NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AY is EB's ex-husband. He is the father (stepfather?) of Elisa's daughter Brittany, according to his postings on newspaper pages. According to his facebook page, he is engaged to a woman with initials KR. Both AY and KR have pictures of Zahra as their profile pictures.

Salem, thanks for editing this for me!

Police say a lead from a K-9 unit searching that property turned out to be a false lead.

Hmm. Cadaver dogs rarely false hit and the reports I've seen say the dogs had multiple hits in that area (not just on the pile and chipper).

could be animal remains. dogs can't differentiate.

Called off....need more evidence. This is definitely NOT what I wanted to hear. I cant handle another case like Kyron and Haleigh's.....how are these people getting away with this stuff???

The problem in this case is that these two had too much time to get away with this crime. A little girl missing for a month should never be allowed to happen, but it did somehow. There is no telling what these two have been up to for the past few weeks to conceal this crime.

Now that there seems to be a lull in the info flow, I am posting my question again. I really would like to hear opinions on when Zahra died. Any ideas?

earlier question..

So when did Zahra actually die? The day/night of the mulch fire in the yard? Several days earlier? As early as mid September? Just how long could the Bakers (if responsible) hide the dead body of a 10 year old child? And where? In the house? In one of the cars? Under the mulch in the backyard?

If EB acted alone, just how long could she hide Zahra's body from her father?

I'm curious about the use of the phrase "specific evidence" on the heels of AB's cooperation issues especially. I think this thing is nowhere near cold. I think they have something. Big. And he's cracking, or she's cracking and they want that one bit of information that will put this all into crystal clear HD focus.

jmo...but that's not a phrase usually given out lightly. It's subtle, and inconclusive, and just the sort of thing to throw off the suspects.

There's no way these guys and gals are going to let this go cold. They've got too much heart in it, and too much emotion. They care too much to let it go. I feel like there's something still going on.

(and could i use the word 'I' more??):innocent:

could be animal remains. dogs can't differentiate.

I would hope they are smart enough to be using scent discriminating cadaver dogs. Those dogs absolutely can and DO discriminate between human and animal remains.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Search_and_rescue_dog[/ame]

Cadaver dogs can locate entire bodies (including those buried or submerged), decomposed bodies, body fragments (including blood, tissues, hair, and bones), or skeletal remains; the capability of the dog is dependent upon its training.....

............... This study showed the accuracy rates of cadaver dogs in moderate to adverse winter weather conditions, and also the dogs' capabilities to discriminate between animal and human remains. It indicated that an accuracy rate near 100% can be achieved through careful and directed training. /I]

Were the Bakers known to frequent a particular location either with or without their children?

Is Adam helping.... Is Adam not helping....

Adam will cooperate as long as he feels he is safe and clear. IMO there is no way he doesn't know what happened to Zahra! Weather he ignored the abuse, participated in the abuse or helped dispose of this angels body he is involved somhow... IMO

They both make me sick! :furious:

OK, so am I to understand there are no links to her searching for Zahra for the last 5 years? I thought someone had provided the links earlier. Maybe I am just losing my mind - with all these cases lately crazy and heartbreaking :confused::furious:

I think when it was first discussed here, it was based on a TV interview, but here's a link to a print article that references her claim (see very end of article): http://charlotte.news14.com/content...issing-girl-turns-into-homicide-investigation

I suspect a lot of media outlets have edited out this info from published articles, after realizing it couldn't be true. There was a lot of noise about it when she first said it, but now hard to find anything about it in online print media.

Now that there seems to be a lull in the info flow, I am posting my question again. I really would like to hear opinions on when Zahra died. Any ideas?

earlier question..

So when did Zahra actually die? The day/night of the mulch fire in the yard? Several days earlier? As early as mid September? Just how long could the Bakers (if responsible) hide the dead body of a 10 year old child? And where? In the house? In one of the cars? Under the mulch in the backyard?

If EB acted alone, just how long could she hide Zahra's body from her father?

IMHO I just can't say yet. I don't have enough info on the timeline to even ponder.

I'm sorry.

I am confused. :waitasec:

Several people posted the search has been called off but this link states there is currently a massive search underway (it was updated about 20 minutes ago)!

There is also a video that shows the investigators have returned to where they drained the pond last night.

There was a case many years ago in NY that was very famous, the Nussbaum/Steinberg case.

Those who are brainwashed/abused are tools to the abuser.

I'm not sure if its the case here, but it appears it might perhaps be.

He may not be a pleasant person, for sure, but there just seem elements that would lead me to think it could be the case.

I'm not even close to being ready to believe that Adam was abused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peachesisjenny