NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, 11/10/09 TRIAL THREAD

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Michael Futch ‏@FO_Futch 1m
The slain 5-year-old's skin appeared to have goosebumps, he told jurors. I keep thinking about that. #ShaniyaDavis

Michael Futch ‏@FO_Futch
SBI agent Chad Royal continues his testimony this morn in Mario McNeill murder trial. He was at scene after #ShaniyaDavis body found.

Yes, TheCheese, those goosebumps bother me, too. Can a body develop goosebumps after death? I would think not, but maybe it is a muscle reaction. I got them, prolly as you did when I read that tweet you got for us. It's an involuntary reaction, so maybe a body could get them after death. Ohhhh, please. I hope that little girl was dead before she was dumped.

I'm gonna check ?somewhere? about the goosebumps...

I guess there is just nothing, not one thing good about the details in this horrid case. And even a guilty/death penalty will not make us forget all this horror.
- - - - - - - - - -

Thanks again for being the Tweet-Master for us, TheCheese -- and you may stand alone, but you are not alone!!

images

ORIAH !!

Thanks for letting us hear from you!!! We've missed ya! Join us when you are able. You are important to this case and to this board.

(((hugs))) to you!

bbm

Ooohh, that just gave me cold chills. Sometimes we just have those feelings -- "felt something was wrong" -- <smh> -- I think it's a very primitive sense we have -- like knowing someone is looking at you -- it's a survival instinct, I think. And he was right.

Was Shaniya already near death when he saw her, or did MAM give her something to make her drowsy, or was she just tired and hurting?

That poor man, how he must have had so many thoughts, and possibly bad dreams, about those moments.

Growing up we were told those 'cold chills', goose bumps and hard shivers were when something touches all the way to your soul. I totally believe it is true. jmo

Growing up we were told those 'cold chills', goose bumps and hard shivers were when something touches all the way to your soul. I totally believe it is true. jmo

Yes, fhc -- right there with you.

I have seen a lot of "bad guys" and ''bad girls," and I have gotten some shivers at the cruelty man can do to man, but this Shaniya thing has given me more goosebumps and cold shivers that all the rest of 'em put together. Unfathomable.

Heyell is too good for those ~people~ who put all this upon that little girl and those who truly loved her and who can't sleep at night.

Michael Futch &#8207;@FO_Futch 45m
Jury coming off heavy day in courtroom after watching 14-minute video from recovery of Child body #ShaniyaDavis

Michael Futch &#8207;@FO_Futch 49m
Last full day of Mario McNeill murder trial today for week. Half day Thursday, no court Friday: juror graduation commitments #ShaniyaDavis

Michael Futch &#8207;@FO_Futch 33s
Judge tells assistant D.A. Rita Cox that her questioning veered too close to possible crime *advertiser censored* for jurors to hear

Michael Futch &#8207;@FO_Futch 1m
Lawyer felt state too close w. questioning that culd involve alleged child *advertiser censored* charges against client. Those not being tried

Michael Futch &#8207;@FO_Futch 37s
Defense lawyer asks for mistrial in Mario McNeill murder trial, but Judge Jim Ammons calls his request too much of a reach #ShaniyaDavis

Nicole Carr &#8207;@NicoleCarrABC11 58s
Mistrial motion DENIED. Judge says his testimony will not hinder case. #ShaniyaDavis #ABC11

Nicole Carr &#8207;@NicoleCarrABC11 1m
State maintains he's relevant because he investigated McNeill's GPS, cell phone #ShaniyaDavis #ABC11

Says by being here, witness qualifications insinuates to jury a crime that defendant isn't charged w occurred #ShaniyaDavis #ABC11

Nicole Carr &#8207;@NicoleCarrABC11 4m
#Breaking: Defense requested a mistrial on basis of state witness, a cyber crimes detective w FPD #ShaniyaDavis #ABC11

ABC11 WTVD &#8207;@ABC11_WTVD 1m
Medical examiner: Shaniya Davis was raped http://bit.ly/15HhOVO

Nicole Carr &#8207;@NicoleCarrABC11 51m
Tough morning in court as the Medical Examiner hits the stand. Some #ShaniyaDavis family members had to excuse themselves #ABC11

Michael Futch &#8207;@FO_Futch 1h
Doctor says #ShaniyaDavis had bruise on left cheek, prominent injury around front and back of vaginal area. Very unsettling testimony.

Michael Futch &#8207;@FO_Futch 1h
Dr. Thomas Clark, former state deputy chief medical examiner, says #ShaniyaDavis likely died from asphyxiation, in court this morning.

FayObserver.com &#8207;@fayobserver 1h
#ShaniyaDavis: Jurors may see Mario McNeill police interview video today (by @FO_Futch): http://bit.ly/YFhIvb

Juror denied it. Neither side made a motion to remove juror. Issue over. #ShaniyaDavis #ABC11

Nicole Carr &#8207;@NicoleCarrABC11 3m
Juror being questioned about talking about the case on cell phone in the hallway during lunch #ShaniyaDavis #ABC11

http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2013/05/08/1255488?sac=fo.home
Testimony: Shaniya Davis died from asphyxiation
North Carolina's former deputy chief medical examiner testified Wednesday that 5-year-old Shaniya Davis likely died from asphyxiation after someone held a hand over her nose and mouth, cutting off her air supply.
During the sometimes unsettling, clinical testimony from Dr. Thomas Clark, prosecutor Robby Hicks asked how long it would take the child to die from asphyxiation?

http://www.wral.com/medical-examiner-shaniya-davis-was-sexually-assaulted-suffocated/12425027/
Medical examiner: Shaniya Davis was sexually assaulted, suffocated
A 5-year-old Fayetteville girl was sexually assaulted before she was killed more than three years ago, a medical examiner testified Wednesday.
Shaniya Davis was found on Nov. 16, 2009, in a kudzu patch off N.C. Highway 87 on the Lee-Harnett county line, six days after her mother reported her missing from their Fayetteville mobile home.

http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2013/05/08/1255488?sac=fo.local
North Carolina's former deputy chief medical examiner testified Wednesday that 5-year-old Shaniya Davis likely died from asphyxiation after someone held a hand over her nose and mouth, cutting off her air supply.
During the sometimes unsettling, clinical testimony from Dr. Thomas Clark, prosecutor Robby Hicks asked how long it would take the child to die from asphyxiation.
"It could take a few minutes," he said.

Case Archive is updated. Each day is labeled and it is last-news-first. So, today's news will be on page 1.

Now that the Arias trial is over, maybe more people will look at the other trials(?) I am archiving this trial and also the Gee-Constant family beaten to death with a tire iron... another hideous and senseless case.

Shaniya: Trial(s) section:
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/crankycrankerson/library/Shaniya%20Davis%20%20-NC-/Trials%20and%20Beyond%20-%20Begins%20April%208%202013#/user/crankycrankerson/library/Shaniya%20Davis%20%20-NC-/Trials%20and%20Beyond%20-%20Begins%20April%208%202013?sort=6&page=1&_suid=1368105643247007623946144192295

Nicole Carr &#8207;@NicoleCarrABC11 35m
Judge tells defense he needs to know by Wed., state's close, whether McNeill will testify #ShaniyaDavis #ABC11

Expand

Nicole Carr Nicole Carr &#8207;@NicoleCarrABC11 36m
Hair examiner with SBI testifies no pubic hair from anyone else detected in combing of #ShaniyaDavis 's body #ABC11

Expand

FayObserver.com FayObserver.com &#8207;@fayobserver 2h
Testimony: #ShaniyaDavis died from asphyxiation http://bit.ly/18wdJD5

Expand

Nicole Carr Nicole Carr &#8207;@NicoleCarrABC11 2h
Tech did offer explan.for cases when he would be unable to match DNA, when too much or too little is present on sample #ShaniyaDavis #ABC11

Expand

Nicole Carr Nicole Carr &#8207;@NicoleCarrABC11 2h
A number of unknown contributors were mentioned, but they'll remain unknown bc only #ShaniyaDavis and McNeill DNA were compared #ABC11

Expand

Paul Woolverton Paul Woolverton &#8207;@FO_Woolverton 2h
Medical examiner says #ShaniyaDavis likely died when air cut off by person holding hand over her mouth & nose http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2013/05/08/1255488?sac=fo.home …

Expand

Michael Futch Michael Futch &#8207;@FO_Futch 2h
Tedious morning in court for jurors as agent Jody West with SBI crime lab continued testimony regarding DNA analysis on items #ShaniyaDavis

from Cross Creek, NC Reply
Retweet

Favorite

More

FayObserver.com FayObserver.com &#8207;@fayobserver 5h
#ShaniyaDavis: DA says state's evidence in Mario McNeill murder trial may last through next Wednesday http://bit.ly/15N8vE5

Expand

http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2013/05/08/1255488?sac=fo.local
During the sometimes unsettling, clinical testimony from Dr. Thomas Clark, prosecutor Robby Hicks asked how long it would take the child to die from asphyxiation.
"It could take a few minutes," he said.

:( sweet, beautiful angel.

I dont know that they need a lot of DNA, fwiw. It was a motel room-there had to be contributors every where. :(

Michael Futch &#8207;@FO_Futch 30m
FBI agent said defendant McNeill admitted he was in hotel room w/ #ShaniyaDavis and he had cocaine. State asked that agent not be named.

Michael Futch &#8207;@FO_Futch 32m
FBI agent says Mario McNeill surprised him during interview w/ investigators when "he said he was waiting to come and kill" #ShaniyaDavis.

Nicole Carr &#8207;@NicoleCarrABC11 54m
Bf all this,FPD officer testified McNeill had knife on him when he was arrested.McNeill got mad,hit table in courtroom #ShaniyaDavis #ABC11

Nicole Carr &#8207;@NicoleCarrABC11 55m
Agent says McNeill then said he took #ShaniyaDavis to dry cleaners at Country Club and 401 and gave her to some unidentified people #ABC11

Nicole Carr &#8207;@NicoleCarrABC11 56m
Says hotel was just "waiting spot" for phone call, he did cocaine #ShaniyaDavis #ABC11

Nicole Carr &#8207;@NicoleCarrABC11 57m
Finally McNeill tells story of receiving text from Brenda Davis, telling him to pick up #ShaniyaDavis from front porch #ShaniyaDavis #ABC11

Nicole Carr &#8207;@NicoleCarrABC11 58m
Agent says he even denied it was him in hotel surveillance. When shown check-in papers he suggested his ID was stolen #ShaniyaDavis #ABC11

Brandon Sherer &#8207;@AssistantToND 1h
#BreakingNews: FBI Agent Testifies Mario McNeill Admitted "Waiting On A Call To Kill" Shaniya Davis.. After Denying Ever Being w/Her #ABC11

Nicole Carr &#8207;@NicoleCarrABC11 1h
This comes after 2 hours of questioning in which FBI says McNeill denied having seen #ShaniyaDavis, leaving city limits. #ABC11

Courtroom pauses, people looking at each other, shocked. #ShaniyaDavis 's aunt says an audible "What?!" #ABC11

FBI agent testifies McNeill out of nowhere during questioning says "I was waiting on the call to kill her." #ShaniyaDavis #ABC11

Bumpity. I dont know that DNA is going to matter a whole lot here.

http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2013/05/10/1255911?sac=fo.local
Kirby: Lessons from trials, local and far away
Still learning about people, places and things, and lately I've learned that:
There's some courthouse speculation that Mario McNeill, the 33-year-old accused of raping and murdering 5-year-old Shaniya Davis in November, 2009, may take the witness stand over the objections of his lawyers Butch Pope and Terry Alford ... but don't count on it.
Some jurors are constantly taking notes from testimony in the McNeill trial, while others just listen.

Now the big question -- Will Antoniette Davis be called to testify?

She could be his most damning witness, but we're talking about a co-conspirator, a P*S mother, a soulless addict, someone facing multiple felony charges in the same case, and prolly a depraved liar. Would the DA make her ~truthful~ testimony worth her while? (I'm sure he wouldn't promise much -- maybe placement in a particular prison, or a certain job in a prison, if she's convicted. And that would be at the warden's pleasure, I'm sure.... )

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rayhartley90
Back