NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Fayetteville, 10 Nov 2009 - Allegedly sold by mother #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
so maybe ad shows up a year later and says this is your baby you need to take her or im takin you for child support. nremebering his encounter with her and probably not wanting to have another child in the system that he may have to pay child support for he takes her and tries to pass her off to friends, family, fiance until they start getting tired of it and he makes and agreement with ad to finally take her in exchange for a small monetary compensation per month. im just tryin to think this out. i know some of it does not make much sense. idk. all imlo

But according to some past articles, I think from the observer, he was already paying on Shaniya and his two minor kids from his marriage. How do we make that fit? Or does it go in the Typo pile?
http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/18/953110

But according to some past articles, I think from the observer, he was already paying on Shaniya and his two minor kids from his marriage.

hmmmmm thats interesting. who was he payin child support to for shaniya then. thats weird.

IMO the only facts we have at this point is what LE has released.
Not much.

I keep seeing pics of that younger blonde. I see people referring to her as the new girl friend/fiance. Do we have confirmation that is who she is?

Not that I've seen.

In fact, to the contrary are these 2 posts

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4456705&postcount=164"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased NC-Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #16[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4449478"]Found Deceased NC-Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #13 - Page 4 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Both of which say she is someone else.

Early on in the case others stated the same thing and while I'm not sure if pictures were posted; there were pictures posted in this same album which we (me included) thought were someone else in the case, when it actually wasn't.

I am not sure how this got started again, but I want to put this out there because as I recall the mods had to delete some posts for posting pics of people not involved in the case as well as delete names, etc. I for one, do not want to get banned or a TO and hate that the mods will have to clean up threads, once again, for not following the rules.

BTW - most recent post from mod regarding posting things as fact:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4483422&postcount=5"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased NC-Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #24[/ame]

hmmmmm thats interesting. who was he payin child support to for shaniya then. thats weird.
It's another big piece that doesn't fit.
I linked that article on the edit, if you haven't seen it. Just took me a minute to go find it.

Or health insurance...

What's required for her to be listed as a dependent?

He must be her legal guardian, somehow, mustn't he?

I'm still not sure why we doubt his being listed on her birth certificate? Just the name?

IMO - This is exactly the reason no one would call DSS. He doesn't want to be on BC because he's liable for health benefits/supporting this child. If DSS got involved in August, Brad would have been required to take a paternity test and pay back portion of all monies the state paid for Shaniya including medicaid since he couldn't have her on his health insurance. I looked up the NC Family Services paternity procedure. Because AD and Brad had this special relationship, the state could look at that as knowingly trying to defraud the state.

I wasn't talking about the "not going to see her again" call. I mean the call AD allegedly made asking to take her on the 9th.
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I've been trying to work on that.

Thanks for clearing that up for me too nmk, I was thinking you (or others) were referring to call in which aunt alleges AD made "threats."

I'm not sure if that even took place. But I don't personally believe AD ever called BL and asked to be a "mother." Can't give y'all any links (to my brain or my hinky meter) cause I don't know it for a fact that's just what my instincts are telling me. JMO

:parrot:

IMO - This is exactly the reason no one would call DSS. He doesn't want to be on BC because he's liable for health benefits/supporting this child. If DSS got involved in August, Brad would have been required to take a paternity test and pay back portion of all monies the state paid for Shaniya including medicaid since he couldn't have her on his health insurance. I looked up the NC Family Services paternity procedure. Because AD and Brad had this special relationship, the state could look at that as knowingly trying to defraud the state.

But we don't know for a fact if she was receiving Medicaid or food stamps for Shaniya or if Shaniya was on BL's insurance.

okay this is what i was tryin to get at in a roundabout way. thank you. this is what i think was goin on with them.

His latest gf is the one that was on the presser with him!! WOW
She is young!

With the exception of Monster-Mom, BL has been with some pretty ladies! I agree the new gf looks very young, possibly in her early 20s. I wonder how she's feeling right now.

But according to some past articles, I think from the observer, he was already paying on Shaniya and his two minor kids from his marriage. How do we make that fit? Or does it go in the Typo pile?
Assuming the article is correct and he was already paying child support to AD for Shaniya, it makes more sense that he'd allow AD to take care of her. MOO

Assuming the article is correct and he was already paying child support to AD for Shaniya, it makes more sense that he'd allow AD to take care of her. MOO
That's what I have thought. And it renders the whole question of whether he is listed as father anywhere moot. If he's paying or even ordered to pay, she is legally and biologically noted as his child.
MOO.

Paying child support? Was this reported somewhere?

It's another big piece that doesn't fit.
I linked that article on the edit, if you haven't seen it. Just took me a minute to go find it.

If she was receiving public assistance and he was paying shild support, the child support would go to the county, not to her. She might get a little of the money above her assistance.

If she is receiving public assistance, she would have to identify the father. The govt is not going to just let the taxpayer pay. They are going to try to get the father to pay.

If she has been receiving assistance, she has a 5 year limit to receive assistance. Then sanctions start setting in. She would have to get a job or her assistance would be cut off.

that may account for how she may stand by him...I would have ditched him by now....Too many secrets and lies...For my taste. I hope she has parents that can talk sense into her. this man is highly questionable at best.

I would have ditched him, too. He would set my alarm bells ringing. BL's life is messy to say the least, and I would not want to be involved in it. I hope she has family and friends to support her through this ordeal.

Not sure if you missed this (still catching up)...but, he was paying child support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member