Identified! NC - Skeletal remains found in Robeson County, Feb 2019 - Susan McGirt

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
carbuff said:
I'll map everybody in relation to the remains later tonight, but if somebody gets to it sooner, feel free.

P. S. Are the two Lowerys related?

I don't know if the Lowery's are related. There is not much info on their threads. Nothing to indicate they are related but they could be. It could also be one of the really common surnames in the area. There is a large Native American population in Lumberton and both the missing Lowery's are Native American.

ETA: A bit of history on Lumbee surnames here: Lumbee - Wikipedia
(Under the heading "American Revolution and federal era")

The name Lowery or Lowry in the Lumbee-populated areas is quite common.
Let's hope that the finding of these bodies will spark local interest, more info, and demand for more investigation. It's an embarrassment to local LE of Lumberton and Robeson County, a mysterious thing for citizens who might know something and are not talking, and a great sorrow for those who see no justice for their loved ones who are missing or known to be victims.

According to the report from the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in North Carolina, the autopsy documented a “near-complete, mostly defleshed female skeleton with animal/insect activity and weathering.”

The report indicated McGirt had a history of schizophrenia and remote suicidal ideations.

Both the cause and manner of death was listed as undetermined.

Autopsy: Cause of death undetermined for Robeson County woman who wandered from facility

According to the report from the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in North Carolina, the autopsy documented a “near-complete, mostly defleshed female skeleton with animal/insect activity and weathering.”

The report indicated McGirt had a history of schizophrenia and remote suicidal ideations.

Autopsy: Cause of death undetermined for Robeson County woman who wandered from facility
From the description of the remains given by the ME I think being hit and killed by a train can be ruled out. One would think there would be evidence in the form of broken bones if she was hit and killed by the train.

JMO

Ideations

Who reported those? I mean weird right?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee