NC - Two Duke Lacrosse Players Indicted

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IdahoMom said:
Great post. I think the accuser should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. An example needs to be made of her.

What about the baby? I understand that she's recently had a baby and is expected to have tests taken.

Jeana (DP) said:
I agree Nova, but I can tell you that it will adversely affect the university as well. Its off the table as far as my son is concerned and that's too bad. He had been considering it.

I can't say I blame him, though he could probably go to Duke for four years and have no contact with the principals of this case.

In a sense, the university is also a victim of this accuser and prosecutor (but of course not to the degree of the defendants).

Nova said:
I can't say I blame him, though he could probably go to Duke for four years and have no contact with the principals of this case.

In a sense, the university is also a victim of this accuser and prosecutor (but of course not to the degree of the defendants).

That's true, but I'd rather not even have him in the vicinity, much less pay out the nose for the 'pleasure' of it. LOL

Jeana (DP) said:
That's true, but I'd rather not even have him in the vicinity, much less pay out the nose for the 'pleasure' of it. LOL

I'll be happy to recommend my alma maters, Columbia and UCLA, instead. No racial or political controversies in New York or Los Angeles. ;)

Nova said:
I'll be happy to recommend my alma maters, Columbia and UCLA, instead. No racial or political controversies in New York or Los Angeles. ;)

Me raise a lib??? SURELY you're joking!!!! :doh: :doh: :doh:

Unfortunately, the persecuting attorney cannot be sued, nor do they ever get sent to prison for this sort of unethical and immoral conduct.

A case such as this is a clear reason why these things must be changed.
Nifool is truly a criminal and did engage in criminal action.

While the accuser may very well be prosecuted, her partner in crime, nifool may or may not be disbarred however, I very much doubt whether he will be sent to prison.
that is a travesty as, it just sends yet another message to his kind that they can ruin the lives of others for their own personal gain.

We seem to have no rights or protection from this sort of evilness in the name of the law other than AFTER it has cost us in many ways.

Jeana (DP) said:
Me raise a lib??? SURELY you're joking!!!! :doh: :doh: :doh:

I no longer teach at the latter. Your kid will be safe.

RUNDAWAY said:
I read the exchange between Mrs Dowd and the Holloway woman.
What an intelligent, insightful and patient letter Mrs Dowd wrote.
What a hateful and nasty response by the Holloway woman.

I agree, thanks for pointing that article out. Boo

http://www.comcast.net/sports/index.jsp?cat=SPORTS&fn=/2007/01/12/561357.html&cvqh=itn_duke

RALEIGH, N.C. - Facing ethics charges that could lead to his disbarment, the embattled district attorney in the Duke lacrosse sexual assault case asked the state attorney general Friday to appoint a special prosecutor to take over the case...

...Nifong's attorney insisted the veteran prosecutor was not running from a weak case and said Nifong was disappointed he would not be able to take the matter to trial.

"He feels, as a result of the accusations against him, that he would be a distraction, and he wants to make sure the accuser receives a fair trial," attorney David Freedman told The Associated Press. "He still believes in the case. He just believes his continued presence would hurt her."

Nifong met with the accuser this week to tell her of his decision, Freedman said...

...Last month, the North Carolina State Bar charged Nifong with violating four rules of professional conduct for making misleading and inflammatory comments about the athletes under suspicion. The ethics charges carry penalties ranging from admonishment to removal from the bar...

...Once the ethics charges were filed, Nifong "had a conflict of interest with respect with the case," said Ron Sullivan, a criminal law professor at Yale University. "It's probably safe to say that Nifong felt that he couldn't be completely objective."

Legal experts and observers have railed against Nifong in recent weeks, calling his case pitfully weak and casting doubt on his chance of winning. Even longtime colleagues have questioned his judgment and integrity.

"I think we're all delighted that we're going to have objective and competent prosecutors reviewing this case," said James P. Cooney III, an attorney for Seligmann. "We look forward to cooperating with those prosecutors fully and completely in bringing this prosecution to an end."

Wade Smith, an attorney for Finnerty, was also pleased and pledged to meet with any new prosecutors. "We will assist them in every way we can," he said.

From the case's earliest days, Nifong has led the investigation into allegations that a 28-year-old student at North Carolina Central University was gang-raped and beaten at a March 13 party thrown by Duke's highly ranked lacrosse team. The accuser had been hired as a stripper for the party.

Experts have said it appears Nifong's case is based only on the testimony of the accuser, who has told wildly different versions of the alleged assault. Her shifting account of that night led him to drop rape charges on Dec. 22.

The three players remain charged with sexual offense and kidnapping.

more at link

RUNDAWAY said:
I read the exchange between Mrs Dowd and the Holloway woman.
What an intelligent, insightful and patient letter Mrs Dowd wrote.
What a hateful and nasty response by the Holloway woman.
Thanks to Calus for pointing it out to us. Read it. Holloway, as a supposedly intellegent professor couldn't come up with anything better than a quick, nasty response? Disgusting.

Nifong needs to bow out and get lost somewhere. He's beaten the dead horse beyond any conceivable limit. With all the recent revelalations, if he doesn't drop all charges, he will definitely be disbarred. How many more times can she change her story and he change the timelines, etc. to fit what he wants to believe. It's time for Jesse Jackson and his ilk to step up and admit their "rush to judgement" in this case was ill-timed and wrong. Maybe that's what it will take to halt this travesty of justice.

Since Nifrog was removed from the case, new prosecutors were coming into the case and looking over the evidence. It appears that the *advertiser censored* and her halftime helper and halftime detractor (the other dancer) are refusing to answer questions from the new prosecution team about the rape. The second dancer would only answer questions under a subpoena. Funny, Nifrog files the case having never talked to the supposed victim and once he is removed and she gets taken to task over her inconsistencies which were evident to everyone from the beginning, she clams up.

Drudge is splashing that a report indicates that the entire case may be dropped in the coming couple of days.

Yeehaw and let the personal suits against this *advertiser censored* and Nifrog start hitting the dockets.

Cal

And again I ask, where are the apologies from the leaders of the black community that were protesting on these boys in front of the house? Where are the apologies from the people who posted nasty signs on and in front of their house?

The saying "innocent until proven guilty" is truly a sham in this nation. It's the other way around.

I wouldn't hold my breath!

Justice isn't what Jackson and Sharpton are seeking....

Cal

.....The saying "innocent until proven guilty" is truly a sham in this nation. It's the other way around.

That's the truth is the court of public opinion. I constantly read threads here where people have a person convicted and executed after reading one newspaper article.

However, guilty until proven innocent works better in a real courtroom because it means every piece of evidence in a case against a person has to be slowly built until it shows overwhelmingly that they are guilty.

Since Nifrog was removed from the case, new prosecutors were coming into the case and looking over the evidence. It appears that the *advertiser censored* and her halftime helper and halftime detractor (the other dancer) are refusing to answer questions from the new prosecution team about the rape. The second dancer would only answer questions under a subpoena. Funny, Nifrog files the case having never talked to the supposed victim and once he is removed and she gets taken to task over her inconsistencies which were evident to everyone from the beginning, she clams up.

Drudge is splashing that a report indicates that the entire case may be dropped in the coming couple of days.

Yeehaw and let the personal suits against this *advertiser censored* and Nifrog start hitting the dockets.

Cal

YES! Fox News is reporting the entire case against the players will be dropped soon. Looks like Nifong will be facing trail instead. YES!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,260426,00.html

I never understood why Nifong was so quick to charge the boys and why he was so stubborn when it was obvious that he didn't have a case. He just couldn't say he was wrong and he would never have had to admit that if he had taken his time and checked out the entire story. What a dufus...a dufus that ruined some lives and inflamed the entire community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boomirrin