NC - Two Duke Lacrosse Players Indicted

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW!! That was an awesome press conference. AG Cooper really stuck it to Nifong. Called him a 'rogue prosecutor' and said the boys were 'innocent' and deserved apologies.
Just WOW!

Good day for justice. All charges dismissed due to lack of evidence.

WOW!! That was an awesome press conference. AG Cooper really stuck it to Nifong. Called him a 'rogue prosecutor' and said the boys were 'innocent' and deserved apologies.
Just WOW!

Good day for justice. All charges dismissed due to lack of evidence.

That's one of the most strongly worded and stated statements that I have ever heard. That was brutally honest about one of their own and they even called for the State Supreme Court oversight of Prosecutors going forward. Seems like plaintiff exhibit one in the lawsuit against the State of North Carolina if I was a lawyer for the Duke students. These kids are going to be successful suing everyone invovled, Duke, the State of NC, the accuser, Nifrog, hell I'd sue Jesse Jackson personally for his statements as slander/libel.

I hope these kids end up with a ton of cash out of this.

I also want to see those professors from Duke apologize in the Duke paper to these boys.

I'm still peeved.

Cal

Rest assured there will be very few apologies, especially from Jesse Jackson, and the media certainly won't call him out. I hope I am wrong, but I just don't see it happening. Those that jumped the gun are going to pretend it never happened.

Rest assured there will be very few apologies, especially from Jesse Jackson, and the media certainly won't call him out. I hope I am wrong, but I just don't see it happening. Those that jumped the gun are going to pretend it never happened.
You're right. Rich, white kids don't need apologies. It's okay for anyone to say and do anything they want to them. After all, their parents have the money to pay for lawyers, new schools or whatever. Why should anyone care about these young men? After all, they will be okay in the end... :rolleyes:

Jesse Jackson's statement right before the announcement:

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8OEJGUO0&show_article=1

"We just hope this traumatic experience for all involved ends with the minimum amount of damage," the Rev. Jesse Jackson said shortly before Cooper's announcement Wednesday. Jackson's Chicago-based Rainbow/Push Coalition had offered to help the accuser pay for college but wasn't able to contact her."

First, I bet they tried really really hard to contact her.

Second, IMHO James Earl Ray shot the WRONG MAN. What a scum bag this man has turned out to be....starting from the moment that King was assassinated when he started lying right then and there. He has no redeeming value except as an extortionist.....

Cal

Let's not forget that these "men" who were NCAA elite athletes got into this mess because they threw a huge drinking party, complete with strippers and peeing in the yard, during the athletic season.

Had they been following the University and NCAA rules, they wouldn't have gotten in trouble.

Yes, the charges were improper and Nifong blew it. But these kids were out of line, too. They should not have faced criminal prosecution, but the sanctions from the school for the party itself were appropriate.

I am very happy for these boys. I never believed they raped her. There life has been turned upside down by a false accusation. I think she should be charged with falsely reporting a crime, or whatever you call it. Disgusting. The Nifong should be ashamed of himself.

...I think she should be charged with falsely reporting a crime...
The AG (I guess that it was the Attorney General) said that charges would not be brought against the accuser because as far as it could be determined 'she believed what she was saying.' I had to roll my eyes at this reasoning and shout, "Bullsh!t!" at the television...

The AG (I guess that it was the Attorney General) said that charges would not be brought against the accuser because as far as it could be determined 'she believed what she was saying.' I had to roll my eyes at this reasoning and shout, "Bullsh!t!" at the television...

And can you imagine what would have happened had the accuser been white and the supposed-attackers been black? We'd have never heard the end of it from Jesse Jackson and Sharpton. Does anyone think these two will come forward and say anything about the false accusations? No, they won't.

And in the mean time, these boys lives have practically been ruined.

She should be charged and that's that. But it won't happen.

ETA: I'm interested to see if Jesse Jackson will issue an apology to the young men. He sure was quick to come to the aid of the accuser, even paying for her college tuition. If he's not too busy lambasting Imus, perhaps, he can jump on a plane to North Carolina and hold a press conference. I'll hold my breath...

Please don't hold your breath. I'd miss you when you were dead. :angel:

Let's not forget that these "men" who were NCAA elite athletes got into this mess because they threw a huge drinking party, complete with strippers and peeing in the yard, during the athletic season.

Had they been following the University and NCAA rules, they wouldn't have gotten in trouble.

Yes, the charges were improper and Nifong blew it. But these kids were out of line, too. They should not have faced criminal prosecution, but the sanctions from the school for the party itself were appropriate.

Yeah, college guys who throw keggers and act like idiots always deserve to be falsely accused of rape, have their faces plastered all over the national press, their sports careers ended, kicked out of school, and pay a fortune in legal fees. Happens all the time. They got what they deserved. :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

If you find it inappropriate and out of line for college kids to be drinking and throwing a party, then you must lead a very sheltered life.
What does that have to do with being falsely accused of rape?

That was more or less my reaction, as well. :mad:

And can you imagine what would have happened had the accuser been white and the supposed-attackers been black? We'd have never heard the end of it from Jesse Jackson and Sharpton. Does anyone think these two will come forward and say anything about the false accusations? No, they won't.

And in the mean time, these boys lives have practically been ruined.

She should be charged and that's that. But it won't happen.
I can say that I believe that if it had been a white accuser (against black perpetrators), she would have been charged with a crime. We also would have seen, at the very least, protests organized by the NAACP with Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton speaking and marching with the crowd.

I can say that I believe that if it had been a white accuser (against black perpetrators), she would have been charged with a crime. We also would have seen, at the very least, protests organized by the NAACP with Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton speaking and marching with the crowd.

They would have been having a field day with this. But you'll never see those two come out and admit that this gal screwed up. Bill Cosby might come forward, but not Jackson and Sharpton.

And I really do believe that had the accuser been white, she'd be in jail...at this point.

It's really criminal what Nifong did...he used all parties for his own political gain. He's the one who really should be behind bars.

They would have been having a field day with this. But you'll never see those two come out and admit that this gal screwed up. Bill Cosby might come forward, but not Jackson and Sharpton.

And I really do believe that had the accuser been white, she'd be in jail...at this point.

It's really criminal what Nifong did...he used all parties for his own political gain. He's the one who really should be behind bars.

Bill Cosby has no business making any comments about a rape case considering his own legal problems.

If you find it inappropriate and out of line for college kids to be drinking and throwing a party, then you must lead a very sheltered life.
What does that have to do with being falsely accused of rape?

It is against the NCAA rules for scholarship athletes to engage in this type of behavior. If kids are going to get admitted to elite colleges based on their promise to obey those rules, they should keep the bargain. If it is discovered that they didn't keep their end of the deal, they should be punished.

I didn't say it had anything to do with the rape accusation, except that the rules for NCAA athletes are intended to avoid the type of behavior they DID engage in. Had they not thumbed their noses at their NCAA contracts, they wouldn't have been in the line of fire.

I feel that the whole college athletic scholarship program is a bunch of bull anyway.

When Tawana Brawley accused 6 white police officers here in New York of raping her that was my first taste of the Rev. Al. There were marches and protests calling for these cops heads. Well, it turns out she made it up. The good Rev never said a word about it that I remember.

Read up on it here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tawana_Brawley

When Tawana Brawley accused 6 white police officers here in New York of raping her that was my first taste of the Rev. Al. There were marches and protests calling for these cops heads. Well, it turns out she made it up. The good Rev never said a word about it that I remember.

Read up on it here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tawana_Brawley

Don't forget about the accusation that ambulance drivers didn't stop to help an injured black man that, I think, got some people killed.

He's a disgrace also and has been made a figurehead by spineless white people who are so afraid of being labeled by a black man as a racist that they just caved and let it happen. Right is right and wrong is wrong. Being right isn't beholden to any skin color.

Cal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member