NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That picture is haunting for sure. I have noticed that she does do this closed mouth smile thing in a lot of pictures which also reminds me of Kiesha Abrahams.
Take this from an "old lady" who has had bad teeth her entire life. I just checked the 3 pics when you posted this - all 3 pics her mouth is closed. Wonder what condition her teeth were in? I know some antibiotics can "rot" them and that chemo is not very good for them either.

Now I have to go back and see if we have any other pics so I can see her teeth. I know I saw the video of the charity when she got the hearing aids and I didn't notice anything when she was speaking (and believe me I notice - its one of the first things I usually look at).

Have we seen these? Remember all those aliases I threw up on the screen two threads back? Here's a few of them all lined up!

Allred1.jpg

Allred2.jpg

Some people have speculated whether Zahra’s father, Adam Baker, was involved in his daughter’s murder. Baker’s boss, Fred Causby, doesn’t think so.
Causby owns Real Tree Services and operates the company on property at 2830 Hartland Road, about two miles due west of Foothills Regional Airport north of Morganton. He hired Baker as a laborer about six months ago.
“He started in March or April,” Causby said. “He’s just a hard-working individual.”
Causby gave his permission for law enforcement to search his property with a K-9 unit on Saturday. He said they were looking for Zahra’s remains on his industrial wood chipper and a 4-foot-high pile of wood chips.
Causby said the dog alerted on the chipper and the pile, but two days of intense searching by a combined force of Hickory police, Burke County deputies, SBI agents and FBI agents failed to turn up any evidence.
Sources in Hickory said investigators returned to the scene Tuesday night.

http://www2.morganton.com/news/2010...igation-focuses-morganton-business-ar-453178/

A little graphic perhaps:

What I am wondering is if the dogs alerted there, wouldn't there be a noticeable smell? I do not know much about decomp (nor do I really want to know) but this has me baffled.

I am just exhausted tonight.

I am not on here everyday but I have followed the Victoria Safford and Kyron Horman cases.

This one is unravelling SO fast and is SO horrific. My heart goes out to the family members in Australia and the families of her friends, classmates and ALL the people I am SURE who found her little spirit so inspiring!

The apple never falls far from the tree and this little girl was so bright and had such an enduring spirit, I am sure that she would have made a contribution, in her lifetime, to other children with illness or disabilities.

I do not usually allow myself to get this emotionally involved but my heart is bleeding tonight!

The "passport" pic - her hair. From the middle top down HER left side (our right) - that's a butcher job. Looks to me and this is JMHO but that is another example of this evil woman's anger/hate/lashing - doesn't it look like someone just grabbed handfuls of hair and cut; grab the next one and cut; and so on? Plus her left cheek and eye do look like she's been hit recently.

Thats exactly what I thought... if these photos are more recent than the ones of her with longer hair and looking happy and are not soon after the chemo (which I doubt as it was a while ago now) then i would find it VERY strange that someone would just cut a 10 year old girls hair off in what looks like a hack job? how awful as a young girl I would have been davasted (and still would be!) if someone did that to me..

Wise Old Owl - I was thinking that exact same thing today. I blew up a couple pictures of Zahra trying to see whether or not she had a hearing aid on in any of the pix.. This would give us a good idea of which pictures are newest .. But I noticed in several pictures that her hair was really chopped up. In one picture, you could clearly make out straight, blunt cuts on the side of her head. It reminds me of a time when I was five and cut my brother's hair while he was sleeping..

Does anyone think maybe someone was trying to make her look like a boy??? or have I just been here to long?

Take this from an "old lady" who has had bad teeth her entire life. I just checked the 3 pics when you posted this - all 3 pics her mouth is closed. Wonder what condition her teeth were in? I know some antibiotics can "rot" them and that chemo is not very good for them either.

Now I have to go back and see if we have any other pics so I can see her teeth. I know I saw the video of the charity when she got the hearing aids and I didn't notice anything when she was speaking (and believe me I notice - its one of the first things I usually look at).

I was thinking the same thing (another member of the bad teeth for life club here). I did find a couple pics of her showing teeth and the front top two seem to be a little crooked. See pics 6 & 9.

I haven't even read all the posts... on page 6... and what fresh hell did I just walk into. I'm not sure I was ready to see those pics of Zahra tonight, but boy.. what a difference. She looks like hell. And my anger is high....

From that interview when she got her hearings aids her teeth looked quite good. Maybe a little crooked or slightly bucked but nevertheless her teeth looked fine.

I do not usually allow myself to get this emotionally involved but my heart is bleeding tonight!

I find it much harder to distance myself when kids are involved. maybe because i work with kids? and love them dearly? or just because kids are so innocent, and hurting a child is so incomprehensible.

i think the fact that you're in pain over this shows the kind of person you are. that said, don't be afraid to take some distance if it's too much...

Okay I'm going to ask again and I'm sorry but what is this about Zahra's mom being 'on to them'. Who had custody in Australia and was the dad running from the bio mom? If so for what reason? I realize we might not know all the answers to this yet but anything you could tell me would help tremendously. I am very confused. I tried to find past posts regarding this and had no luck.

Allred?? What a 'striking' last name to choose as an alias!!

Off Topic:

Could the surname Allred have come from a previous marriage?

AKA or alias' are not always made up names but names we have used legally in the past KWIM?

The reason I ask is from puttering around genealogy websites while looking up some ancestors in the past, I remember that the surname Allred is deeply rooted and considered an "old" name IIRC the Carolina's or thereabouts?

I would never, ever judge someone based on their taste in music (though I am sometimes surprised). But this woman proudly declared herself a "Goth" and said she was proud of it. IMO, that's not relegated simply to music, but more of an overall lifestyle. A lifestyle suited to someone MUCH, MUCH younger.

That's JMO.

no offense but what does her age have to do with anything? Just who says we are suppose to dress and act a certain way once we pass the age of 40? Why should we have to give up our identiy, and the things that bring us joy, simply because we are older? It's offensive to me that people actually think that way.

This woman could have believed in UFO's and dressed in silver and she still would be the same monster.
CA could have gone EMO and she too would still be a monster.

Some of the biggest teddy bears I know are 50 year old tattooed bikers while some of the nastiest are in designer suits.

I'm sorry if I myself offend anyone with my post but this kind of stuff really bothers me.

Zahra Baker case: Police searching in Burke County

http://www.wcnc.com/news/Police-searching--104818544.html

Burke County Sheriff John McDevitt said Tuesday and Wednesday's intensive search off Hartland Road would last until investigators find what they are looking for or rule out the area. This search represents the fourth day investigators visited the property.

McDevitt said approximately 50 investigators were on scene, watching as a backhoe clears brush.

McDevitt said Tuesday night there have been "many hits" but none that he would call conclusive.

McDevitt confirmed that Adam Baker was on site with investigators. He characterized his behavior as "not exactly cooperative," adding that, in his opinion, Baker is not being truthful.

Green said he visited the home weeks ago, but Elisa Baker told him Zahra was sick and couldn't leave her room.

That includes next-door neighbor Charles Bost, who says Zahra's father and stepmother, Adam and Elisa Baker, chatted with him in the yard once or twice and mentioned their dog.

But, he says, in the month and a half the Baker's lived here, they never mentioned a daughter

Okay I'm going to ask again and I'm sorry but what is this about Zahra's mom being 'on to them'. Who had custody in Australia and was the dad running from the bio mom? If so for what reason? I realize we might not know all the answers to this yet but anything you could tell me would help tremendously. I am very confused. I tried to find past posts regarding this and had no luck.

In a MSM article way back there <------in the numerous threads! There was a report that stated that Zahra's Mother had been looking for her for about 5 yrs IIRC. She had been unaware of where Zahra was located until recently? Something to that effect ilovemew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honeybadger503