GUILTY NC - Teghan Skiba, 4, Smithfield, 19 July 2010 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is there no live feed of this trial?

I believe the judge deemed the evidence beyond brutal/graphic/barbaric and decided to not allow cameras in courtroom. From the tidbits of testimony we gather, I concur with him :(

I believe the judge deemed the evidence beyond brutal/graphic/barbaric and decided to not allow cameras in courtroom. From the tidbits of testimony we gather, I concur with him :(

In addition to that, this was posted earlier in the 1st thread:

Per Kelli O'Hara, reporter for WTVD - Raleigh, NC, tweeted that the Judge will allow a "live" stream for Closing Statements and the jury decision. She indicated that is weeks away though because the trial is expected to last up to 6 weeks.

In addition to that, this was posted earlier in the 1st thread:

Per Kelli O'Hara, reporter for WTVD - Raleigh, NC, tweeted that the Judge will allow a "live" stream for Closing Statements and the jury decision. She indicated that is weeks away though because the trial is expected to last up to 6 weeks.

I know I will be watching! I can't wait for justice to be SERVED! :please:

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=9462363
WTVD - Raleigh, NC -- Updated at 03:31 PM today - 3/11/14

Aunt of slain 4-year-old Teghan Skiba testifies in Smithfield
Bumping!

This has been updated at 6:24 pm today.

There is now a video with the article.

Kelli O'Hara, reporter, stated (video report) that the Medical Examiner may testify tomorrow. Also, Teghan Skiba's mother, Helen Reyes, is expected to testify this week.

I've been reading here along with everyone else and feel all the same emotions...usually just lurk don't post much but I've been thinking about poor Teghan...the shed only really had a blow up mattress no "kitchen" so did Teghan have any food or water in those 10 days? I remember reading a doctor or nurse stated on the stand that she looked "malnourished"(can't remember the exact wording) and she had alcohol in her system....and what did "maw maw" think her grandson was doing for every breakfast, lunch and dinner for Teghan? Everyone obviously knew the shed didn't have a gourmet kitchen!!! Just more suffering!!!

I haven't been on WS much since the Casey Anthony got away with murder but this case is so disgusting I cannot find words. What I can say is that LWOP or DP is too good for this guy. The mother also is guilty if she did indeed witness and allow Teghan to be abused. As for this guy saying he's "bipolar and little things set me off" that's pathetic. If you know you have that kind of problem then you should be responsible enough to stay away from a potentially irritating situation!! But it's all a bunch of baloney. So is the fact he was spanked as a kid. I'm glad the DA did not offer him a deal and decided to put both of these creeps in prison or on a gurney. After the trial they can both be collected and injected!

I've been reading here along with everyone else and feel all the same emotions...usually just lurk don't post much but I've been thinking about poor Teghan...the shed only really had a blow up mattress no "kitchen" so did Teghan have any food or water in those 10 days? I remember reading a doctor or nurse stated on the stand that she looked "malnourished"(can't remember the exact wording) and she had alcohol in her system....and what did "maw maw" think her grandson was doing for every breakfast, lunch and dinner for Teghan? Everyone obviously knew the shed didn't have a gourmet kitchen!!! Just more suffering!!!

I've been wondering, as prolly we all have, Dogmom, if that monster brought her a hamburger or something when he got back "home." And I remember the quote about her looking malnourished...

Also, upon reflection, if the daily (assuming) injuries were that severe, I was hoping that she just lay there on the bed unconscious -- that would have been a gift. I hope so.

One more thang:

:welcome6:

to
:websleuther:Websleuths:websleuther:

:cheer:

Dogmom!!

We're glad you're here

And we welcome your thoughts!

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow ·2 mins

Analyst tested clothing & bedding from shed.Some blood likely DNA match for #TeghanSkiba.Some semen likely DNA match for #JonathanRichardson

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow ·4 mins

Analyst tested long piece of lumber found in shed, blood on it was match for #TeghanSkiba, not #JonathanRichardson.

1. Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 2m
    DNA/ body fluid analyst now under cross examination in #JonathanRichardson trial.
    Expand

2. Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 3m
    Analyst tested long piece of lumber found in shed, blood on it was match for #TeghanSkiba, not #JonathanRichardson.
    Expand

3. Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 9m
    Analyst tested clothing & bedding from shed.Some blood likely DNA match for #TeghanSkiba.Some semen likely DNA match for #JonathanRichardson
    Expand

4. Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 19m
    @Linda_Paris I'll be sure to let you know what #JonathanRichardson's defense says when it's their turn... likely mid-next week.

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 4m

Analyst says DNA can transfer from item to item, particularly where people live together. #JonathanRichardson #TeghanSkiba #HelenReyes

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 7m

DNA analyst also tells def attny they cannot determine when DNA (blood, semen, or skin cells) were left on clothing. #JonathanRichardson

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 9m

DNA analyst did not have known DNA sample for #HelenReyes to compare to what found on evidence in #JonathanRichardson case.

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 12m

Def attny asks DNA analyst if just did presumptive test for blood, not confirmatory.She said just presumptive, then DNA. #JonathanRichardson

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 6m

Analyst says DNA can transfer from item to item, particularly where people live together. #JonathanRichardson #TeghanSkiba #HelenReyes

BIG DEAL

This is what I saw on twitter, assuming source is good:

anne hillebrand ‏@annehillebrand2 3m
Raven Abaroa pleads guilty to wife's stabbing death #JanetAbaroa http://www.wral.com/news/video/13471818 … livestreaming now

Details

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=9463313

I wonder why they allowed voluntary manslaughter when the first trial was 11/1 guilty? He took an Alford plea, he could get out in just a couple years. :banghead:

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=9463313

I wonder why they allowed voluntary manslaughter when the first trial was 11/1 guilty? He took an Alford plea, he could get out in just a couple years. :banghead:

Good defense attys, I'm guessing.

Maybe the District Attorney told his folks to accept it. I don't have a feel for Durham Co. murder cases, nor do I know anything about the D.A. But that whole "house" has had a tuff time within the last 5 years or so. Dunno.

Maybe we'll find out more about it soon. ??

Good defense attys, I'm guessing.

Maybe the District Attorney told his folks to accept it. I don't have a feel for Durham Co. murder cases, nor do I know anything about the D.A. But that whole "house" has had a tuff time within the last 5 years or so. Dunno.

Maybe we'll find out more about it soon. ??

thanks borndem, I'd forgotten this was Durham County. :( :seeya:

Good to see you again, I've missed you. Sorry I'm not too talkative on this case. Most of the time I either feel :tantrum: or :please: But mostly I do follow along. Justice for Teghan.

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 5m

#JonathanRichardson trial back from AM break. DNA analyst done.Attnys now arguing which pics they'll B able 2 show for Med Examiner testimny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654