GUILTY NC - Teghan Skiba, 4, Smithfield, 19 July 2010 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone.

Thanks for posting / transcribing today.

What the hell is this guy? He is most certainly not human.

He is so frighteningly dangerous and evil its unreal. How many more of him are walking amongst us?

I bet the jury will be back in 5 minutes tomorrow. If that.

I predict an after lunch (late afternoon) verdict: 45 min for instructions then a break, then they are sent out and pick a foreperson and start deliberations and of course get over the shock of finally getting to talk about it for the first time (which could also take some time as this has been so horrific) It could even carry over into the next day if they take a lot of breaks. I don't see it lasting longer than that but that is just my :twocents:

OK, I had my break from this thread. Made dinner, relaxed and watched some TV.

Ready to say OMGawd :eek:

That was the most intense thing I ever watched in a courtroom.
Yes, I am not as seasoned as the rest of you probably.
But watching the Pros. close was just...amazing, scary, sad, and just.
The OMG's and the demonstration of the whipping were just horrifying.
The funny thing is, he probably just had to walk up, show pictures of her in the hospital, and walk away without saying a word. I can not imagine that jury having ANY doubt.

And still, I can not grasp the levels the monster went to....I JUST CAN'T.

PS-Yes, there were a few shots of Teghan shown accidently on the monitors for both Pro. and Def. Once of her privates quickly, and for a long time they were showing a headshot of her in hospital bed, then later of her chest. Neither were close up, but I KNEW what they were an had to switch to WADL because I could not stand it.

The ABC feed was the one who was slipping up on that, they moved camera a couple times, and went out of focus once. But I am not going to blame the camera people. I have a feeling they were so focused on Pros. closing that they just weren't quick enough to move the camera.

PPS-I know this is sacrilege to say, but I think that even beat Juans closing for JA.
It was different though, because there is NO doubt in this case. It was just so very emotional and powerful.

jonathan got frustrated at her for picking her scabs and shook her three times and her head hit the door

I'm a bit behind so am back reading. I just have to comment on this.

What kind of reason/excuse is this? This would be like a person saying "I ran the man over with my car because he was making too much noise after I shot him in the face"

Mr. Defense Councilman, do you not realize that anyone with a brain would realize that those scabs she was picking at were there as a result of the defendant's torture? :banghead:

OK, I had my break from this thread. Made dinner, relaxed and watched some TV.

Ready to say OMGawd :eek:

That was the most intense thing I ever watched in a courtroom.
Yes, I am not as seasoned as the rest of you probably.
But watching the Pros. close was just...amazing, scary, sad, and just.
The OMG's and the demonstration of the whipping were just horrifying.
The funny thing is, he probably just had to walk up, show pictures of her in the hospital, and walk away without saying a word. I can not imagine that jury having ANY doubt.

And still, I can not grasp the levels the monster went to....I JUST CAN'T.

PS-Yes, there were a few shots of Teghan shown accidently on the monitors for both Pro. and Def. Once of her privates quickly, and for a long time they were showing a headshot of her in hospital bed, then later of her chest. Neither were close up, but I KNEW what they were an had to switch to WADL because I could not stand it.

The ABC feed was the one who was slipping up on that, they moved camera a couple times, and went out of focus once. But I am not going to blame the camera people. I have a feeling they were so focused on Pros. closing that they just weren't quick enough to move the camera.

PPS-I know this is sacrilege to say, but I think that even beat Juans closing for JA.
It was different though, because there is NO doubt in this case. It was just so very emotional and powerful.

BBM...I just watched the prosecution, skipped 95% of the defense, and I couldn't help but thinking the same thing. All he had to really do is walk up to the jury, crack that whip, show the videos of JR buying the lock immediately after he dropped HR off, and of Teghan standing there with broken arms, terrorized, and go sit back down. State rests.

The attorneys look emotionally and physically exhausted. I kept imagining them sitting on the edges of their beds in the mornings during the trial, trying to muster the strength to get through another day. And that poor court reporter, professionally stoic, but within inches of the demonstrations of torture and the photos of Teghan. I give them all so much credit. It would take gallons of wine to get me through something like that.

I did notice JR display some sort of emotion when they were showing pictures of Teghan's body regarding her sexual injuries. I wonder if it was a brief moment of regret, or just an epiphany that he wasn't going to come out of this alive.

I just wish Teghan's mother was forced to sit through what everyone in that courtroom had to endure. That's the only punishment, IMO, that comes close to fitting her crime.

I am now convinced the only reason he didn't take a plea was so he could subject the jurors, counsel, and bystanders to the horror he wished he could have inflicted longer on that poor baby. When they were describing some of the abuse he was looking down and away, like he was too shy to catch the eye of someone across the room. He was actively trying to hide whatever he was feeling at the time, and I don't think I'm alone in very severely doubting it was anything like guilt or empathy. It's the sickest exhibitionism, the ultimate non-consensual exposure. Like he can't even exist within a system that offers anybody but him any sort of control whatsoever. And he got his wish; it is 100% his doing that's making everyone feel the way they feel now. I'm reminded of trench coat flashers and public masturbators that can't help but grin in their mugshots. The stronger the shock and revulsion, the more they're temporarily able to compensate for whatever it is they're so heavily lacking. Bitter, vindictive beings.

The "picking at scabs" part is just awful. It confirms she was lucid for way, way, way too much of it. When I think of scab picking I imagine a little kid falling over at a park and skinning his knee. I imagine sniffles and sitting on the bathroom sink while Mom tries to soothe, reminding him that things like this happen. The fear and panic a 4 year-old feels after accidentally injuring themselves is usually immediately met with a parent or guardian rushing to their side. I think even at that age, they realize the skinned knee won't feel that way forever. But to get "injured" (too light of a word) again, and again, and again, with absolutely nobody coming to the rescue?

I feel so bad for that defense attorney, but I never want to hear anything about broken homes or hitmen ever again.

Thank you for transcribing today, Nurse.

fractures 4-7 days old with no calcification.. restrained to extent that he broke her arms

The pain she had to endure is just unimaginable. No one could hear her scream because her mouth was duct taped. Just awful awful awful..

Thank you to those who posted updates today. It's really helpful and I can't thank you enough.

I missed live coverage today, but found videos of it on this site:

http://www.wral.com/

They have the coverage in 5 parts.

The camera showed the defendant throughout a large portion of Prosecution's Closing. Part 4 video at 40:07, the defendant looks directly into the camera for about 7 seconds and it's very eerie and creepy.

Someone had asked earlier about the monster's defense attorneys -- here is what little I know & found out: 1st Chair Defender is Jonathan Broun and he is with the NC Capital Defender's Office in Durham County. 2nd Chair is Mike Klinkosum, who joined the Wake County Public Defender's Office in 2007. In 2010, he went into he private practice. I don't know how he wound up in this case, but he was a defense atty in several murder cases in Wake County. I don't know how he came to be a defender in this case.

HTH a little bit.

Hi Everyone.

Thanks for posting / transcribing today.

What the hell is this guy? He is most certainly not human.

He is so frighteningly dangerous and evil its unreal. How many more of him are walking amongst us?

I bet the jury will be back in 5 minutes tomorrow. If that.

I'm thinking it'll take 'em longer to elect a foreperson than to come to verdict.

One & done.

Wham-bam-to-the-slam! :jail:

icon10.gif

the sound of that whip smacking. can't get it out of my head.

Very very powerful moment. Made me instantly sick to my stomach. I won't forget that sound either. I think what happened to her is far worse than any of us can imagine.

I'm thinking it'll take 'em longer to elect a foreperson than to come to verdict.

One & done.

Wham-bam-to-the-slam! :jail:

icon10.gif

I imagine them all being very somber and have a general consensus of "we have to do this for Teghan. Who wants to be foreman..you? ok great let's vote for the foreman. foreman elected, now let's do an initial vote: 12 guilty on all counts. great. fill out forms then and then sit and talk to each other for two hours and try to process what kind of hell on earth they witnessed the past month. Then take a re-vote, foreman signs the forms and they ring the buzzer/call the bailiff and go out to the courtroom to hear their verdict called.

Originally Posted by nursebeeme
fractures 4-7 days old with no calcification.. restrained to extent that he broke her arms
When I was in 7th grade, I fractured my shoulder. My parents took me to the hospital immediately, and the doc pronounced it fractured & said he would put me to sleep to set it the first thing the next morning since I had already eaten that day. I was in constant pain when I moved, walked, etc., etc. They gave me some mild pain-killers to help me out & help me sleep. I'm much older than that now and I still remember how much it hurt -- all the time until it was set & casted. Then all was well.

My point here is -- just the constant pain of having TWO arms broken -- both of them -- she would be unable to do anything for herself -- drink a glass of water, help herself do anything -- and the discomfort would probably be unbearable & constant for that poor little angel. Just from the inury to her little arms alone would be constant misery & no one, NO ONE to make her feel better or to fix it. All that in addition to whatever else was "broken" -- her bite marks, raw -- how could she sit or lie down without pain -- her genital/anal area -- oh my stars.

This man needs to undergo just even a little bit of this misery before he gets easily put down for that big sleep. I want his pain to be more than a needle in his left arm. I do.

there goes gram.

Seems that gram is pretty good at walking away from something that she doesn't like... Her granddaughter didn't have that choice. And she could have possibly saved that child's life while Teghan was still Teghan. Grrrrr.

Sexual sadism...

I don't know what to say...I don't have the words...
All I can do is feel...and my heart hurts so much for her...
She had no one, no one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member