UNSOLVED NC - Wilkes Co, Photo of Gagged Woman Tied To Chair, Circa 1970s or Early 80s

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm on board with your judgement of the situation.

I didn't get a reply when I asked if you can divulge the approximate location where this apartment was located or if she gave you that info. I am guessing you probably already did a search of missing women in that general vicinity?

I don't know the location where the apartment was. I'm guessing it was Wilkesboro, but I don't know that for sure.

I don't know the location where the apartment was. I'm guessing it was Wilkesboro, but I don't know that for sure.

Thank you.

And to anyone wondering why we talk about what is behind the woman's head, what is on the windowsill etc., that is what we do here. Everything can be a potential clue. The most innocuous item in a room may spark a memory or pinpoint a timeframe. With so many members looking at the same photo, there's a good chance someone may recognize something of importance. We've been doing the same thing on the Abby/Libby thread -- to the point of starting a dedicated image thread to try and decipher what the suspect is wearing. We go about that not thinking we will solve a crime but because there is always that tiny bit of hope that as a group, by putting out thoughts together perhaps we might come up with a useful tip.

Carl posted a picture and asked for input. That's what we are doing.

And as Carl said.. he doesn't know what the sheriff did with the information he gave to the sheriff and it's none of his business wether they investigated it or not... Well I guess I would make it my business to make sure it was investigated and also to send the evidence into the proper authorities rather than just posting a pic with no info because that's obviously doing nothing for this victim! Besides a bunch of people seeing a bunch of different things.. dentist chairs, weaving looks, levers, candles, etc etc! Maybe she's sitting in an electric chair too! Who knows? NO ONE! because none of this evidence ever went anywhere besides the post office! My opinion and thoughts only!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Sleuthers will send tips to LE if when they can be verified / backed up. Fear not, a lot goes on behind the scenes. From there, it is up to law enforcement. I appreciate your passion for justice!

yikes. I hate getting scared off a thread.
If someone has a different opinion u say YIKES? isnt this a discussion forum for opinions and if someone has a different opinion everyone wants to block them? Isn't that what a forum is for discussions?

Sleuthers will send tips to LE if when they can be verified / backed up. Fear not, a lot goes on behind the scenes. From there, it is up to law enforcement. I appreciate your passion for justice!
I've seen in the last 2 hours that alot goes on behind the scenes, fear not

my opinion and thoughts only

I concur with the speculation that the braids are from different people. While hair color can vary during age (lighter when young, darker when older), the color between the braids as well as the texture seems like a great variance.

I concur with the speculation that the braids are from different people. While hair color can vary during age (lighter when young, darker when older), the color between the braids as well as the texture seems like a great variance.

I just took a look at the hair braids again. The two fat ones are identical in color and texture to the thin one. They look different in the photo because different density, but they appear to have come from the same person.

I just took a look at the hair braids again. The two fat ones are identical in color and texture to the thin one. They look different in the photo because different density, but they appear to have come from the same person.

I defer to you on that one Carl. We all know you see things most of us miss; this case in point. :seeya:

To me, the cord just looks like a drawstring that's part of whatever she's gagged with. A cloth laundry bag or something maybe?

Ronda Blaylock was kidnapped and murdered in Surry County in 1980. Surry County borders Wilkes County:
551995046d8b3.image.jpg

http://www.journalnow.com/news/crim...1e4-b676-e3115dfd9dab.html?mode=image&photo=0

http://www.wxii12.com/article/authorities-probe-new-evidence-in-1980-slaying-case/2058857

http://www.ncnn.com/edit-news/9407-sbi-has-new-leads-in-surry-county-cold-case-

Her thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Salem-26-August-1980&highlight=Ronda+Blaylock

Dark eyebrows, round nose tip -- you've found a good likeness.

The woman in the photo looks a lot older than 14 to me.

CarlK90245,

I'm pretty much a lurker on WS, but this is my hometown and have heard all the rumors about Hamby so I feel compelled to respond. IMHO, that's not her.

CarolinaHeel,

Welcome to Websleuths! We’re glad to have you here. :welcome4:

Can you tell us whether there have been other women in your hometown over the years that have mysteriously disappeared and were never seen or heard from again that you know of?

Just off the top of my head, only one other woman, but she's definitely not the girl pictured.

Worth noting that the Ore Knob mine murders were also happening in and before 1982 when Angela Hamby went missing. The other girl I mentioned went missing in 84...
The man who was convicted of murdering another man and tossing his body down the mine shaft claims that there are other bodies down there- as many as 20, but only the one was found- it was difficult getting in and out, and the body that was found had to be pried off the floor of the mine, as it was frozen.

Weird time back then. The motorcycle gangs were moving drugs into the county almost with impunity, and some have said the sheriff's office at the time was turning a blind eye, or else was actively involved.

1) Is it me or does she seem to be wearing a mans shirt? The arm width is quite large.

2) It looks like a rolled up towel to me with the knot in the back being singular.

3) In the unedited photo, she definitely has a redness about her face. Her lip does not look comfortable as it is folded in a bit so it will be directly smashed on a tooth and the towel.

4) Carl, did you sleuth him? Could this be a kid sister, cousin, or someone he was goofing around with?

5) She does look like Amy Billig.

If there had been a struggle to get her into that position, those cigarettes would have long fallen out of her pocket IMO.

This could have been staged after. They do seem to be sitting pretty high up is the pocket though so may she has struggled a bit.

In the letter, she has detailed much of the abuse of her, and how he has dragged women by their hair. And one passage,

"When he used his drugs - LSD or cocaine - he would tell me about hurting women. He told me he hurt someone very bad. When I asked more questions, he would not talk about it anymore."

In another passage, she says:

"One time his mother called me and told me not to allow the girls (my nieces) to be alone with him that he could hurt one of them."

Carlk, how long were they married and when did they get a divorce? Is there any chance the woman was involved in whatever this is with him (she recognised the apartment) and is trying to place it on him? She obviously threatened him with this picture, thus prompting him to preemptively call LE. But, why inform him of this? If she was so frightened, why did she let him know she had this in her possession? Why threaten him with this? That is my big concern. She is too afraid to go to LE but calls/contacts her perp to say she has this slide. I think she knows more than she is letting on about this. I think something came up in the news or with an UID or missing person that prompted her to act. No matter how politically powerful his family is, there are so many other places she could have presented this in LE. It doesn't add up.

It just seems her information is lacking context. And the delay in time is odd. If she was scared, I can totally see it, but why taunt your ex with the information first. I can also she a small item such as a slide getting lost in a bunch of possessions. What are her motivations? I have ex's so Im pretty sure after 10-20 years running a smear campaign isn't what I want to waste my time on. There is more to this. This seems a really bizarre way to get this out there?

Also, the LSD and Cocaine comment seems a bit odd. Now, I can see a drunk person bragging up crimes. LSD is mind altering so this typically wouldn't happen or if it did a comment such as that might also be in the sentence of "I hurt someone with the dragon melting off the wall". And with Coke it would be speedy machismo. But, it is all heresy at this point.

The hair didn't necessarily have to be in pigtails or braids when it was cut! It could've been braided after the cut! The lady's hair in the pic is much darker than the braids! And also alot thinner, so it seems, so I don't think she would have such thick braids!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

It is pretty hard to braid hair after its been cut. Usually with long hair, if you want it for a keep sake or to donate it, will be braided just like that prior to cutting it. Just wondering why he cut his hair. It looks like he might have cut the braids off, then went with the rat tail thing for awhile before cutting that. Do you think she was hoping (though there are not roots for DNA) the hair would be run and he'd pop up for an unsolved crime? Why did she back peddle on the hair, then send it?

Do you know any more information about the husband? Can we assume this was before he was married since the ex-wife said this looks like his apartment? Do you know what state his apartment was in? Do you know what field he worked in or jobs he had?

The thing on the windowsill looks like a bearded man's face. Reminds me of figurines sold in the Caribbean.

I'm also wondering what is behind her left shoulder?
I wonder if LE spoke to the ex? Wouldnt he have alot of explaining to do?
Theres to much we dont know.

Lucyoso, who knows why people do what they do?
For ex. A woman filed a civil suit against her ex for the abuse she suffered during the marriage. She wanted cash damages. She said " i know he will kill me for doing this". He did.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back