NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, missing from her home 11/10/09 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It also says Shaniya's mother has been "in and out of the Police Department helping in the investigation and remains in town". That seems to contradict what we heard last night that she was giving different versions of events. MOO

Yes, alternately described as inconsistent, and "cooperative." :confused:

:parrot:

Sorry, but when I see a grown man carrying a little girl into a hotel, it is obvious he is a pedophile to me.

She's 5 years old, she can walk
The way she was being held was quite ackward
--- legs tight together
--- ankles crossed
--- arms crossed/close to chest

The body language alone would be of great concern to me had I happened upon these two.

My apologies for not reading the entire thread, but has LE done a complete rundown of the room rented at the hotel?

All the best, for everyone here, and Shaniya Davis.

Mel

I can think of lots of reasons he would plead not guilty and still admit to taking her

1 - He stole her for someone else

2 - He was the middle man for some odd plot

3 - Everyone pleads not guilty

any other ideas?

4- not guilty says that he's willing to take the charges through the process, possibly with an excuse for his actions (eg: I was on drugs/dropped her off alive somewhere)

5-pleading not guilty for some just puts them in a 'good' holding position while they await the best plea deal from the prosecution

Her father, Bradley Lockhart, was anxious Friday night to hear any news about his missing daughter as he waited in his Fayetteville home with friends and family members. He said his daughter had lived with him for the past three or four years. He let her live with her mother, Antoinette Davis, about three weeks ago because she had found a place to live and had held a job for six months, he said.

"I just wanted her to be a mother," he said. "She was never part of her life."

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/13/951920

In his Fayetteville home? Dad lives in Fayetteville? Was he on vacation and had to fly back when Shaniya went missing?

--- legs tight together
--- ankles crossed

The body language alone would be of great concern to me had I happened upon these two.

My apologies for not reading the entire thread, but has LE done a complete rundown of the room rented at the hotel?

Mel

I'm sorry Mel - I have to disagree. I think she looked very relaxed and trusting of the man who was holding her. Maybe that's just me being optimistic that she is safe, somewhere.

I would be seeking custody too if I were him, who wouldn't! The fay observer article re recently turning over Shaniya to her mother surprises me as it isn't the impression I'd gotten from reports by SH Mgr Davenport... for some reason it sounded like it was a while back she'd realized Shaniya was staying there. Guess she just meant Antoinette and other child.

Her father, Bradley Lockhart, was anxious Friday night to hear any news about his missing daughter as he waited in his Fayetteville home with friends and family members. He said his daughter had lived with him for the past three or four years. He let her live with her mother, Antoinette Davis, about three weeks ago because she had found a place to live and had held a job for six months, he said.

The girl's parents had never married.

Theresa Chance, a Fayetteville police spokeswoman, said Lockhart has been questioned and ruled out as a suspect.
Thanks so much for posting the article and link! It certainly clarifies a lot of questions ~ especially why the mother hasn't pleaded for Shaniya's return. At the same time though, why is the boyfriend so "upset" Shaniya was missing? This would also seem to take the "custody issue" out of the equation if dad had voluntarily let Shaniya live there. Just seeing the filth she was in he could at any time rescinded the deal. MOO :waitasec:

In his Fayetteville home? Dad lives in Fayetteville? Was he on vacation and had to fly back when Shaniya went missing?
I read elsewhere that he works out of State, don't know if it's fact but this was stated prior to the article coming out.

I agree. She looked alright. Her hand on his shoulder.I'm positive she was chilly.It was cold that morning. I'm praying she is safe.

Only 3 weeks with mom?

Poor baby. She looks so beautiful in her photos. They must have been taken while she was with dad.

Now her hair is a mess (no biggie in and of itself), she's living in a crowded trailer with sewage trouble - seems bad.

I wonder if perp told her she was going back to dad?

Now that I know this bit about only living with mom for 3 weeks - it seems less likely to me that she was sold by mom - or traded or anything. If mom did not want her she could have just sent her back to dad.

I think O'Neill did take her for his own twisted reason - whatever that may be.

Thanks so much for posting the article and link! It certainly clarifies a lot of questions ~ especially why the mother hasn't pleaded for Shaniya's return. At the same time though, why is the boyfriend so "upset" Shaniya was missing? This would also seem to take the "custody issue" out of the equation if dad had voluntarily let Shaniya live there. Just seeing the filth she was in he could at any time rescinded the deal. MOO :waitasec:
Many things are confusing and don't jive, guess we will find out eventually??

--- legs tight together
--- ankles crossed

Mel

I'm hoping the hotel room has been processed. So far, I don't have a lot of confidence in that LE group.

Hi the latest news I have read has said that shaniya was only living with her mum the past three weeks and the dad said she hadnt really been part of her life till then....but he let her go live with her as she had had a job for six months...

mcneill handed himself in to police.....also the people who saw coe drive off with a child in a car have recanted their story.....hence the charges against him dropped...

but wow she has only lived with mum for 3 weeks...what was dad thinking!!!!!

By "latest news" do you mean that this if from a news source? Or is it from an online forum, blog comments, local rumor?

The dad must be HORRIFIED that he ever let Shaniya leave their home (in Tx or w/e). No wonder he's beside himself with grief and anguish over that decision. I feel terrible for this father... what a nightmare just knowing what he does about what she faced when she got there, much less wondering what's become of his little girl now. I know w hindsight he wishes he regrets not checking into this a little more...

Only 3 weeks with mom?

Poor baby. She looks so beautiful in her photos. They must have been taken while she was with dad.

Now her hair is a mess (no biggie in and of itself), she's living in a crowded trailer with sewage trouble - seems bad.

I wonder if perp told her she was going back to dad?

Now that I know this bit about only living with mom for 3 weeks - it seems less likely to me that she was sold by mom - or traded or anything. If mom did not want her she could have just sent her back to dad.

I think O'Neill did take her for his own twisted reason - whatever that may be.

Yes I think this explains or accounts for the odd disparity between the photos, in which she seemingly was so well cared for.... and the description of her recent living conditions :( Dad is beating himself up for sure.

Many things are confusing and don't jive, guess we will find out eventually??
I am so totally confused now. I had thought Shaniya had been with her mother all this time. Now, as much as I feel the pain the dad must be going through right now, if he lives in Fayetteville how is it he didn't see that detestable place where Shaniya was going to live with her mother? Why would he allow her to go over there? I can understand what he said about wanting Shaniya to get to know her mother, but not all biological mothers are real mothers. MOO

What is he trying to say here?

"I've been asked that by 13 detectives and everybody, I don't know and I tell you like I told the detectives, I don't think the mother had anything to do with it," he said. "Do I feel there might have been some negligence somewhere, yes I do."

Coe says Antionette Davis, the child's mother, was his girlfriend and he says he wasn't at the mobile home when the child disappeared.

"Every day I was there the little girl was never in the living room," Coe said. "Every night when I slept there the little girl was never in the living room, so all I can say is educated people figure it out."

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7116354

The dad must be HORRIFIED that he ever let Shaniya leave their home (in Tx or w/e). No wonder he's beside himself with grief and anguish over his decision. I feel terrible for this father... what a nightmare just knowing what he does about what she faced when she got there, much less wondering what's become of his little girl now. I know w hindsight he wishes he regrets not checking into this a little more...

Exactly! Horrified and :banghead::banghead: at the same time. MOO

That's a scary piece of information there. If the mother has never been a part of Shaniya's life then that tells me that this mother probably doesn't have a very strong bond with her. IMO might make it easy to make stupid decisions regarding Shaniya's care?

I know (as most moms on here) that I would be tearing up the countryside and any person who got in my way for that matter looking for my child and already have plans in place for exacting "punishment" for those responsible for taking them away from me. I haven't seen too much from this mom...on second thought we have seen nothing from her. And coupled with the statement about her not being in Shaniya's life is disturbing to me.

Who knows what has gone on in the life of this little girl, especially the past three weeks. This also makes me think that possibly more people on the mother's side of the family are involved in this. Whether the mom wants that child or not, maybe other people in her family do or feel that they have been denied Shaniya's presence in the past. Now that the mom had her, they figured it would be a good time to take her away. I get the feeling now that this is a custody battle and we've probably not seen the last of all of the strange twists in this story.

Just find this little one and bring her back to whomever will give her a clean, safe and loving home.

I'm sorry Mel - I have to disagree. I think she looked very relaxed and trusting of the man who was holding her. Maybe that's just me being optimistic that she is safe, somewhere.

To me it looks as if Shaniya has just woke from a deep sleep and is still not fully awake. He could have just scooped her up from the car seat and she awoke as they approached the elevator. I'm thinking that he did not register, he just came in and went straight to the room, a room that had been checked into prior to Shaniya being taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The Dirty