NC NC - Sara Graham, 18, Fairmont, 4 February 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This case has me so worried, especially because of her father and stepmother's professions. There are a lot of people who hold grudges against LE lately.

Any news?

It is never good news I don't think when the car is located without the individual. Jmo.

Hoping for this young lady's safe return.

Doesn't seem like chance, at that hour? I imagine there may be some sec cam and interview information from where she worked if somebody were casing her routine or her Dad's, from other places for that matter, that is if there are any ties at all? New face in town, didn't know too many people or their pasts, hope she's okay and home soon.

From my sleuthing , I have gathered that her mother lives in California, her Father is remarried and lives in Fairmont, up the road from me, very small town, she graduated this past year(2014) from high school in texas, cant figure out who she lived with in Texas, her best friend(girl)
talked to her on the phone the night before at her Fairmont home that she has been living there since 6 months, she seems like a very nice young lady , ie, not into drugs or alcohol.Last ones to see her was parents at Fairmont house. The van belonged to her father (sherrif). I hate what I'm thinking :( NOT GOOD!!
Sara, PLEASE BE SOMEWHERE SAFE!!!
This story is keeping me up, something VERY HINKY!!

As you are local and have done some initial sleuthing, maybe you can expand on my thoughts...

In looking at Sarah's FB, it seems the vast majority of her friends are from Texas. Out of those that are from the area near where she was now living in NC, there are quite a few with the same last names and are related either to each other and/or to her as what looks to be extended family. This would be expected if her family is part of the Lumbee community (off topic, but my great-grandmother was Lumbee but left in the care of a white family in Horry County, SC as a baby).

Now, you would expect those people, out of the one's who show to have been active on FB since her disappearance, to have either changed their profile pics to her Missing poster or have comments posted about it. Not so in every case. Even a couple with posts/pics that may strike some as bizarre.

A couple of other things: most of her friends' and family members' pages are completely private, which is very very unusual for her age group, for the friends at least. And her mother's page, where she has posted to help spread the message, has an extremely odd comment about everything being monitored that she makes when asked details.

Have you heard anything about questioning people locally vs. TX or CA?

Sorry, not completely caught up. The hour strikes me as odd. For her car to end up there when it was seen? Car found near I 95, about 5 to 6 hours after she went missing. It seems like somebody may have wanted time to get far before discovery? Sounds like a nice sweet girl, hard not to get along with, responsible, pleasant and warm. If it were something like homesickness, it may have manifested in all sorts of noticeable ways prior to this but it doesn't seem to have. Thanks for the links, WSers

Search continues for missing teen
By Sarah Willets Feb 06. '15 9:51 am

“She would always be texting her friends. She wasn’t a loner. She was friendly but she would stay out of trouble,” said Jose Armenta, Graham’s great-uncle who lives in California.

Deputies searching new area for missing teenager in Robeson County
By Tanya Brown Posted: 02.07.15 at 10:05 AM

"Thompson said her disappearance is strange because it appears she's vanished without a trace. He added there was nothing suspicious around the scene where her car was found."

Robeson County deputy's teen daughter remains missing, search continues
By WBTW News Staff - Feb 05, 2015 12:41

"Walmart in Pembroke Wednesday morning at 6:30 am, said Robeson County Sheriff Kenneth Sealey.

However, Graham did not show up for work, which she should have by 7 am.

Around 12:15 pm, deputies received a phone call about a suspicious vehicle, Sealey said.""

As you are local and have done some initial sleuthing, maybe you can expand on my thoughts...

In looking at Sarah's FB, it seems the vast majority of her friends are from Texas. Out of those that are from the area near where she was now living in NC, there are quite a few with the same last names and are related either to each other and/or to her as what looks to be extended family. This would be expected if her family is part of the Lumbee community (off topic, but my great-grandmother was Lumbee but left in the care of a white family in Horry County, SC as a baby).

Now, you would expect those people, out of the one's who show to have been active on FB since her disappearance, to have either changed their profile pics to her Missing poster or have comments posted about it. Not so in every case. Even a couple with posts/pics that may strike some as bizarre.

A couple of other things: most of her friends' and family members' pages are completely private, which is very very unusual for her age group, for the friends at least. And her mother's page, where she has posted to help spread the message, has an extremely odd comment about everything being monitored that she makes when asked details.

Have you heard anything about questioning people locally vs. TX or CA?

I find all the (lack) of activity about her missing very odd :( The only one I can figure out that was questioned the most was her "best" friend and even her FB is very "void".She is from Texas and graduated with her.
I find her mothers remark sort of weird, I can see Sara has 1 brother maybe 1 year older and a very young sister in Ca. On her fathers page it looks like ALOT of kids? I don't know, the whole thing makes NO sense.
Also in one article it says the van was found after she made a right, but her way to work she should have made a left.
Depending on exactly where this van was found is strange to me, I live on a road and area almost identical to where the van was found, I don't see who would report a van parked there unless it was the owners of the land ? SO,SO many unanswered questions.

Well that route certainly appears to be one that she could take to Wal Mart, from getting directions on Google map from 4000 block of Centerville Church over to Pembroke Wal Mart. Has it been said any where if that start time is one she usually has had? I am wondering if someone has noticed her driving it prior?

Also, any locals on here know if it is common to see any hitchhiking on some of those roads?
And How early do school buses start their routes?

I find all the (lack) of activity about her missing very odd :( The only one I can figure out that was questioned the most was her "best" friend and even her FB is very "void".She is from Texas and graduated with her.
I find her mothers remark sort of weird, I can see Sara has 1 brother maybe 1 year older and a very young sister in Ca. On her fathers page it looks like ALOT of kids? I don't know, the whole thing makes NO sense.
Also in one article it says the van was found after she made a right, but her way to work she should have made a left.
Depending on exactly where this van was found is strange to me, I live on a road and area almost identical to where the van was found, I don't see who would report a van parked there unless it was the owners of the land ? SO,SO many unanswered questions.

Thank you. Agree on all points. I, too, could not decipher all of the kids on the father's page. And another local "friend" updated the profile pic within the past 24 hours to flipping the camera off. And another, seemingly connected to first, posts a cryptic bible verse.

I also wondered about the van being reported as suspicious so soon. Unless, like you said, it was the property owner, I can't see how a car as described in an area like that would be at all suspicious.

Thank you. Agree on all points. I, too, could not decipher all of the kids on the father's page. And another local "friend" updated the profile pic within the past 24 hours to flipping the camera off. And another, seemingly connected to first, posts a cryptic bible verse.

I also wondered about the van being reported as suspicious so soon. Unless, like you said, it was the property owner, I can't see how a car as described in an area like that would be at all suspicious.

We don't know who reported it, right? I guess it could have been the landowner. This is a small community, no? I wonder if the van was recognizable as belonging to this particular family (Sheriff's family) and that is why a passerby took notice. I also find myself wondering if the driver's side door had been left wide open or if there were any other indication that something was "hinky" with the car being stopped there.

The van may have been reported thinking it was hunters on private land. Down here that's often what a vehicle means in rural isolated areas.

Just a gut feeling but I feel she is nearby on farming land, alive and held against her will. Probably someone had seen her driving to work and planned this out. I too find it odd that the van was reported 5 hours later which makes me feel that it was only reported when another member of the local farm nearby came home and discovered it. I wonder if there are any sex offenders or young sexual deviants in the area. I just feel she is still alive and near where her car was found. Can't explain why. Moo

Eta: there are two sex offenders not far down the rd from where her vehicle was found. One of them is to the west of the location on east McDonald and another further south from where the van was found on south chicken rd. I do not have a good feeling about this. Both men have violations against minors, granted she is 18, she still looks very young.

Also, the one on McDonald, the last name is a common last name in the area and many are linked to Sara's family. Moo

Just a gut feeling but I feel she is nearby on farming land, alive and held against her will. Probably someone had seen her driving to work and planned this out. I too find it odd that the van was reported 5 hours later which makes me feel that it was only reported when another member of the local farm nearby came home and discovered it. I wonder if there are any sex offenders or young sexual deviants in the area. I just feel she is still alive and near where her car was found. Can't explain why. Moo

Eta: there are two sex offenders not far down the rd from where her vehicle was found. One of them is to the west of the location on east McDonald and another further south from where the van was found on south chicken rd. I do not have a good feeling about this. Both men have violations against minors, granted she is 18, she still looks very young.

That sounds hideous. Wouldn't that have been the first two places LE would've checked?

From what I've read here and there she seems to be in a very prayerful and supportive community.
I'm sad to see the interest in the case seems to have already peaked and is dropping off.
I hope I'm wrong. She sounds like a nice kid.

There does seem to be a few cases where the victims are held alive, AH, Joelle Lockwood, Amish girls, Castro's victims...maybe she is being held alive.

Usually LE will check into RSOs right off the bat, but maybe they overlooked something, or maybe if she is being held, the perp(s) isn't registered, like Kibby.

That's a 1 way direction road she was stopped most likely. And most likely from them being in front of her on the road.

I think a lot have seen this tactic before in missing person cases it look like routine stop or service help stop. I read she was police man daughter then she should know self defense very well. I'm pretty certain she does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1