Tyarra-300x300.jpg

Missing From: High Point, North Carolina
Missing: January 7, 2016
Age at Disappearance: 19
Height: 5′ 5″
Weight: 120
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown

Distinguishing Characteristics: Scars, Marks, Tattoos: African-American female. Williams’s ears are pierced and her left nostril is pierced; she wears a stud in the piercing. She has a nickel-sized burn scar on her right wrist.

Details of Disappearance: Tyarra was last seen at Stoneybrook Apartments off Webster Road near Randleman Road in Greensboro, North Carolina at 8:30 p.m. on January 7, 2016. She walked away from the apartment complex with her boyfriend and her young brother. She told them she was going to see a friend who lived in the apartment complex and would be back in an hour. She did visit her friend apartment and was on her way home when the GPS signal on her phone stopped, indicating the phone was turned off or the battery died. She never arrived home and has never been heard from again.

Investigative Agency: Greensboro Police Department 336-373-2222

If you have any information on this case, please contact CUE Center for Missing Persons at (910) 343-1131 or call the CUE Center 24-hour tip line at (910) 232-1687. All information submitted to CUE Center for Missing Persons is confidential.

Tyarra Williams – CUE – Community United Effort

Three years after Tyarra Williams' disappearance, her mom says she never imagined her daughter would be a missing person

Police say they have no updates in the case. Leads have dwindled.

But hope remains. Someone out there still may be able to help.

"No piece of information is too small," Greensboro police spokesman Ron Glenn said.

Despite national television exposure and more than four million views of Tyarra's story on social media, her disappearance remains unsolved.
The summer after Tyarra vanished, investigators spent a weekend following a lead about a "missing girl" being held in a basement.

That didn’t pan out. Neither did many other leads.

Tyarra was among three young girls missing in Greensboro that January.

Two were located days later. Police determined the cases were unrelated.

Since Tyarra Williams disappeared four years ago, tips and leads have dried up. Hope is all that's left.

I saw disappeared today.I would want to talk again to the roomate of her ex Tre who was killed by him.Is it possible her disapearance was what they were fighting about that led to his death?
He's in prison for killing him but do we know what they were fighting about?It had to be something big to result in his death.And what could be bigger than Tyarra who was missing.Didn't Tre admit seeing her on the night she disappeared?We're they followed.I don't want to speculate to much.I'm new to forums like this.But somebody knows something

I'm still wondering about this case. When it first occurred I went to Google Maps and looked at the area around her mother's apartment. Whatever happened, occurred very quickly evidently as I never heard LE state that anyone heard or saw anything suspicious in parking lot between her mother's place and the apartment she was visiting. Or at the friend's apartment.

The ID Channel covered Tyarra's case in a "Disappeared" episode, but not much outside in the media or podcasts outside of that episode. Kendall Rae covers the disappearance in a recent YouTube video:

Nothing new, but it does give some much needed publicity.

Another year passes...

Eight years of Dateline's Missing in America: 169 still missing

tyarra_williams.png

Tyarra Williams was last seen on the afternoon of January 7, 2016, walking in the parking lot of the apartment complex in Greensboro, North Carolina where the 19-year-old lived with her family. She left on foot to go see a friend, but never returned home. Officials have said they were able to use Tyarra’s cell phone GPS tracker to confirm she made it to her friend’s apartment, and appeared to be headed back home when she disappeared. In November 2020, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children released a video of Tyarra’s photos with the hope that it might draw attention to the four-year-old case. Family members insist Tyarra would never have run away, and say she was planning to start classes soon on early childhood development at Guilford Technical Community College nearby. The family is offering a $10,000 reward for any information for Tyarra’s safe return. If you have any information regarding Tyarra’s case, please call the Greensboro Police Department at (336) 373-2287.

I watched Tyarra’s episode again on Disappeared last night.

My guess is she was met with foul play by her ex-boyfriend whom she went to meet to that night and who was the last one to see her. He lied on the police interview initially that he was communicating with her again on facebook. Her mom also said he was the one who was initiating the communication, not Tyarra. Her mom also said he is her top suspect. It seems LE doesn’t have any evidence against him. CSI searched his car and didn’t find anything.

IF by chance he is not responsible for her disappearance, then my second guess is she was abducted while walking home. Have there been any other abductions in the area?

But my guess is the ex boyfriend whom she went to meet that night killed this lovely, bright girl with her whole future ahead of her. She had wanted to work with disabled kids and was set to start college the next day.

Jmo.

Not much in the way of updates. I found this one from this summer.

I did reach out to the admin, her mother, on the FB page with John Lordan's contact info.

DEC 5, 2022

Tyarra Williams

tyarra_williams.jpg

Tyarra Williams was last seen on the afternoon of January 7, 2016, walking in the parking lot of the apartment complex in Greensboro, North Carolina, where the 19-year-old lived with her family. She left on foot to go see a friend, but never returned home. Officials have said they were able to use Tyarra’s cell phone GPS tracker to confirm she made it to her friend’s apartment, and appeared to be headed back home when she disappeared. In November 2020, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children released a video of Tyarra’s photos in the hope that it might draw attention to the case. Family members insist Tyarra would never have run away, and say she was planning to start classes soon on early childhood development at nearby Guilford Technical Community College. The family is offering a $10,000 reward for any information for Tyarra’s safe return. If you have any information regarding Tyarra’s case, please call the Greensboro Police Department at (336) 373-2287.

This one hits close to home for me as I spent a lot of time at that apartment complex years ago when I was 18-20 yrs old. I have never stopped thinking of Tyarra since her disappearance and I'm especially praying for her mother as she faces another Christmas without her baby :(

Recently saw the TW Disappeared episode. Sad that it's been 7 years since she vanished, with 0 leads re: this case.

We really don't know what happened to her. But, it does sound like whatever happened occurred the night she vanished, given that after that night - anyone calling her phone went straight to voice-mail.

I'm in Greensboro with a little time to spare and was thinking of driving over to the apartments and possibly take some pics of the area for the thread .. really hate that another anniversary of her disappearance has passed with no information...

okay, so this is the general area that I took some photos of just to give you a better idea of how this complex was laid out and how many businesses there are along the entrance that may have had their cameras at that time but I, of course, can't confirm that, just that they are there as of today and I placed arrows to show which direction they point. The 2 entrances are marked with X's and her building that is listed in the article as 252 is circled in yellow.

Attachments

• google overview.jpeg
    google overview.jpeg
    157.9 KB · Views: 4
okay, so this is the general area that I took some photos of just to give you a better idea of how this complex was laid out and how many businesses there are along the entrance that may have had their cameras at that time but I, of course, can't confirm that, just that they are there as of today and I placed arrows to show which direction they point. The 2 entrances are marked with X's and her building that is listed in the article as 252 is circled in yellow.
These are from the perspective of the Lakeview Dr Stoneybrook entrance (if you were viewing it as you are exiting the complex and looking from right, straight across, and to the left.

Attachments

• google overview zoomed in .jpeg
    google overview zoomed in .jpeg
    141.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Entry 1 facing Webster Rd.jpg
    Entry 1 facing Webster Rd.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Exiting Stoneybrook - directly across the street from entrance.jpg
    Exiting Stoneybrook - directly across the street from entrance.jpg
    270.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Exiting Stoneybrook - view to the left away from Webster Rd.jpg
    Exiting Stoneybrook - view to the left away from Webster Rd.jpg