NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, missing from her home 11/10/09 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes NMK--it did seem a little odd--almost like she was trying to say something, without saying it. Does that make sense?

Regarding the trash can use by others-- this was a single woman with an adult daughter who visited now and then, right? I was immediately put in mind of when my family was young and generating a lot of garbage-- my single neighbor allowed us to use his can toward the end of the week...:dance:

Perhaps, with so many people living in that mh, they exceeded their garbage can capacity regularly? Depositing into other cans in the wee hours of the night? What I thought was really strange about the neighbor's admission, was that she wasn't sufficiently alarmed by the can noise at that hour. Went back to sleep without investigating it at all.

Is the home of the neighbor with the trash can in this picture? Just trying to get my bearings...

Trailertrashbin.jpg

Welcome to WS Sourpickle. I am just outside of Winston. Is the weather still bad there? We are expecting rain for the next 24 hrs. Today it was really really hard, drenching rain here. Thanks for your answer, and again, welcome, we love local insight!!

Thanks! Yeah we've pretty much had misting rain and some wind all day. The rain isnt as bad as yesterday at least. I think its suppose to stop by tomorrow, hopefully.

IMO, the septic issue was thrown out there by mom and whoever, to try to excuse the fact that feces were found on the backporch, blanket, etc. Their may not be a septic issue at all.

And why not throw that blanket away in your own trash if there is nothing nefarious to it?

(bbm) There was a sewage issue (backup or something) for real, for which reason the family was now forced to leave.

:parrot:

BBM
I find that odd also. The neighbor also said that the trash was taken away on Monday. I am assuming that the blanket was the only thing in her bin, and possibly Shaniya could have been taken to the landfill (I hate typing that) but it is a possibility. Has anyone verified when the last time she was seen?
After hearing of the trash pick up on Monday I also wonder when the last time she was seen by anyone outside the family. I agree, the blanket may have been an afterthought. MOO

Welcome sourpickle! So awesome to have a local poster here with us!

This is sounding worse by the hour. I sure hope the footage from the security cameras in the MHP will shed some light on what happened to little Shaniya. I do feel that LE has a good handle on this.

I saw earlier today that Mom and the brother were questioned extensively yesterday. Did they say anything about the BF?

Thanks! I dont know how much help I can be other than telling you guys about the area. I am new to web sleuthing and not that good at it so far. I mainly just read the boards to keep up with stuff. I dont think anything new has been said about the boyfriend.

Welcome! :) Thanks for your input about the area, but I had a good idea just looking at the Google maps and video from local media. That said though, do you feel that a stranger abductor would've entered the mobile home park at sunrise and taken Shaniya off the couch without anybody inside noticing? Even though it may be an unsafe area, I feel this happened from within. MOO

No I think it was probably someone in the house also, or at least someone who knew them. I was just saying since that is a rough area with a lot of crime/drugs, the people in the house and around the area probably werent the best people...especially after hearing about DSS involvement.

Regarding the trash can use by others-- this was a single woman with an adult daughter who visited now and then, right? I was immediately put in mind of when my family was young and generating a lot of garbage-- my single neighbor allowed us to use his can toward the end of the week...:dance:

Perhaps, with so many people living in that mh, they exceeded their garbage can capacity regularly? Depositing into other cans in the wee hours of the night? What I thought was really strange about the neighbor's admission, was that she wasn't sufficiently alarmed by the can noise at that hour. Went back to sleep without investigating it at all.
Quiche, I read a page or so back, that she had a knock on the door and she was asked by LE if she saw Shaniya and she said no and went back to sleep then too!!!! Then she was woken up again when they took her trashcan. i guess she could be a heavy sleeper or work 3rd shift, but if Police came to my door at that hour (or any) asking if I had seen the neighbors child, I would pop up like a shot! I wouldnt be able to go back to bed. Maybe they are used to the police being in their neighborhood. FWIW, I dont think this lady plays a role in this, but found that part weird

I just read this, I think my issue is legitimate. Those pics are not of Shaniya, and people should stop posting pictures of kids that have nothing to do with this. What will the triangle do? I dont log on here much, will that flag that person's post or something? TIA

Hi Charla,

The triangle in the top right corner is so you can report a post if you see a problem with it. It will alert 'us' Mods and we can check out the problem and fix what is necessary. This will keep the thread on topic etc. :)

Following along the lines that the trash in Shaniya's house would often be too full, I didn't find her admission strange as much as I found it a huge clue as to who could've put the blanket in there. However that morning there wouldn't be any need for anybody to be "borrowing" if the trash had just been picked up. MOO

I'm finding 5 individuals on whitepages.com with that address. Three are females and two have the same last name. Not sure if any of the three are the mom.

It was said that LE think there is a boyfriend but they didn't seem to know much about him. My heart sank when a boyfriend was mentioned. Seems like it always ends up a tragedy.

Why would her mother have put her on the couch at 5:30? Where was she sleeping before then...in her mom's bed and mom was up until 5:30? I thought that was kind of strange.

BBM
I find that odd also. The neighbor also said that the trash was taken away on Monday. I am assuming that the blanket was the only thing in her bin, and possibly Shaniya could have been taken to the landfill (I hate typing that) but it is a possibility. Has anyone verified when the last time she was seen?
DO you mean by someone other than the mother?

So, now my mind in wondering what the noise of beating on the wall was. What could it have been? At 3:00 am???

I can see how struggling to open and move the trash can, wedged as the neighbor described between trailer and porch, could create quite a clatter against trailer's aluminum siding or w/e. I'd be scared to death but I would need to know! But I guess if she just figured someone was trying to use her trash can, maybe she wasn't worried enough to bother getting up.

ETA Like she said, I'm sure the neighbor does wish w hindsight that she'd investigated... that was presumably the blanket being tossed that she heard. So this could have been just shortly after Shaniya was moved elsewhere. :(

Here in TX you have to be 5 before Sept 1. We also have Pre-k programs here though, and low-income, learning/physically disabled & ESL students qualify. Not judging her families income, but she may have attended a pre-k program even if she just turned 5.

Thats true, I didnt even think of that. We do have a program here called Headstart which is a pre-k for low income or learning disabled I think.

No I think it was probably someone in the house also, or at least someone who knew them. I was just saying since that is a rough area with a lot of crime/drugs, the people in the house and around the area probably werent the best people...especially after hearing about DSS involvement.
And that could be exactly why the manager put up the video cameras to deter possible drug traffic and/or other crimes. She reportedly also said she's tried as much as possible to make it a decent place to live ~ and probably so but it's just not in a good area. :)

It was said that LE think there is a boyfriend but they didn't seem to know much about him. My heart sank when a boyfriend was mentioned. Seems like it always ends up a tragedy.

Why would her mother have put her on the couch at 5:30? Where was she sleeping before then...in her mom's bed and mom was up until 5:30? I thought that was kind of strange.

Maybe she slept with Mom, and got moved to the couch when the boyfriend came over to visit. Could have been 5:30. Could have been 12:30. Nobody seems to know for sure.

As far as the trash I was thinking more along the lines of alot of foot traffic in the area and maybe people chunking bottles or cans, cig packs etc. as they rambled by.

I found the couch statement strange too. But when the feces were mentioned I thought maybe she was in the bed w/ the Mother or a sibling and was sick and had an accident and was moved out to the couch.

I can see how struggling to open and move the trash can, wedged as the neighbor described between trailer and porch, could create quite a clatter against trailer's aluminum siding or w/e. I'd be scared to death but I would need to know! But I guess if she just figured someone was trying to use her trash can, maybe she wasn't worried enough to bother getting up.

ETA Like she said, I'm sure the neighbor does wish w hindsight that she'd investigated... that was presumably the blanket being tossed that she heard. So this could have been just shortly after Shaniya was moved elsewhere. :(

OK help me here..If the trash was picked up, and from the picture we see the can is at the road, why would the can lid be wedged against the trailer? it is at the road isnt it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ezynig101