet holes in the ceiling. Weird that they wouldn't find casings though, right?

Crabtree Valley Mall closed indefinitely after report of shots fired
http://wral.com/15926525

Hmm....really does sound like there must have been some altercation with a gun going off. And if that happened, obviously whoever it was got away. So I hope they have nice, clear video footage to release to the public, if necessary.

Just Checked for any updates on the shooting at the mall. Police still aren't sure if there was a shooting, no casings, No one hurt by gun shot.

A store owner declares he saw a gun when two men in the food court were arguing. Another witness said the shooter was 12-20 feet from he and his family and he described what the guy was wearing.

I am headed to Raleigh today so will see what the locals are saying and cheek back in tonight. Everyone have a good Monday.

I heard on a live report that there is surveillance video of "every square inch" of the mall. I would assume police are reviewing it.

Most people reported food court area I hope they would start there and get some answers

Never knew about casings, so then they would go up to the ceiling and try to pull out the bullets??

If noone hit, I cant imagine if there was even a gun how shots would end up in the ceiling of a mall. Pretty bad shot!

Unless there was a struggle, but I would think that would be reported no?

World has gone nutsola

Most people reported food court area I hope they would start there and get some answers

Never knew about casings, so then they would go up to the ceiling and try to pull out the bullets??

If noone hit, I cant imagine if there was even a gun how shots would end up in the ceiling of a mall. Pretty bad shot!

Unless there was a struggle, but I would think that would be reported no?

World has gone nutsola

And now they are no longer saying that and the police have no idea what the loud noise was. This is some kind of world we live in.

There were no shots fired. Something made a loud noise and because it's a mall with hard floors and no carpeting, sound echoes. Injuries were from people responding to the misinformation, panicking, and racing to the exits.

I also heard today that the same thing occurred at JFK airport yesterday -- no shots were found to have been fired.

August 15, 2015
7:15 PM EDT

CRABTREE MALL SHOPPERS STILL SHAKEN BY CHAOTIC SCENE

Angelique Meguess is still distraught days after a reported shooting at Crabtree Valley Mall.

"I heard four distinctive gun shots," she said.

She was inside Kay Jewelers on Saturday afternoon when the panic set in.

"People just scattered. It was just screaming and babies crying," she said.

Store employees raced to protect customers.

More than a dozen of them huddled together in a back bathroom.

http://abc11.com/1470952/

Still conflicting reports??

jmo :moo:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member