Found Safe NC - Sgt. Carl Seeman, 25, Fort Bragg, 24 Mar 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
Police are investigating after a Fort Bragg soldier was reported missing and his car was found at a Fayetteville Walmart over the weekend.

Fayetteville police say the missing persons report was filed Sunday by another soldier who had last spoken with Seeman on Saturday.

"All we know is they found the truck with his possessions in it," said Seeman's grandfather Jim Maloney speaking from his home in Rochester, NY. "That's the last communications that i know of. His telephone and all that was in it."

Seeman's phone was found inside his car at the Walmart on Gillespie Street.

According to Fort Bragg officials, Seeman is a paratrooper with the 82nd Airborne Division. He has been in the Army since 2011 and with the 82nd Airborne since December of 2015.

Seeman's family is perplexed and fears for his safety.

"He just loved it, he always looked forward to it," Maloney said of his grandson's military service. "This is the part we don't understand - where is he. We just need to know he's safe."

Maloney said Seeman last came home at Christmas. They last spoke to him Thursday, when he said he was gearing up to head to Louisiana with his unit to train this week.

"He's done his part for his country," Maloney said. "And now, I guess we're asking his country for their help to find him."

Fayetteville Police ask anyone who might have information to please contact authorities.

http://abc11.com/fort-bragg-soldier-reported-missing/3265336/
61bcb8b4e1da32258f61799b300544e7.jpg

Carl's facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/carl.seeman

Last public post was on the 22nd.
Coming from a military family it breaks my heart when soldiers go missing. His stuff being in his vehicle is worrying. Fayetteville is beautiful but high crime. Lot's of drug issues. I really hope he is found safe and soon.

I find it very disconcerting that he disappeared right before he was set to go to JRTC. It’s not like he was deploying. I’m very concerned about foul play here vs going AWOL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I am not feeling AWOL either. Walmart has so many cameras, I hope they are going through those. What did he buy, did he even enter the store. Could he have met with someone to sell them something and they met there. The sound of this is concerning. IMO

The truck was not parked in range of a camera, so police were unable to view footage of anyone entering or leaving the truck. Authorities also could not say when the truck first appeared in the lot.

Carl Seeman was a Canon crewmember at Fort Bragg. He operated the "howitzer cannons that support infantry and tank units during combat, and play crucial roles in the Army's success on the battlefield.

https://www.democratandchronicle.co...-missing-fort-bragg-north-carolina/461367002/

Odd case. I hope he's found but come up with any reason he's put his vehicle there and walk away. Wonder whom was the last person to see him and where was it at.

Missing Fort Bragg soldier now considered AWOL but no foul play suspected
http://abc11.com/missing-fort-bragg-soldier-now-considered-awol-/3265336/
FORT BRAGG, N.C. (WTVD) -- A Fort Bragg who went missing over the weekend is now considered AWOL but no foul play is suspected.

[...]

Just in case anyone is wondering this is an Army standard. They have to consider him AWOL unless they have evidence otherwise. As much as I don’t feel that he is AWOL, I hope he is instead of something nefarious having happened. I hope he is found soon. MOO

I just can’t shake this bad feeling about this soldier. His truck was unlocked. He had checked in with his command on Saturday and talked to a fellow soldier that day as well. The very next day he misses accountability and is reported missing by the soldier he spoke to the day before (According to the media etc). What aren’t they telling us?

Is it possible the fellow soldier was a roommate and knew he didn't come home Saturday night ? I have no idea how military housing works.

Is it possible the fellow soldier was a roommate and knew he didn't come home Saturday night ? I have no idea how military housing works.

Yes it’s possible. I just find the wording about the missing persons report very strange. He hadn’t been missing for 24 hours yet when reported, but he (supposedly) did miss a mandatory accountability on Sunday which would have made him subject to UCMJ immediately unless he reported and had a valid reason. This is all just way too hinky IMO. No one leaves their vehicle unlocked in “Fayettenam”.

ETA: just wanted to add it is possible since the unit was getting ready to train that there could have been accountability over the weekend, but usually it’s a phone call or something similar. That could be why the roommate reported him missing.

So, it would seem he had some Saturday night Plans :

"News10NBC spoke with Seeman's family who say he hasn't been seen or heard from since Saturday night when he called to tell his supervisor he would be reporting back to base by Sunday morning. However, he never showed up."

Article also says he lived in the barracks.

http://www.whec.com/news/soldier-from-churchville-declared-awol/4842666/

Thanks for highlighting that part of the article. I suspect foul play. Things just don’t add up. MOO

Having issues opening links...has MSM stated which Wal-Mart his truck was found at? There are 4 Wal-Marts in that area...2 that are very near base. I've frequented those 2 in the past. Both have many businesses around them that should also have cameras, but, if it was found at the one on Ramsey St.(nc 401) there is an area to the left of the building that can be very dark and can be accessed by a small road that would be out of camera range.
Something seems very wrong to me about this case.

Having issues opening links...has MSM stated which Wal-Mart his truck was found at? There are 4 Wal-Marts in that area...2 that are very near base. I've frequented those 2 in the past. Both have many businesses around them that should also have cameras, but, if it was found at the one on Ramsey St.(nc 401) there is an area to the left of the building that can be very dark and can be accessed by a small road that would be out of camera range.
Something seems very wrong to me about this case.

It was the Walmart on Gillespie St.

I agree, something is NOT right.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member