NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SM MS someone was looking for SM all day on 9-3-10.
I wonder if little Zahra was beaten to a coma, locked in her room.
Died from neglect. SM panicked and said she was missing! Wrote RNote.
and they both went into disposal mode.

Someone said that a dog could hit on chipper for lost finger.
I was thinking there wouldn't be as much blood as a whole body.
OMG...............
I wonder if investigaters have any news yet on the red goo glove???
If that is blood I see arrests shortly, anyone else????

As a victim of violent abuse myself, I can still remember DSS coming to visit and questioning me right in front of my abuser. Of course, I couldn't say a word. Later, a police officer came and questioned me. It was horrible for me because even my abuser was screaming for me to tell the nice officer who had hurt me. It was obviously a dare and I knew better than to say anything. Finally, I was at a neighbor's house and she noticed a bruise. She spoke to me at length about what was going on inside my home and she quickly drove me across town to another woman's house. I stayed there while my neighbor contacted the authorities. Before long, several women were gathered and discussing how they'd hide me if they needed to. One thing was apparent - these women were NOT letting me go back to that house. And I never did. I can't say I loved being in foster care, especially when they kept returning me to live with my abuser, but I'm alive today to tell about it. It's my opinion that it takes drastic action when you see that a child is in imminent danger. Not a dead end call to DSS or snapping a picture of a bruised face. That's like tossing a band-aid out the window of your car as drive past an accident scene and deciding that you rendered adequate aid and comfort. JMOO

Sure is a shame no one went to LE with this documented abuse of this child. All it would have taken is that photo and letting the proper authorities determine if it was accidental or caused by abuse.

Zahra, I am so sorry SO many let you down. Fly with the angels. Run and play. NO ONE will ever hurt you or let you down again. I wish we knew... we would have come and taken you from that home whatever the consequences may be. Even if the initial charges were kidnapping.... because once the evidence of what you were enduring came out, it is likely those charges would have been dropped. RIP sweetie.

Cubby this is worth repeating! It brought tears to my eyes.

I'm curious.

I watched the video last night of LE at the massive mulch pile. They were turning and moving earth with a backhoe and a scoop attached to a dump truck. Now if they believed a wood chipper was involved to the extent we believe is possible, then shouldn't they have been out there on their hands and knees, excavating it like an archeological dig?

If a chipper was used, it sure seems they'd potentially lose a lot of valuable evidence, throwing mulch, dirt, stumps and limbs around with heavy equipment. Right or wrong?

If she is where LE believes her to be, dental comparison for ID will be impossible.

Yes, Cubby, I'm very afraid of that. I know once someone is gone, the manner of their "disposal" (hate to even type like this) doesn't affect them. But it shows just how cruel and disrespectful and indifferent to their own child and the sanctity of human life the killer was.

So, if there's any bright lining to it (not that there ever really could be), it would be that the manner of disposal might make things even worse for her killer(s) when justice is dealt out.

what is the tatoo on SM arm???
She sure doesn't look 42 ..............
and I am sure she hates being dressed in PINK!

Her attorney, Scott Reilly, told the judge he believes her $40,000 bond is too high.
Channel 9 spoke with Reilly and prosecutors about the case on Wednesday afternoon. "She is scared to death. She's worried if her families out here and she is still emotional. It's scary coming out here and seeing all the court reporters and courtroom of people who are so much against here right now," Reilly said.
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25368912/detail.html

Go ahead throw maters' I have a catcher's mit and we are having fasgetti' for dinner, so I can make sauce.

That sounds good....I'll be there!

If she's released on bail, I think I'll take a trip to NC to visit my friends...

Road trip!

I have to take a minute and thank all the locals there for keeping us informed. It's hard news to keep up with considering the circumstances, but your efforts are very appreciated.

While I hate to give the defense any ammo - want to bet that when/if homicide related charges are announced we will here that there is an insanity plea being whispered around? They'll claim that SM was so out of touch with the real world that she didn't know what she was doing...with all that chatting/IMVU stuff. You know they'll bring that in.

As a victim of violent abuse myself, I can still remember DSS coming to visit and questioning me right in front of my abuser. Of course, I couldn't say a word. Later, a police officer came and questioned me. It was horrible for me because even my abuser was screaming for me to tell the nice officer who had hurt me. It was obviously a dare and I knew better than to say anything. Finally, I was at a neighbor's house and she noticed a bruise. She spoke to me at length about what was going on inside my home and she quickly drove me across town to another woman's house. I stayed there while my neighbor contacted the authorities. Before long, several women were gathered and discussing how they'd hide me if they needed to. One thing was apparent - these women were NOT letting me go back to that house. And I never did. I can't say I loved being in foster care, especially when they kept returning me to live with my abuser, but I'm alive today to tell about it. It's my opinion that it takes drastic action when you see that a child is in imminent danger. Not a dead end call to DSS or snapping a picture of a bruised face. That's like tossing a band-aid out the window of your car as drive past an accident scene and deciding that you rendered adequate aid and comfort. JMOO

How horrible! I thank the Lord you are here today. :hug:

And welcome to Websleuths! :blowkiss: We have many members here who have been through hell and back and they are the most caring and loving people you'll ever meet!

God Bless you Me. They come talk to the children in school now and anyone else who has observed the abuse.

Bless those women who helped you...sounds like our group here.

I'm curious.

I watched the video last night of LE at the massive mulch pile. They were turning and moving earth with a backhoe and a scoop attached to a dump truck. Now if they believed a wood chipper was involved to the extent we believe is possible, then shouldn't they have been out there on their hands and knees, excavating it like an archeological dig?

If a chipper was used, it sure seems they'd potentially lose a lot of valuable evidence, throwing mulch, dirt, stumps and limbs around with heavy equipment. Right or wrong?

I think they were doing that because they really don't know what area to search in or if evidence is buried deep. Once they found some evidence, they would sift very carefully I would think.

Mein NC,

I want to give you the biggest hug right now. God bless you! And your bandaid comparison brought tears to my eyes. It is so very true!

Her attorney, Scott Reilly, told the judge he believes her $40,000 bond is too high.
Channel 9 spoke with Reilly and prosecutors about the case on Wednesday afternoon. "She is scared to death. She's worried if her families out here and she is still emotional. It's scary coming out here and seeing all the court reporters and courtroom of people who are so much against here right now," Reilly said.

He's going to file a motion for a bond reduction. Can you imagine is she gets out? She's scared, she's worried if her family is there? Give me a break! She had a sleepless night? Good, I hope she NEVER has a restful night sleep for the rest of her sorry life.

I know she is innocent until proven guilty but...um.. gosh poor thing ( read that with heavy sarcasm)
I have followed this case in the local news but I wanted to take a break from work and see what take you guys had on it.

ht_zahra_101013_mn.jpg

A new photograph of missing 10-year-old Zahra Baker with a bruise under her eye surfaced today ... (snip for bandwidth)

I'm a few pages behind here so this may already have been said but GOOD HEAVENS....not only is she bruised but it looks to me like her whole FACE is swollen!!! I am surprised SM even allowed her to go visit anyone looking like this. Unless it was the old excuse that she'd banged into a door...again. Poor little Zahra....everytime I look at her adorable little face and brave smile, my heart breaks a thousand times all over again.

Oh Zahra how I wish you knew how many people would have jumped at the chance to have given you the safe and loving home that you SO deserved!!! I am so sad, and so sorry, that this all has happened to you.

Thanks, for what I can't remember, but one of the mods explained in the last thread, think it was Kimster. :angel:

Bless you & thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members