NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did SM own children say how she raised them?
Is she close to her own family? grandchildren?

The only case I've had a harder time reading about was the Groene case. This story is close second. Truly disgusting.

I love your Avatar. This would be a good case for Dexter, provided all the evidence is there!

The numerous people who reported this did what they could IMO.
They can only do so much.

Yeah, I'd had love to hear of them busting down the door and taking Zahra out of that house, but they would have been charged with kidnapping and Zahra would have been returned to the home.

So, the only option you have is to call DSS over and over. I'm sure they received a lot of calls regarding Zahra. And did nothing. JMO

It sounds to me like Elisa's niece Brittany made many efforts to help Zahra - taking her on weekends and reporting the abuse to DSS. But when the abuser is threatening you and your own children with bodily harm, should you be expected to take the matter into your own hands? I have to say, sitting here, I'd be sorely tempted to make her disappear, "Gone Baby, Gone" style, but were I in Brittany's situation, I can't say I'd go that far. They might've also been afraid of losing all contact with Zahra if they pushed too hard.

Perhaps if others HAD complained to the authorities, the sheer volume of witness accounts would have forced DSS into action.

Just sick at the thought that this monster could have been stopped.

Thanks for reminding us. One thing has been bothering me that I'd like to point out regarding this abuse.

When I was teaching school, we were required to report any signs of abuse to the school social worker. The SSW and counselor then began an investigation by interviewing the child. The county DSS would have been notified. There is alot of paperwork involved in the process.

One thing that I learned is that once families of the abused realized DSS is on their tail, they would up and move the child to another school or another county. And then the process begins all over again..... These abusers know how to play the system that is intended to protect these dear children. Heartbreaking!

I am bring this up because I noticed that this family has moved often. Didn't I read where Zahra attended school in both Caldwell and
Catawba Counties?

MOO

wm

Thank you WM. What will be interesting is to see if it comes out that the evil SM had previous history with DFS/CPS prior to her meeting Zahra's father. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if she has a long history of abusing children. :furious: :furious: :furious:

Why change the appearance of a 10yochild? What were they trying to get away from. Lots of moves and changes in appearance...why? moo

The moves, I am guessing it was A.) Money B.) Perhaps to skip county's and avoid DSS Investigators or questions from teachers/schools C.) They had outstanding warrants on them

The hair could be lighter because of summer, or she could have put some of that spray lightener in it for summer. My mom let me do that when I was her age. You spray it on and lighten it with the sun/or a blow dryer. Sun-In?

I think MaryL summed it up nicely! :dance:

Mornin everyone! Since my work puter is down, I thought I'd come check out the comments on her MS. wow!!!!! Just got to MaryL... :angel:

101110_missinggirl_397x224.jpg

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/10/1...e-missing-north-carolina-girl-childs-remains/

I am trying to catch up. OMG this is so horrific, it just never ends.​

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/10/13/national/main6953886.shtml
Missing N.C. Girl's Stepmom Portrayed as Angry

(CBS/AP) To relatives and former neighbors, Elisa Baker had a short fuse. In interviews and court documents, they portrayed her as nasty-tempered and willing to use a gun or her fists to settle an argument and say her disabled stepdaughter usually bore the brunt of her rage.

Investigators said Tuesday they believe someone killed 10-year-old Zahra Clare Baker, who was reported missing over the weekend. Baker was scheduled to appear in court Wednesday, accused of trying to throw off investigators with a fake ransom note.

BBM. Someone? I guess legally they have to say 'someone' for the time being until they have enough evidence to charge those someone's.

jmo

Yes, people did report but MANY people who are now talking about the abuse in articles and on TV, did not. They did NOTHING!

If you see abuse and call DSS and they don't seem to do anything, you call again the next time you see/witness abuse. You call again and again till something is done. You call police. You take the child to the hospital when she is staying at your house for the weekend and talk to a doctor who is obligated by law to report suspected abuse. You keep talking and reporting till someone listens and does something to protect this child.

None of the family and friend's have seen this child for weeks. Why didn't they question? Why didn't they call police for a welfare check on the child?

Saying to themselves... well I called DSS a few weeks ago and they did nothing, why bother?

You bother because a child's life is at stake.

jmo

This, darlin gal- IMO- could not have been a more accurate post. Thank you.

as to 409812's suggestion that the short hair may have been lice related, that thought occurred to me as soon as I saw the photo's with the very short hair. It looks like my daughter's classmate's in a state of regrowth after a total SHAVE.

This is a little girl two blocks down that is in my daughters class. She has beautiful hair and had just gotten a really super cute very flattering new asymetrical bob that was sooo flattering with her features.

Saw here 1 week later and her head was quite literally shaved! Poor thing. She told me the whole household had lice so mom had shaved the head of every kid in the house (apparently it was easier than picking all the nits, although I noticed mom was the only one in the household of 7 that still had HER hair so she found time to pick her own nits and save her hair.)

Thanks for the thought 409812

Mornin everyone! Since my work puter is down, I thought I'd come check out the comments on her MS. wow!!!!! Just got to MaryL... :angel:

VERY odd! When I clicked the link, it brought me to Jose Baez' fb page then asked me to log into my FB account. Once I logged in, it brought me to Love for Zahra page.

What's up with that???

BBM. Someone? I guess legally they have to say 'someone' for the time being until they have enough evidence to charge those someone's.

jmo

That for sure- and I am just guessing here, but maybe they don't have full evidence of 'how', because evidence may take awhile.

VERY odd! When I clicked the link, it brought me to Jose Baez' fb page then asked me to log into my FB account. Once I logged in, it brought me to Love for Zahra page.

What's up with that???

It linked you somehow via another contact. Ah...the wonderful world of the internet.

The moves, I am guessing it was A.) Money B.) Perhaps to skip county's and avoid DSS Investigators or questions from teachers/schools C.) They had outstanding warrants on them

The hair could be lighter because of summer, or she could have put some of that spray lightener in it for summer. My mom let me do that when I was her age. You spray it on and lighten it with the sun/or a blow dryer. Sun-In?

I don't know darlin gal...step-mom is pretty and sinister. Zahra's hair in that pic is very blond. Guess I'm always looking for the underhanded sadistic meaning in all that she does, especially when it comes to beautiful Zahra. moo mho

I do like your explanation though. :) moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member