NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly :( you are right most of child services do not do good work but they do go and show up.
Carrie would know what you just posted and would have had to say PLEASE be sure you do see her, and I worry about abuse, so kindly look at the child very carefully.
Still no excuse because some case workers are very good,

Yes if DFS/CPS do nothing more than send a letter just documenting they received a complaint, at least caregiver knows they are being watched closely. That doesn't mean it's a preventative, but hopefuly at least a deterrent.

:parrot:

Some questions for anyone who might have some thoughts about or can fill in these details . .

Wouldn't Shaniya have known MAM because of his relationship to Aunt Brenda? Absolutely yes, because her brother did know him;

Does anyone here think that Shaniya had been with MAM or anyone else, waaaaayy before the 15th of November?I think yes, but there is no factual record of it

If there were only 2 bedrooms in the MH, were there 3 kids there too? So what...All he had to do is go for a drive in the car when ever he had an itch...:puke:

Thanks ......
Does the school system call the home when a student is absent there, like in most districts?
They had an appointment about her missing school the day she was reported missing and dead, I only read a post about that, I did not see a link.

I hate that smirk on his face. To me that look says "you aren't going to hang this murder on me...I'm to smart." The mother looks like she is coming down from something.

They are sub human, they are not God creatures they are the devils creatures.
And I hope they never see the light of day.

I don't know how I did this but their picture did not bump. and I don't want to see their despicableness anyway.

I have very mixed feelings with this case- I believe her Father loved her and would not have let her go to live with AD if he knew this would happen. But i do believe he knew the neighborhood,knew about AD's drugs problem(maybe in the past). I believe he failed little Shaniya. I do not know why he decided to change Shaniya's life but he did.

I believe Aunt Carey's words. She had problems with AD. I think she let BL know how she felt. She has stated several times that she had a different relations with Shaniya. I (my personal opinion) think she was told that you are not her MOTHER when she voiced her concerns. I do not believe she was allowed to over rule BL when he had no problems letting Shaniya visit AD. I think she loved Shaniya more than anyone else. She blames her self. After rewatching the video Patty posted she said something to the effect, we have to protect the children. But BL stated he felt that he did not miss any signs, and that we all make decisions and HOPE they turn out ok. I KNOW he was not involved in the death of this darling little girl but can not understand why he does feel to blame for letting her go to live with AD, I could not live with myself if I had made the decisions he made and this happened.

Beating the aunt up is very wrong IMO BL was the one in charge she had no legal standing and being a single mom with 3 children of her own I can almost assure you she did not have the thousands needed to fight the parents .She had no choice but her dad held the cards to his daughters safety.He is the one who just did not care enough about his daughter.I pray that HE sees that little girls smiling face every minute of everyday and while he is sleeping he sees the horror of her last weeks.IMO he is no better then AD.:furious:

As I said, I can appreciate that she felt torn and in the middle. I am simply saying personally I would have had to cross dad... and even risk his wrath (he had already left town) for Shaniya's sake, and at the very least, placed a number of phonecalls to DFS over this period of years she observed AD 'neglecting her children.' That's just me.

I've always believed the word "love" is a verb--an action word--and all "joy and laughter..." while a child may be endangered or being put in harm's way... isn't really "loving" or protecting them. Just my opinion only.

I called CPS on my own sister many times, even spoke to LE. Her MH looked much worse than the photos I seen on this thread. NOTHING was ever done. Sure CPS showed up, and returned once a week to teach parenting skills and house keeping skills. Then it was forgotten until I called again!

She also had drug men staying there, a none working sewer and boarded up broken windows with garbage all over her yard. She collected welfare and foodstamps for herself and her three children.

Her three children lived at my mothers, but when my sis wanted money from my mom and my mom couldn't give it to her, she would take her kids and threaten all kinds of nasty things. There was nothing we could do legally.

Now 2 of those children are in prison and my mother is caring for a great Grandson.

Yes if DFS/CPS do nothing more than send a letter just documenting they received a complaint, at least caregiver knows they are being watched closely. That doesn't mean it's a preventative, but hopefuly at least a deterrent.

But I understood that if you make it sound urgent they SHOW UP PHYSICALLY on location.

But I understood that if you make it sound urgent they SHOW UP PHYSICALLY on location.

Even better... ideally yes. I guess I was just allowing for slackness concerning their promises or services, ie saying even worse case scenario, w a minimal response, reporting could make a difference if there has been a legitimate concern as she has stated.

I called CPS on my own sister many times, even spoke to LE. Her MH looked much worse than the photos I seen on this thread. NOTHING was ever done. Sure CPS showed up, and returned once a week to teach parenting skills and house keeping skills. Then it was forgotten until I called again!

She also had drug men staying there, a none working sewer and boarded up broken windows with garbage all over her yard. She collected welfare and foodstamps for herself and her three children.

Her three children lived at my mothers, but when my sis wanted money from my mom and my mom couldn't give it to her, she would take her kids and threaten all kinds of nasty things. There was nothing we could do legally.

Now 2 of those children are in prison and my mother is caring for a great Grandson.

It is sickening, There was no way for you mom to keep them, even if she threatened to notify them about her drugs?

I spoke with an elderly women one day, she had her grand kids legally because she did not want them with her druggie daughter, she said her daughter is NO good....
So how is it she got them and your Mom could not? I imagine you have to know how to work the system...but that would make me mad because your Mom only wanted to do good, why cant the system do for her what that elderly lady had done?????

Sadly :( you are right most of child services do not do good work but they do go and show up.
Carrie would know what you just posted and would have had to say PLEASE be sure you do see her, and I worry about abuse, so kindly look at the child very carefully.

ALOT of CPS agents take their jobs VERY seriously. Actually, I think more do than don't. But there are limits that even the goods can reach when no one is willing to speak up & children that are willing to tell the truth.

Yes they show up but most just dont give a da#m .We reported her many times nothing was ever done.They never even turned on a light switch to see if eclectic was on and it was not .Kids bathing by a stolen hose late at night in dead of winter.We gave up not on the children but the system.It was so heartbreaking .

It is sickening, There was no way for you mom to keep them, even if she threatened to notify them about her drugs?

I spoke with an elderly women one day, she had her grand kids legally because she did not want them with her druggie daughter, she said her daughter is NO good....
So how is it she got them and your Mom could not? I imagine you have to know how to work the system...but that would make me mad because your Mom only wanted to do good, why cant the system do for her what that elderly lady had done?????
My mom is an enabler but will not admit it, she did not want to fight my sister for custody, she said it was not right.

That is sadly a common story :( But so we do nothing? Don't even try to have it investigated? Every agency is different but surely it couldn't have hurt in Shaniya's case, especially since they had already been alerted and previously investigated--and documented--issues w older child. This isn't a reason to ignore or do nothing IMO.

ALOT of CPS agents take their jobs VERY seriously. Actually, I think more do than don't. But there are limits that even the goods can reach when no one is willing to speak up & children that are willing to tell the truth.

They were told no heat ,running water or electric was on.They did not even try the light switch or try the water which would have easily proved what was going on.If CPS took their job so seriously who do so many children die who moms and dads have been reported.Maybe some do but I have seen it first hand and I know better.

Yes they show up but most just dont give a da#m .We reported her many times nothing was ever done.They never even turned on a light switch to see if eclectic was on and it was not .Kids bathing by a stolen hose late at night in dead of winter.We gave up not on the children but the system.It was so heartbreaking .

You can not lump "most" CPS agents into your county's standards of Social Workers. I would ventrure to say "most" do give a da#m or they wouldn't have gotten a BA or a MA in that field. Your statement isn't a fair assessment. Sorry.

Some questions for anyone who might have some thoughts about or can fill in these details . .

Wouldn't Shaniya have known MAM because of his relationship to Aunt Brenda?

Does anyone here think that Shaniya had been with MAM or anyone else, waaaaayy before the 15th of November?

If there were only 2 bedrooms in the MH, were there 3 kids there too?

Thanks ......
Does the school system call the home when a student is absent there, like in most districts?

Found this in response to your first question. AD is the Davis referred to in this sentence.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6444454

"Neighbors said McNeill was frequently seen with Davis on Mary Street, where Davis lived with her mother before moving to Sleepy Hollow Drive."

That is sadly a common story :( But so we do nothing? Don't even try to have it investigated? Every agency is different but surely it couldn't have hurt in Shaniya's case, especially since they had already been alerted and previously investigated--and documented--issues w older child. This isn't a reason to ignore or do nothing IMO.

Maybe she did report it repeatably,behind her brothers back who knows.If they are like NJ CPS she probably did and they failed the child. But the DAD is the biggest failure of all.HE FAILED HER HE SENT HER BACK WHERE SHE WAS NOT SAFE.Funny thing is I see him on TV and he does not seem to have a care in the world.

They were told no heat ,running water or electric was on.They did not even try the light switch or try the water which would have easily proved what was going on.If CPS took their job so seriously who do so many children die who moms and dads have been reported.Maybe some do but I have seen it first hand and I know better.

Well saying and doing nothing sure didn't turn out well... at least I would have tried... and bottom line is, they already had Shaniya. Safely, in their care, in a safe home where she could still be playing today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member