NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Fayetteville, 10 Nov 2009 - Allegedly sold by mother #25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Songline, out of all that, I will only choose to say that I don't think he was totally clueless either.
And he should have looked closer. But on the surface, did he see despair or just poor?

How much can be blamed on malice and how much on ignorance?
I did not say malice nor ignorance.
I say NUMB...

I felt the same way but it is not going to bring her back. She never had a chance IMO. I pray she is in a better place. It is all we have.
You are so right Donna it is all there is now.
But when I was reading Human's post about people who live bouncing around because they are homeless it gave me a horrific picture of despair and I am so very very far - I still do not understand how a human being can let a child into such conditions when there are choices? ?????????????????????

I don't know how I could consider not looking at all that.
The more I read the more angry I get.

I did not say malice nor ignorance.
I say NUMB...

I know, I caught that.

But was he numb due to intentional self-numbing so that he could leave her there and not think about the possibilities (malice) or was he numb from repeatedly seeing people like AD raise children with no outwardly obvious bad effects (ignorance)?

Obviously, there was some deadening of the senses there and there likely still are, based on his reactions. I'm just curious as to why.

Yep I know that to be true. My ex's half-sister was a crack head. She actually stole the silver coin out of my then 7 yr olds piggy bank. I was in denial that she could be an addict.. until then. Needless to say those ties were cut real fast. We got a call from ex's mom telling us she was now living in a motel...that was 17 years ago... so that mess enters all lifestyles not just the poor.
UBM
And it would still be considered a life of despair, I too was raised poor and in all honesty we all were at that time where I came from...we all had food rations at one time, BUT my family thrived to be middle class but I still remember.We were not destitute, but we were poor.
we were proud and only took food rations when we had absolutely no choice, my mom used to say "there
is always enough" or "always tomorrow" :),so we did not know any despair but in looking back we were
very, very poor.
What was described did not sound like AD was just poor.

I am always grateful now because I do know the difference.

songline you are so right...It kinda reminds me of a little diddie my mom use to say.. "you can be poor as a church mouse but that doesn't mean you have be to dirty.. you can cash in coke bottles and by soap or go to a public bathroom and wash up for goodness sake." G-d rest her soul..
its kinda the same thing just because because you are poor your morals nee not be... hey we were not well off by any means. As a matter of fact we lived in New Orleans when Hurricane Betsy hit...
(different day and age) but we lost almost everything..but my parents were hard working G-d fearing people and we made it without FEMA I might add. After Betsy is when we moved back to Fl. My mom use to call it LOUSYaina.. we were there because my dad was a Merchant Marine and we got to see more of him when the boat came in there. Sorry OT

I know, I caught that.

But was he numb due to intentional self-numbing so that he could leave her there and not think about the possibilities (malice) or was he numb from repeatedly seeing people like AD raise children with no outwardly obvious bad effects (ignorance)?

Obviously, there was some deadening of the senses there and there likely still are, based on his reactions. I'm just curious as to why.

BBM
Me too. I am curious why too....:( and other times I do not give a chit as to why.
Only that it is certainly mindless, and unconscious. but if he was warned it is also heartless.
I have no window into why he would. I am just sad and mad that he could.

songline you are so right...It kinda reminds me of a little diddie my mom use to say.. "you can be poor as a church mouse but that doesn't mean you have be to dirty.. you can cash in coke bottles and by soap or go to a public bathroom and wash up for goodness sake." G-d rest her soul..
its kinda the same thing just because because you are poor your morals nee not be... hey we were not well off by any means. As a matter of fact we lived in New Orleans when Hurricane Betsy hit...
(different day and age) but we lost almost everything..but my parents were hard working G-d fearing people and we made it without FEMA I might add. After Betsy is when we moved back to Fl. My mom use to call it LOUSYaina.. we were there because my dad was a Merchant Marine and we got to see more of him when the boat came in there. Sorry OT
WOW! God Bless the spirit of those old timers that had a passion for life, and God, good hard work and principles.
Exactly...If AD was just poor as a church mouse, and reliable accountable I am sure no body would be jumping on BL.
But she was not just poor, I just can not get it. I just don't buy what he or sis say. only thing I believe is that they hurt now.

WOW! God Bless the spirit of those old timers that had a passion for life, and God, good hard work and principles.
Exactly...If AD was just poor as a church mouse, and reliable accountable I am sure no body would be jumping on BL.
But she was not just poor, I just can not get it. I just don't buy what he or sis say. only thing I believe is that they hurt now.

Oh don't you know that is true. I am sure of that and full of regret.. To have to awake every day and for a brief second no heart ripping sadness.. but only for a half second maybe. Then all that has taken place floods back.. Aunt C has children to look after and be a mom so she has to buck up ..how sad.

Oddly, I don't think AD was prostituting herself.
Most definitely not in the streetwalking sense, MOO.

I think she was your basic drug addict, selling what she needed to to get drugs, and taking fronts from dealers until payday. When payday stopped coming, someone suggested her daughter as a payment, and she took the opportunity, rather than have to work it off herself.
If she had been prostituting herself, no reason to prostitute Shaniya...
This is based on the personal fact that drugs usually eclipse shame. With that in mind, it seems to me that if AD were hooking, she just would have gone on hooking, and never offered Shaniya at all. There would have been no thoughts of stopping because she didn't like it, those thoughts aren't there for an addict. Addicts want drugs, and once they've sold themselves for it a few times, the thought processes are linked. They like drugs, sex gets them drugs...why stop?

(I work outreach with local prostitutes and I have asked some of them about this case. Each and every one of them is appalled and shocked and really wants a piece of AD.)
(bolding mine)

However, at the time of her arrest, it was reported she's about two months pregnant. Maybe she did need to settle a drug debt after all and could no longer "pay it" herself? MOO

Tomorrow is my birthday..and I just wanted to say thank you all, for the great reading,interesting theories,deep concern,boiling anger,tears and joys that you all express.
It is a pleasure being part of WS and I hope this Thanksgiving was a great one for everyone.
God Bless the little children, they need someone to watch over them,as I fear some parents are not.
God Bless our country,we need someone to watch over our leaders decisions to keep our country safe.
God Bless you and may you have an abundant year.
Happy Birthday to me....

Tomorrow is my birthday..and I just wanted to say thank you all, for the great reading,interesting theories,deep concern,boiling anger,tears and joys that you all express.
It is a pleasure being part of WS and I hope this Thanksgiving was a great one for everyone.
God Bless the little children, they need someone to watch over them,as I fear some parents are not.
God Bless our country,we need someone to watch over our leaders decisions to keep our country safe.
Happy Birthday to me....

:birthday_party::birthday_party::birthday_party:EARLY HAPPY BIRTHDAY NOSTONEUNTURNED:birthday_party::birthday_party::birthday_party:

:balloons: :balloons: :balloons: :balloons: :balloons:

Happy Birthday to me....
Amen! and :birthday:

(bolding mine)

However, at the time of her arrest, it was reported she's about two months pregnant. Maybe she did need to settle a drug debt after all and could no longer "pay it" herself? MOO
ITA and ....
MAMs payment conditions could have also changed, maybe her child was his request. Just saying...
maybe sex with AD was just an old hat to him? who knows???

(bolding mine)

But two months along, and even the doctors will tell you at two months, have all the sex you want.
I don't see how that would matter. At 2 months, you aren't showing yet.

I probably missed your point, and if I did, I'm sorry. Just set me straight if I did miss it.

But two months along, and even the doctors will tell you at two months, have all the sex you want.

I probably missed your point, and if I did, I'm sorry. Just set me straight if I did miss it.

I tend to agree with our poster that said being she was pregnant by a man with HIV means dah...unprotected sex ,,, high risk... no one wanted to touch it with a ten foot pole. So she needed an alternative.

Well, there's the alleged 'baby daddy' CC who may have put a stop to it. Just throwing a few thoughts out there ~ I do think Shaniya was being used for that purpose and it wasn't just something that happened the night she went to the hotel with MM. MOO

I don't think what happened started that night either. I think it started the last time she walked into the trailer, right after Carey dropped her off, and continued up until her murder.

That would be possible. See, told you I probably missed the point the first time.
It seems he gets out of jail in late summer, she gets pregnant, then a couple of months later, Shaniya is being trafficked for prostitution ~ not coincidental, imo. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668