NC vs. Raven Abaroa ~ the Trial 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
good morning quera.....I wish more of us were here in support of Janet. :(

A Lincoln life insurance policy for $500K on Janet?! And a million on Raven?!

Also - did I just hear that they had vehicle payments of close to $1000/month? Did I hear that right?

Yeah you heard correctly. That is a LOT of vehicle payments. On top of rent and daycare and everything else, no wonder they couldn’t afford food!

Raven filed a claim on the $500K life insurance policy on May 6, 2005. I just checked - the funeral was May 7th. He tried to cash out on his wife's death before she was even laid to rest.

!!!!! :furious:

Raven's case parallels Jason Young's case in a lot of ways.

1,000 for car/truck payments is a lot on any salary. You're so right about him trying to collect on her insurance....poor Janet. I can't imagine what she lived through with that psycho!!

Thank you guys for posting relevant point coming out. I've given up on trying to watch the videos. I'm beyond frustrated. But I've ranted enough now.

So had Bennie Bradly come out with anything that note worthy.... anything we didn't know.... any Ah HA! moments? I hate so much that I can't see his testimony.

I just rolled out of bed and I can't see very well, so please forgive the typos!

Listening to this trial, I'm reminded of our daughter right after she got out of college. She was working, had an apt, and her boyfriend soon moved in. Always small boned, she looked a lot like Janet did. Already thin, we began to notice she was losing weight. When I mentioned it to her, she had excuses...."my new job is so demanding, "I work out more than I used to", etc.
We finally found out her boyfriend wasn't working at all and our daughter was supporting the two of them. My husband exploded and wanted to confront him and I begged him not to. We had to maintain a good relationship and not "push her more in his arms". We found out she was eating mac & cheese and noodles in order to meet her monthly expenses....this explained the weight loss. I made every effort to stay close to her through phone calls, visits, email, etc. We never talked when she was home unless he wasn't there.She finally told me he was verbally abusive to her and I listened, all the while letting her know how I felt and told her many times she would always have a home with us, no matter how old she was. Our relationship was close and we communicated every day. After a few months she called, in tears and extremely upset and wanted us to come get her. We immediately drove 2 hrs and brought her and her belongings home. She told us he had picked her up, held her against the wall with his hand/arm across her throat. He had repeatedly called her worthless, useless, not worth a damn, no longer attractive, and sexually, she turned him off. He beat her down verbally over and over. He controlled her and her life, keeping her from friends, going through her mail, etc.
Thank god we got her home....thank god she didn't end up like Janet.
God bless Janet....I like to think of her now, where ever she is, smiling, happy, free, and in total peace. :)

Typical abusive relationship. It is so hard for some women who don't have any one to call. Some; like Janet are quiet and shy, and Janet seems to have fit this mold terribly. I think he controlled her every move.
Your daughter is so lucky to have the fortitude to make that call, and ask for help. As it can be so demeaning to admit you've allowed someone this type of control over your life, your body and or mind.

This witness has been VERY DRY and difficult to follow his testimony is important but omg he is hard to listen to. Maybe it's just me!

Listening to this trial, I'm reminded of our daughter right after she got out of college. She was working, had an apt, and her boyfriend soon moved in. Always small boned, she looked a lot like Janet did. Already thin, we began to notice she was losing weight. When I mentioned it to her, she had excuses...."my new job is so demanding, "I work out more than I used to", etc.
We finally found out her boyfriend wasn't working at all and our daughter was supporting the two of them. My husband exploded and wanted to confront him and I begged him not to. We had to maintain a good relationship and not "push her more in his arms". We found out she was eating mac & cheese and noodles in order to meet her monthly expenses....this explained the weight loss. I made every effort to stay close to her through phone calls, visits, email, etc. We never talked when she was home unless he wasn't there.She finally told me he was verbally abusive to her and I listened, all the while letting her know how I felt and told her many times she would always have a home with us, no matter how old she was. Our relationship was close and we communicated every day. After a few months she called, in tears and extremely upset and wanted us to come get her. We immediately drove 2 hrs and brought her and her belongings home. She told us he had picked her up, held her against the wall with his hand/arm across her throat. He had repeatedly called her worthless, useless, not worth a damn, no longer attractive, and sexually, she turned him off. He beat her down verbally over and over. He controlled her and her life, keeping her from friends, going through her mail, etc.
God bless Janet....I like to think of her now, where ever she is, smiling, happy, free, and in total peace. :)
Thankfully you did get her home.:blowkiss:

Which site are ya'all watching the video's of the days testimony? thanks!

Thank God she got away from him and didn't end up like so many women are ending up these days.... as another statistic. I don't understand people at all. I'm so happy for you and her that you helped her get out.

If anyone is watching the trial coverage live today, I am getting it in bits and pieces, if anything huge comes out please post it. It's so frustrating being all the way out here in CA and not being able to follow this with anyone.

My feed has also been super frustrating all morning - did anything interesting come out with Det. Bradly?

Hi, Peeps - Late getting back to this board -- making bread...

The Specter of WEBSLEUTHS arises again. This is becoming a daily thing with this defense team. Arrrgggghhhh.

During Bradley's time on the stand the female def. atty asked him if he had read on Websleuths (I think that's how she put it), and he said no. He said "We" know about Websleuths when she asked if he was familiar with WS. Bradley said he had sent one email to the "owner" of WS & received one reply. He seemed to be emphasizing "one," possibly to show the DPD and WS were not regular correspondents about this case. Then she asked, "Anonymous, aren't they?" He said yes. "Not accurate?" He said, "Yes, we know about them."
This was near the end of the 1st cross with Bradley -- was in kitchen so couldn't write down the time -- if it matters. Grrrrrrrrrr.

They need to just get over it.

I wonder if they are going to have Raven testify.

I'm leaning towards that as well based on some of the questions yesterday...I was thinking the same thing.

Thanks for the links everyone! I didn't realize wral had the archive my bad :)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubbajax
Back