NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't pulled a statute, does NC require a grand jury indictment for a murder one arrest? We may not see him arrested for awhile, but he is not going anywhere.

And if they are going to put pressure on EB and AB to start spilling their guts this is a high pressure time for them to do so. It may be very strategic on their part that he is out. They know it annoys EB, and maybe it makes him more confident.

Yes ... AB is holding a high stakes poker hand.

AB needs to decide whether to hold tight and see how the cards fall or ... approach LE and try to sell a story that reduces his involvement and indicts EB.

Huge decision. Wait or make a move?

Totally OT but want to let you guys know how much I appreciate your running updates on what's happening. I am unable to watch any flash videos as I'm working from an iPad (grrrrrr) so it is awesome when you guys keep us informed!! TY

Its my understanding that the flash situation will be resolved after Thursday which will be such a relief to me!!

I haven't pulled a statute, does NC require a grand jury indictment for a murder one arrest? We may not see him arrested for awhile, but he is not going anywhere.

And if they are going to put pressure on EB and AB to start spilling their guts this is a high pressure time for them to do so. It may be very strategic on their part that he is out. They know it annoys EB, and maybe it makes him more confident.

They can arrest without indicting but they have to indict him to charge him. They arrested EB for obstruction of justice but seeked an indictment from the Grand Jury before charging her.

All but two states and the District of Columbia use grand juries to indict. Twenty-three states (Alabama, Alaska, Delaware, Florida, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia) plus the District of Columbia require that indictments be used to charge certain crimes. These states tend to follow federal practice, requiring that indictments be used to charge serious crimes and allowing other charging instruments, such as informations and complaints, to be used to bring charges for minor felonies and misdemeanors. Informations and complaints are like indictments in that they charge particular persons with committing crimes, but unlike indictments, they are initiated by a prosecutor acting without the assistance of a grand jury.
http://campus.udayton.edu/~grandjur/stategj/funcsgj.htm

39552_158505887520680_100000838103427_247290_4835994_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...100000838103427&pid=247290&id=100000838103427

Are my eyes deceiving me or has Zahra's hair been color chunked in this photo? Who color chunks a ten year old child's hair?

Oh wait... the reason is right behind her.

If they already have Zahra's DNA profile then it would only take a matter of hours for them to process DNA from a suspected bone but first the forensics would document what they received, study it, looking for trace evidence, marks, noting every little thing before they try to extract DNA if that is even possible. If matter is still on the bone this process would take even longer. My guess is LE will know by late afternoon tomorrow or early the next day.

DNA processing would take longer than that, but not too long.
They already know if it is a human bone, and one of a child.

They already *know* whether it is hers or not, but they won't have official results for awhile. The test takes some time, and they have to get their spot in the lab which even with a rush order is a backlogged system.

moo

I hope she believes in the lethal injection fairy, because she's going to meet him.

IF she makes it that long ...she's wondering in her letter (if it is in fact her letter and I believe it is) whether she needs to be looking over her shoulder..duh..:doh:..ya think?.:yes:..

I'll be back going to watch JVM on tv and NG, having issues streaming over internet here.

Justice for Zahra.

ETA; I just saw that tags on this thread....you all are too much! LOL

---------does anyone have the "who's in jail " link please ?

Wonder if our locals are out there and will report back if its a media frenzy atm. I would think that LE telling them to back away that they are in the mind frame we are and that LE has found somehting major

The search is done for tonight. The area is being guarded tonight and searchers will be back out in the AM.

Are my eyes deceiving me or has Zahra's hair been color chunked in this photo? Who color chunks a ten year old child's hair?

Oh wait... the reason is right behind her.

Ah.............I do:blushing:

My dd now 12 has had semi permanent and permanent hair color, I don't see an issue...........:waitasec:

So first we're sure she's gone through the woodchipper out at the landscaping yard?
Then we're sure that she's been sunk in a monte carlo in some body of water?
Then we're sure that she's in pieces in the yard in the other mulch pile?
Then we're sure that she's in the dump?
Then we're sure she's been burnt in the fire?
Then we're sure she's alongside the road (when the chopper was in are of leg days ago)
Then we're sure she's in the pond that's being drained?
Then we're sure she's on the side of the road again because a bone has been found?
Oh wait, she might have been stuffed in the walls?
Or in the fridge?
Or under the floorboards?
(Because they've cut the house to pieces)

Not trying to put down any of these theories, because they all have basis, but do you see what I am getting at? How many times over the last 3 weeks have we (I use that generally) been positive about it and then, here we are, still looking, still guessing. (and maybe there is some that still feel that she was found days or weeks ago and this is all just a big cover up for whatever reason, I don't know). I really feel that jumping to conclusions without any real basis is just getting everyone wound up and setting up for failure if you will. It's emotional enough, but this just makes it more of an emotional rollercoaster. JMO

Edit to add my later post
It has nothing to do with being able to stomach it, I just don't find it productive. To date she is still on NCMEC and that means she is still missing. To me that means I want to keep scouring and collecting as much information as I can to find her. To me, everytime it turns this way, that search comes to a grinding stop and precious time is lost. That's what I was trying to say.

I seen a good suggestion, and wondered if anyone knew if this has been done?

Has LE requested that the public be on the lookout for unexpected mulch piles?

IMO, I doubt the bone has anything to do with the case as remains do not decompose that quickly.

I have a "port" still,was for chemo access.. Wonder if Zahra had one??

I actually looked at a couple pics closely for that and didn't see any evidence of- not that that means anything. They usually remove after a year or so though, in kids. When it's easier to just do a blood draw every few months or whatever than having to flush a port.

Not completely without furnace-like high intense heat.

That's what I thought...like crematorium or maybe an incinerator @ high heat..but in a regular fire, it wouldn't hardly do anything, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3