NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #35

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it appears after they moved she was taken out of school and EB was supposed to be home-schooling her. MOO

Yes, supposed to homeschool. It may depend who in LE may know about homeschooling, but there should have been some sort of curriculum and materials there for that, so to me that would be obvious whether any evidence of homeschooling materials were in the house. It appears EB/AB go from getting her hearing aids to not even bothering with her education by fall.

This is my first time posting but I've been reading forever.

My thoughts on the hearing aids....Z's school is who nominated her or who brought this up for her. If EB or AB had refused them then it would have made them look abusive. I mean who on earth would refuse hearing aids for their hearing impaired daughter. I think they agreed to it to "keep face" so to say with the school. Act like loving parents who were so interested in their daughter's welfare. If they hadn't it would have raised tons of suspicion to the school and teachers and possibly even involved more calls to Child Services.

Personally I don't think they would have EVER done it without the school's being involved.

Welcome to WS, bethiek!

I swear the things we have to argue about just to keep on little thing straight is about to drive me insane.

sorry teh, I wasn't arguing, was actually trying to back you up, just not as successfuly as I would have like, lol

and I agree, sometimes the need for specificity drives me to distraction!

I'm missing something...(and I know alot of you wise arses are really wanting to pop off about know but shhhhh....lol) What would finding out you saw her for the hearing aid help us with?

I want this child found soo bad......
Thank God my son is stubborn and hardheadded.. Sometimes I'm not so happy about it,but there's no way he could be led into something he didn't think was right.

And I have wondered why they would take Zahra and try to make her life easier even if the aids were free. But I guess it was just to get close to some of those famous drivers. jmo

And all the attention, etc.

I know of the event and the charity donation. I was wondering if audiologists just arrive and then determine that someone is hearing impaired and then fitted with aides at a singular event? It seems there would have to be a lot of audiologists on site with a very large variety of aides available to accomplish this. I would think there would have had to have already been a diagnosis of hearing loss to qualify. Just wondering.

ETA: does anyone have a link to the audiologists who voluteered their services? Also the manufacturers who donated the hearing aids? There is a huge variety, and I am wondering who the audiologist was that saw Zahra.

Still looking for manufacturer or audiologist details…but here's what I've found so far...

http://charlotte.news14.com/content/top_stories/625689/groups-donate-hearing-aids-to-81-people

The above referenced article mentioned Starkey Hearing Foundation…found this on them…

http://www.starkeyhearingfoundation.org/content/files/October2010/phpJ8uoRg.PDF

Page 24 talks about the event at Charlotte Motor Speedway in more detail.

<snipped>
The Starkey Hearing Foundation “raced” to deliver the gift of hearing to underserved children and adults throughout the Carolinas on May 10, at Charlotte Motor Speedway. The mission was held center track in the media center and sponsored by Speedway Children’s Charities and the National Rifle Association.

Thank you for the welcome! I live in Hickory but just moved here in June. This has just broken my heart!

I'm missing something...(and I know alot of you wise arses are really wanting to pop off about know but shhhhh....lol) What would finding out you saw her for the hearing aid help us with?

It would put to bed the endless debate over whether Zahra was seen by health professionals here in US and if so, when, and possibly lead to other treating professionals or facilities at which she was seen during the last two years.

A "redheaded, pot smoking" one, ideed. Why would the writer of the note (whom we now know to be EB, by her own admission) feel the need to be so specific? Does the boss have more than 1 son? Again, we see far too much additional, irrelevent information being doled out, and whenever I see that, I want to know why. EB wants the reader to know exactly who she is talking about, and to insert the idea that this person has a connection to drugs. What isn't clear to me is WHY she wants the reader to know this info.

Cant quote media source...but being a local...i do know someone that knows the "boss"...and he does indeed have a red headed son that has had some issues with pot.

Glad to finally see your thoughts bethiek, Welcome :)

sorry teh, I wasn't arguing, was actually trying to back you up, just not as successfuly as I would have like, lol

and I agree, sometimes the need for specificity drives me to distraction!

lol, I used to wrong word, I should not have said arguing, what I meant was the pains we have to go through to find anything. You keep us straight with your amazing ability to find linkage...I bow down to that. I'm more of a think and type, and well yeah the link is there somewhere, but don't interrupt my flow of thinking to find it K, person.............lol.

My thoughts on the hearing aids....Z's school is who nominated her or who brought this up for her. If EB or AB had refused them then it would have made them look abusive. I mean who on earth would refuse hearing aids for their hearing impaired daughter. I think they agreed to it to "keep face" so to say with the school. Act like loving parents who were so interested in their daughter's welfare. If they hadn't it would have raised tons of suspicion to the school and teachers and possibly even involved more calls to Child Services.

Personally I don't think they would have EVER done it without the school's being involved.

WELCOME, Bethie! :woohoo::dance:

Good point about the school's involvement. I hadn't thought of it from that angle.

Snipped the above. Just to clarify what appears to be a type--was it supposed to read $500?

No I did mean $50 a pill. Sorry for that. Sometimes he said that people would be so desperate they would offer anything for drugs because they were SO hooked. He said one of his "customers" offered him her diamond ring. Him being the stingy person he was wanted cash only. That means that some people want the drug so badly they could do ANYTHING for it. Leads me to believe that EB could offer anything or do anything for the drugs...assuming she is on drugs. JMO :)

lol, I used to wrong word, I should not have said arguing, what I meant was the pains we have to go through to find anything. You keep us straight with your amazing ability to find linkage...I bow down to that. I'm more of a think and type, and well yeah the link is there somewhere, but don't interrupt my flow of thinking to find it K, person.............lol.

actually I have been that think type as well but in last couple of weeks I am trying really hard to set a good example for the noobs and back my "thinks" with links

actually I have been that think type as well but in last couple of weeks I am trying really hard to set a good example for the noobs and back my "thinks" with links

rut roh, I should add a disclaimer in my siggy. "teh is alot of things, but not a good example" :angel: ok, swearz, last ot post. lol.

Welcome! :) I completely agree and believe it was initiated by her school and they couldn't refuse. MOO

Still looking for manufacturer or audiologist details…but here's what I've found so far...

http://charlotte.news14.com/content/top_stories/625689/groups-donate-hearing-aids-to-81-people

The above referenced article mentioned Starkey Hearing Foundation…found this on them…

http://www.starkeyhearingfoundation.org/content/files/October2010/phpJ8uoRg.PDF

Page 24 talks about the event at Charlotte Motor Speedway in more detail.

<snipped>
The Starkey Hearing Foundation “raced” to deliver the gift of hearing to underserved children and adults throughout the Carolinas on May 10, at Charlotte Motor Speedway. The mission was held center track in the media center and sponsored by Speedway Children’s Charities and the National Rifle Association.

Thanks...please see above thread for links. You can email these people and ask. I am waiting, um, patiently. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck