NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, 11/10/09 TRIAL THREAD

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
FayObserver.com FayObserver.com ‏@fayobserver 1m

#ShaniyaDavis: Judge says he'd inquire about long wknd if jury reach a verdict on any count.

FayObserver.com ‏@fayobserver 32s

#ShaniyaDavis: Judge Ammons: I don't want to lose any unanimous verdict over the weekend

FayObserver.com ‏@fayobserver 1m

#ShaniyaDavis: Defense: If you tell them we don't have a verdict today, we will come back tomorrow, it'll add pressure to jury

Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 53s

Jury has asked abt working Fri. Originally scheduled to be off.Judge is nervous abt breaking 4 days mid-deliberations

#ShaniyaDavis: Prosecution: Don't push pressure on them, tell [jurors] we'll see them tomorrow at 9:30 a.m.

Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 48s

Friday still up in the air.
We'll have another update during afternoon break #ShaniyaDavis #ABC11

FayObserver.com ‏@fayobserver 34s

#ShaniyaDavis: Judge: We'll wait for afternoon break to see if we have a verdict, explaining they have "all the time in the world."

#ShaniyaDavis: Judge Ammons nervous about taking 4 days off in the middle of jury deliberations. Not sure if he could take a partial verdict

FayObserver.com ‏@fayobserver 49s

#ShaniyaDavis: Judge to defense and prosecution: "Y'all think about it. Y'all are smarter than me."

FayObserver.com ‏@fayobserver 42s

#ShaniyaDavis: Court at ease again, McNeill being led out of courtroom.

This jury will never be the same. They will never look at the world or a child the same ever again. My heart breaks for them. No wonder they are tired.

Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 1m

I should have added that no matter what, the jury will be reassured they have "all the time in the world." #ShaniyaDavis #ABC11

This jury will never be the same. They will never look at the world or a child the same ever again. My heart breaks for them. No wonder they are tired.

I feel for them as well, but its not nearly as bad as what the sweet baby went thru, so I guess it is what it is, I still wish this had been televised etc, maybe the next Momster would know the outcome, I am amazed at the comments in a few local papers so many convinced that this case IS NOT A human trafficking case, they only think that is when girls are sold in mexico or something, I know the details are painful but her story is so important, I hate to think someones" delicate ears" could stand in the way of getting the message out there! :moo: but you are right Believe, nothing will ever be the same!

http://www.wncn.com/story/22406273/shaniya-davis-jury-asks-for-photos-soil-samples
Shaniya Davis jury asks for photos, soil samples
The jury in the Shaniya Davis murder case asked for more photographs and soil samples Thursday as it continued to deliberate the fate of Mario McNeill.
The jury has also asked for the definition of malice, premeditation, and deliberation as it relates to first-degree murder charges against McNeill. The judge called the jury back into the courtroom and reread the part of his instructions that refer to the 1st degree murder charge.

http://www.digtriad.com/news/local/...ations-Continue-In-Shaniya-Davis-Murder-Trial
Jury Deliberations Continue In Shaniya Davis Murder Trial
Jurors in the trial of a man accused in the rape and murder of a 5-year-old Fayetteville girl have completed their first day of deliberations without reaching a verdict.

FayObserver.com ‏@fayobserver 58s
#ShaniyaDavis: Jurors take another 20 minute break. Judge Ammons cautions them, 'As always, please don't continue deliberations.'

Matt Leclercq ‏@FO_Leclercq 2m
Mario McNeill jury asks to take another break

Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 1m

Judge: We've come too far to take a chance on a 4 day wkend during jury deliberations."
#ShaniyaDavis #ABC11

#ShaniyaDavis: Per the jurors 4-day weekend question, Judge did research on case where a judge took sentencing recommendation and sealed it.

#ShaniyaDavis: Supreme Court found that not proper.

Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 17s

Defense suggesting jurors decide on whether to come back tomorrow or Tuesday if there's no verdict by 5 #ShaniyaDavis

FayObserver.com ‏@fayobserver 53s

#ShaniyaDavis: Judge Ammons: I think the short answer to all this is if they don't have a verdict by 5 p.m., we come back tomorrow.

FayObserver.com ‏@fayobserver 18s

#ShaniyaDavis: DA Billy West says jurors only really had a day to look at charges when you factor in breaks and questions they've asked.

FayObserver.com FayObserver.com ‏@fayobserver 45s

#ShaniyaDavis: Judge Ammons: We've come too far to risk it on a 4-day weekend.

FayObserver.com ‏@fayobserver 30s

#ShaniyaDavis: Defense is worried about jurors having to cancel plans or rushing to judgement tomorrow to get to weekend.

Nicole Carr Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 1m

Defense suggested declaring mistrial on undecided count, if that's the hold up. Onlookers laugh as if "yeah right" #ShaniyaDavis

FayObserver.com ‏@fayobserver 27s

#ShaniyaDavis: Defense suggests if jurors don't have judgement by 5 p.m., ask if they want to come back tomorrow.

FayObserver.com ‏@fayobserver 6m

#ShaniyaDavis: Judge Ammons worried about losing juror over the weekend and "flushing a 7-or-8-week endeavor"

WHY are there not any alternates?! :banghead:
And, why is this so difficult? Just bring them in Friday. End of story.
Quit debating it and just do it.
I'd even give them the choice to work Saturday but that I know that won't happen.

If they dont, they need to come back. Shaniya deserves this.

Fort Bragg NC Patch ‏@FortBraggPatch 59s

The jury has a verdict
in the Mario McNeill trial. They are not in the courtroom yet. #shaniyadavis

Michael Futch ‏@FO_Futch 39s

Appears that verdict may be in. Additional security in courtroom #ShaniyaDavis.

Michael Futch ‏@FO_Futch 1m
Appears that verdict may be in. Additional security in courtroom #ShaniyaDavis.

FayObserver.com ‏@fayobserver 42s

#ShaniyaDavis: All teams present in courtroom. Prosecution, defense, 8 deputies. Silence in the courtroom. Verdict may be in.

Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 23s

#Breaking: We have a verdict. Please standby. #ShaniyaDavis #ABC11

FayObserver.com FayObserver.com ‏@fayobserver 36s

#ShaniyaDavis: Judge Ammons: We have a verdict.

:puke:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleuthchic
Back