Identified! NC - Wayne County, Male, ~30, remains found, full-length rod in the left femur, Jul'20 - N/A

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They've already determined its not Cole Thomas who went missing in 2016 . When I first heard the news yesterday I thought it could be Jessica garino MP14623 or Teresa Darlene McCullen MP8590 . Both lived in the area where the remains have been found. Unfortunately they've determined the remains to be male and around 30 yoa.

I know they say it is a male, but Teresa McCullen went missing in that very area in 2010 and has a rod in her left leg. It would be such a weird coincidence that someone else with a left rod is found right there!
This was exactly my thinking . I know she had two breast implants with serial numbers aswell. But if I recall those can start breaking down as early as 10 yrs not to mention being exposed to the process of decomp and also the weather.

Last edited:
Brian Robinson also is missing from NC and has left leg rod, but went missing in 1991 so I doubt a cell phone would be there.
I believe that's around a 1hr 23 min dr (70 miles) (not discrediting you of course) Definitely a possibility depending on his circumstances of disappearance and if he maybe knew anyone in the area. . I really feel like this is going to be a local person considering the presence of a cellphone .

I believe that's around a 1hr 23 min dr (70 miles) (not discrediting you of course) Definitely a possibility depending on his circumstances of disappearance and if he maybe knew anyone in the area. . I really feel like this is going to be a local person considering the presence of a cellphone .

I agree. I cannot find anyone else missing from anywhere near there that has a left leg rod. And I agree with you also about the breast implants. 10 years in the elements could definitely destroy them. I wonder what makes them think it's a 30 year old male? Obviously, they are the experts ... lol ... but I hope they have at least considered Teresa.

I agree. I cannot find anyone else missing from anywhere near there that has a left leg rod. And I agree with you also about the breast implants. 10 years in the elements could definitely destroy them. I wonder what makes them think it's a 30 year old male? Obviously, they are the experts ... lol ... but I hope they have at least considered Teresa.
I'm sure they have or will , as far as aging I believe per the article there going by bone Density and metal fillings in the teeth. But there's always that chance where it could be off , it has happened in the past.

Regarding the cell phone, do they have a description?

I wonder what the estimated time of death is. I am just assuming that they are guessing it is more recent.
I don't believe they've released anything other than what was in the original post. that would be a good determination of a time frame though going by the model etc.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

#UP72167
Date Body Found July 22, 2020
ME/C Case Number 20-9518/B20-4231

Sex Male
Race/Ethnicity Uncertain
Estimated Age Group Adult - Pre 50
Height 5' 5"(65 inches) , Measured
Weight Cannot Estimate

Location Goldsboro, North Carolina 27560
County Wayne County
Found On Tribal Land Unknown

Circumstances of Recovery Logging company clearing wooded area discovered these human remains.

Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only

Clothing Near the Body
White and dark active wear shorts (The King Court Activewear) size XL.
Dark colored shorts (AND1) size L/G.
One dark colored Fruit of the Loom sock
Dark colored briefs (Gildan)

Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail

more photos here The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I know Teresa’s Family VERY well. If those were her remains they would of been notified. As of right now she has still not been found. Her son and family members submitted their DNA in 2012 in hopes of finding her. Teresa had her fair share of demons but her family still loves and misses her dearly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Let the light shine
Back