Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6397519/

UPDATED

"WRAL News has confirmed that investigators recovered a blanket that is believed to belong to Shaniya Nicole Davis from a neighbor's garbage can. The neighbor, Andrea Moore, said she doesn't know how the blanket wound up in the bin and said police told her the blanket belonged to the missing girl."

VIDEO

http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/6397725/

Oh no! This is horrible. I just don't think that blanket would end up in the neighbors trash unless the family had something to do with this. So sad!

Wondering where the neighbors trailer is in relation to Shaniyas?
Whats going on here? Could it be another John Couey situation, like with jessica Lunsford?
I lean towards something happening within the family, but I hate to think someone would do something to their own flesh and blood.
I don't think this neighbor is involved at all, or knows anything about Shaniya's disappearance. It looks to me like a staged abduction. LE apparently doesn't believe there is a kidnapper to fear or it's one of the nearby SOs. MOO

The blanket is a very ominous sign. No doubt LE testing for presence of urine (and other body fluids). No good, or innocent, explanation for this at all IMO. :frown:

:parrot:

I don't think this neighbor is involved at all, or knows anything about Shaniya's disappearance. It looks to me like a staged abduction. LE apparently doesn't believe there is a kidnapper to fear or it's one of the nearby SOs. MOO
I agree, Panthera, but I always feel terrible for thinking it is the family, although I have since the first statements by the Police spokeswoman..

I wish they would release the 911 call in this case. I also find it odd that all news reports state that the mother and 7 year old child have been/are being questioned, but what about the boyfriend?

ETA: The police have also stated that the father has been questioned, who we know had to fly into town.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6397519/

UPDATED

"WRAL News has confirmed that investigators recovered a blanket that is believed to belong to Shaniya Nicole Davis from a neighbor's garbage can. The neighbor, Andrea Moore, said she doesn't know how the blanket wound up in the bin and said police told her the blanket belonged to the missing girl."

VIDEO

http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/6397725/

OH nooooo - this literally made me sick.

I noticed the article (can't watch video at work / iphone) didn't mention when the blanket was found...wonder if it was found yesterday, thus the reason for the comments late last evening / night?

eta: noticed same article also said mom's expected to be at police HQ today for questioning again...(paraphrased)...not looking good at all!

I agree, Panthera, but I always feel terrible for thinking it is the family, although I have since the first statements by the Police spokeswoman..
Yes, I know and I hate to think it was family too, but that's the way it looks. MOO

I wish they would release the 911 call in this case. I also find it odd that all news reports state that the mother and 7 year old child have been/are being questioned, but what about the boyfriend?

ETA: The police have also stated that the father has been questioned, who we know had to fly into town.
I noticed that too ~ and am beginning to think the mom & 7 y/o are being questioned about the boyfriend. :waitasec: MOO

All of these cases just make me sick. I have NEVER been able to understand how someone can hurt a child.

I agree about this looking like a staged abduction. Supposing that it WAS a stranger abduction, I just don't see any reason to discard the blanket in the neighbors trash. I can see taking the child wrapped in the blanket for several reasons. Maybe she was asleep and wrapped in it, it would have been easier for someone to take her that way then to leave the blanket. Or perhaps it's someone that has followed these kinds of cases and thought maybe wrapping her in the blanket would block her scent. But I just can't come up with any reason to discard the blanket other than in a staged abduction scenario.

Can anyone else???

depending on the size of the blanket, the perpetrator might have been tripping over it if it was too long..

OH nooooo - this literally made me sick.

I noticed the article (can't watch video at work / iphone) didn't mention when the blanket was found...wonder if it was found yesterday, thus the reason for the comments late last evening / night?

eta: noticed same article also said mom's expected to be at police HQ today for questioning again...(paraphrased)...not looking good at all!

I haven't really seen much mention of him at all in this case. And that stirred my interest in him early on because I've found in my time here at WS that many times, what is NOT being said is more important than what IS being said.

Statistically, a child living in a home with a non-related male is 50 times more likely to be abused. Single mom's have GOT to start protecting their children better, and knowing more about the people they allow around their kids, especially in their own homes.

or the child was carried out of the home wrapped in the blanket (no longer alive) and for some (dumb) reason the blanket was not left with her, but thrown in the neighbor's trash can on the way back to the home...

depending on the size of the blanket, the perpetrator might have been tripping over it if it was too long..

Good point.
Also came up with: To throw off scent dogs. Perhaps they would be lead to the blanket instead of a lighter scent trail???

I agree about this looking like a staged abduction. Supposing that it WAS a stranger abduction, I just don't see any reason to discard the blanket in the neighbors trash. I can see taking the child wrapped in the blanket for several reasons. Maybe she was asleep and wrapped in it, it would have been easier for someone to take her that way then to leave the blanket. Or perhaps it's someone that has followed these kinds of cases and thought maybe wrapping her in the blanket would block her scent. But I just can't come up with any reason to discard the blanket other than in a staged abduction scenario.

Can anyone else???
Even if she had dirtied the blanket during the night, just stick it in the washer. LE wouldn't really question a 5 y/o having an "accident" while sleeping. I am very curious now just what might be on the blanket, and if nothing unusual is found, definitely think it would be for staging. Another thing that doesn't make sense is the clothing she was reported "missing" in. It's a little too cold at night for just a shirt & underwear. MOO

I have a 7 yr old daughter, and if that 7 yr old is on level for their age.....They should have no problem getting the full story out of him/her...Mine has no problem telling everything she knows...That is unless someone has scared the life out of him/her. Hope LE has a good child therapist in there talking to this child. Also would the mom have to give consent for them to talk to the child? If so I think they need to change the laws when a sibling is invovled.

Just wondering did searchers find the blanket or did search dogs? Doesnt make sense to me that search dogs wouldnt have found the blanket if it had been used by her recently. just thinking out loud...

Good point, but it's supposed to be her blanket. I'd think it would be more "child size". MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ty1220