NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. He hasn't been to court and been convicted, therefore it is alleged. At this point it is his word against their (whoever accused him) word. I don't know the circumstances surrounding this, I was just trying to get further information.

The Obstruction charge is no longer alleged (at least I don't assume), she admitted to it.

She admitted to writing the ransom note. The charge is obstruction which is also still alleged as no one knows what was going thru her mind. Could be she was trying to scam the boss. I want to be clear I am not making excuses for her but AB is no withering flower either in my opinion. The charges have been made against him, that is what the warrants were for. Everything is alleged against either one of them until it is proven in a court. It seems if the family is saying those things, they are saying he, as well as her, were making threats. Hope this helps clear up what I am saying.

Thank you. Thank you. I just wanted to be clear if EB was in the car with AB when he allegedly ran the family off the road. One other question, do you know the date this was supposed to have happened? And is this the person who was at EB's hearing and said if EB were released she would have to leave the state?

I do not know the exact date, but I would presume the incident would have occurred very close to the date the charges were filed (which was May 23).

EB's daughter who testified at the hearing is AF -- and to my knowledge she was not involved whatsoever in the "communicating threats" incident the charges are based on.

BB (the accuser) is married to (though now separated from) EB's nephew.

The "communicating threats" charges were filed on May 23 - so the incident likely would have happened on that date or shortly before.

Both EB and AB were charged with "communicating threats" stemming from the (alleged) incident. The charges are still pending, to my knowledge, with upcoming arraignment dates for both EB and AB (IIRC: November 18).

AB also has a charge of "assault with a deadly weapon", supposedly because he was driving the car and attempted to run BB (and her family) off the road. EB is reported to have been in the car with him.

IIRC, there was also a Taser involved in the incident (EB supposedly threatened BB and/or her family with it).

I'm sorry--to clarify, the only warrants I've seen referred to in MSM that I recall involve the bad checks and the communicating threats charges--it's had me wondering if LE is keeping the more serious charges as backups they can pull him in on later, if they feel it necessary. JMOG, though.

Punk,

You said they and that is fine I use to think AB could be innocent too but too many things leave too many questions in my mind now. His reported running someone of the road, showed anger to a degree someone unstable or out of control, his 911 call, his non cooperation, reports from a previous landlord...even if you try to find a reason for them all still I think to myself...."Self, there is always some truth to what you hear, it is a matter of degree" He is complicit and I think that evidence will show that.

I'm sorry--to clarify, the only warrants I've seen referred to in MSM that I recall involve the bad checks and the communicating threats charges--it's had me wondering if LE is keeping the more serious charges as backups they can pull him in on later, if they feel it necessary. JMOG, though.

I am going to assume it's okay for me to post a link to screenshots of AB's charges (per public data where I found their criminal histories). I'm putting the screenshots together into a file now...

Looks like investigators searched illegal dump sites today:

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/oct/30/illegal-dump-sites-searched-again-ar-495448/

Does anyone else find it odd that so many of these missing babies lived with their daddies?
Zahra, Hayleigh, Kyron- I'm sure I'm missing someone.......

It's just odd. Is it the step mommy factor?

*******MOO*
***** it seems to me that all the birth mothers had somehow been abused by custodial dads in these cases. My now adult child was given to her abusive dad because I had another child and my daughter would be better cared for by him it makes me sick he only went for custody when he found out I was pregnant and getting married, before that he was fine. My ex repeatedly told me he could kill me and nobody would miss me he would tell me how he could kill me and convince everyone I killed myself. This is the man the courts decided would be a better parent. He was verbally abusive to my daughter calls her names and tells her she is lazy and stupid. I had police reports a Domestic Violence Advocate and a very good attorney but they still gave him my daughter. Sorry I have nothing against dads but roo many of them use children to further abuse the ex******* IMO*********

There is a media report with the dates and a run down of what supposedly happened.

They were arrested on May 22, 2010 and charged with communicating threats against Elisa’s niece Brittany Bentley, her fiancé Zackery Tyler and the couple’s 7-month-old daughter. The threats stemmed from an outstanding debt Bentley owed them, according to the arrest warrant.

“He (Adam Baker) chased me and my fiancée. He literally tried to run us off the road twice,” wrote Tyler in the complaint accompanying the warrant. “He got in the opposite lane, swerved at the driver’s side and we had to swerve to keep from getting hit, then he passed us and slammed his brakes. We had to slam our brakes and still almost hit him.”

The couple went home and gave Baker the money she was owed, but she demanded more. She and Adam threatened the couple with Tasers, according to the arrest warrant.

“They said they would kill me and Brittany Bentley and that they knew where our daughter was and they would kill her if I didn’t pay her,” Tyler wrote.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/...egal-trouble-follow-zahras-parents-ar-462500/

Hope that helps...

She admitted to writing the ransom note. The charge is obstruction which is also still alleged as no one knows what was going thru her mind. Could be she was trying to scam the boss. I want to be clear I am not making excuses for her but AB is no withering flower either in my opinion. The charges have been made against him, that is what the warrants were for. Everything is alleged against either one of them until it is proven in a court. It seems if the family is saying those things, they are saying he, as well as her, were making threats. Hope this helps clear up what I am saying.

"She [EB] was charged with obstruction of justice after police said she admitted to writing a phony ransom note."

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25564797/detail.html

I understand fully that the family alleged that AB tried to run them off the road. I understand fully that a warrant was taken out for the incident. All I wanted to know was if EB was with him in the car when this supposedly took place??? And someone answered that question for me in an above post.

I made the assumption early on that EB did the deed and AB helped with cover. I'm no longer convinced that it couldn't have been the other way around. I doubt it, but it is possible. ( I would like to know how EB got that black eye.)

I doubt there was a shortage of people who would've liked to.

Whoops--did I just type that out loud?

Last random thought and then I'm going to bed...when I look at EB I don't see "goth", I see "biker hybrid something". I think it's very hard to pull off a goth look if you're 42 years old and not exactly waifish in stature. Yet she tries to do exactly that. There's something incredibly sad about that, but also something else...underneath. I sense the same thing in AB, though not to the same degree. Not sure how to explain it, but it's like two misfit, geeky kids trying to be cool, and not succeeding. There's an immaturity there...an arrested developement or something. I dunno. But it makes me wonder if they think (or rather DON'T think) in the same way that teenagers might. Impulsive, deal with consequences as an afterthought.

(lord, I AM tired! LOL!)

I do not know the exact date, but I would presume the incident would have occurred very close to the date the charges were filed (which was May 23).

EB's daughter who testified at the hearing is AF -- and to my knowledge she was not involved whatsoever in the "communicating threats" incident the charges are based on.

BB (the accuser) is married to (though now separated from) EB's nephew.

Thank you. You have provided a wealth of information, I appreciate it!!!

AB is not innocent either, even if it was EB's plan, and she carried it out, MOO is that AB went along with it either during or after that incident. That means, he is just as GUILTY. IF AB had no involvement and he knows anything that could help solve it, and doesn't come forward, then when the evidence shows otherwise he will be charged with CAPITAL MURDER right along side of EB.

I'm will to bet they charge EB first, then a week or so later, they'll charge AB.

I am going to assume it's okay for me to post a link to screenshots of AB's charges (per public data where I found their criminal histories). I'm putting the screenshots together into a file now...

You rock! Thanks, agatha!

Yes, it is the step parent factor.

Here in Norway a young boy was killed by his step dad some years ago. He was killed in the most evil way and the case is still in the media almost daily.

I read last week that scientists here in Norway have released a meta report based on reports from many other countries. All the reports show that kids brought up by a step parent is more likely to suffer from abuse/being murdered than kids raised by biological parent.

I will see if I can find more info if anyone is interested. I remember the numbers were based on studies from Canada, England, Australia and Sweden..

On questions as to why the material aren't broadcast more, the answer was:

It's too SENSITIVE!
Wow I was just reading a similar study

eta something else I read

http://www.nkmr.org/english/step_parents_abuse_children_to_death_more_often.htm

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 10
Unconfirmed: Supposedly one of EB's daughters acknowledged having given EB the black eye; however, I am not aware of any media links that report that (although I think I recall seeing a link posted at one time in an early thread - wish I were doing a better job of saving media links).

I'll just stick that right here in my back pocket. Thanks.

I've taken myself on a bit of a wild goose chase just to see where my Google map driving would take me if traveling near the drag strip road site which is approx 12 minutes from the Christy Road site.

I noticed what looks to be an old wooden cabin in the middle of nowhere which is along a dirt trail off Drag Strip Road.

coordinates of the cabin are 35.887754,-81.458976 which only need cut and paste into Google maps to see that location. Z could be anywhere though. :(

Link: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...68&sspn=49.357162,114.169922&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=16

OMG, did they search that far out? That looks like some scary scene from CSI!

the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree in EB's family it seems.

Although it can not be used during trial, I wonder if EB has been asked to take a polygraph? Given her history of telling untruths, it would seem like something LE would like to do, considering she is "cooperating" with LE, per their own admission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3