Still Missing NC - Zebb Quinn, 18, Asheville, 2 Jan 2000 *Arrest in 2017*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Zeb was from family that had traditional values. Even though he was technically an adult he knew that they didn't approve of misty .Misty could definitely convince him to stay in a hotel room while she talked to the police. Zeb would've done anything for Misty when they found zeb's car they found a hotel room key. I believe the dog that was left in the car was a gift to Misty from zeb .Given the fact that zeb was close to my age and in my extended social circle at the time. It was common being 19 years old with 1 foot in your parents house in 1 foot in the real world to get away with your girlfriend for a few days and stay in a hotel. It's hard to see this scenario as plausible but given the time period I find it so. We have to remember this is pre-video chat pre-face time pre cell phones. Young lovers had to literally hide if they want to spend time together . Misty's mom worked for zeb's parents she saw him as a meal ticket in my opinion she could've been setting him up to get more money who knows. She is just as guilty as Jason Owens and Wesley they're all in on this. Any local who knows the case will tell you the same Misty and Wesley should be in jail with Jason right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zeb was from family that had traditional values. Even though he was technically an adult he knew that they didn't approve of misty .Misty could definitely convince him to stay in a hotel room while she talked to the police. Zeb would've done anything for Misty when they found zeb's car they found a hotel room key. I believe the dog that was left in the car was a gift to Misty from zeb .Given the fact that zeb was close to my age and in my extended social circle at the time. It was common being 19 years old with 1 foot in your parents house in 1 foot in the real world to get away with your girlfriend for a few days and stay in a hotel. It's hard to see this scenario as plausible but given the time period I find it so. We have to remember this is pre-video chat pre-face time pre cell phones. Young lovers had to literally hide if they want to spend time together . Misty's mom worked for zeb's parents she saw him as a meal ticket in my opinion she could've been setting him up to get more money who knows. She is just as guilty as Jason Owens and Wesley they're all in on this. Any local who knows the case will tell you the same Misty and Wesley should be in jail with Jason right now.

I agree on that. However, I don't think there is any concrete proof that Misty and Zebb were secret lovers. He was into her, she wasn't into him. Everything I've seen and read from the case suggests that Misty viewed Zebb as her "friend" but that he was the one who wanted to be more than just friends.

From the perspective of a local resident, would you say the police investigation that followed the disappearance was properly done?

You see that's the thing we can see Misty had no real interest in Zeb . zeb could not come to this conclusion ,again zeb had a documented learning disability that made him some what naïve misty was everything to zeb . So when I say "lovers " It's what I believe zeb thought of the relationship .weeks before the disappearance Zeb was taking Misty and her small child on what appeared to be a small shopping spree. As I said earlier this was love for zeb but more of a meal ticket for misty . Misty was not as cold as west and Jason thus the lips on the back window . This was common among girls her age if you had a crush on a guy write a note on his back window if it was homecoming write go team on your back window it fits right into the behavior of a girl in her late teens. She played Zeb and manipulated him made him believe he had a chance with her . Mind you she has a child fathered by Wesley and is in a relationship with Wesley as this deception with zeb is playing out .

Regarding how the police handled the case . It was just way too much for a small sleepy mountain town police force to handle. The case was botched from day one.

You see that's the thing we can see Misty had no real interest in Zeb . zeb could not come to this conclusion ,again zeb had a documented learning disability that made him some what naïve misty was everything to zeb . So when I say "lovers " It's what I believe zeb thought of the relationship .weeks before the disappearance Zeb was taking Misty and her small child on what appeared to be a small shopping spree. As I said earlier this was love for zeb but more of a meal ticket for misty . Misty was not as cold as west and Jason thus the lips on the back window . This was common among girls her age if you had a crush on a guy write a note on his back window if it was homecoming write go team on your back window it fits right into the behavior of a girl in her late teens. She played Zeb and manipulated him made him believe he had a chance with her . Mind you she has a child fathered by Wesley and is in a relationship with Wesley as this deception with zeb is playing out .

Regarding how the police handled the case . It was just way too much for a small sleepy mountain town police force to handle. The case was botched from day one.

What you say about Misty's attitude is correct. There is however one problem. Assuming she was manipulating him by making him believe he had a chance with her, how do you explain the fact that, according to your theory, they took a hotel room together and spend some time there before he vanished?? People just don't do that especially not teenagers, especially not teenagers who have a boyfriend and a kid.

THANK YOU! I hate to sound like a dick but I've been saying the same thing ever since I started looking into this case. It's incredible how a lot of these cases are botched by police and investigators, you would think they would be prepared for every scenario.

If Owens had help, why isn't he singing like a bird from his prison cell, trying to get something in return? Or perhaps he has, and they're trying to get evidence. I was told by a reliable source that LE thinks he is so evil we may never know the truth.

If Owens had help, why isn't he singing like a bird from his prison cell, trying to get something in return? Or perhaps he has, and they're trying to get evidence. I was told by a reliable source that LE thinks he is so evil we may never know the truth.

Criminals have special minds, they are difficult to process. Perhaps Owens is exercizing his right to silence. He already murdered that Food Network presenter and her husband earlier this year and he could face the death penalty for that. At this point, there is hardly anything good he can get in return for a confession for Zebb's disappearance/alleged murder. The best Owens could do is drag people down with him but he can't pull himself back up, not at this point. Either way, LE don't need Owens. They need to find out why Misty was spotted driving Zebb's car before it was found and find out who broke in Zebb's aunt house to page him.

Mystery endures in Codd slayings, Quinn disappearance
2:38 p.m. EDT October 25, 2015
http://www.citizen-times.com/story/...s-codd-slayings-quinn-disappearance/74340472/

But seven months gone, the arrest of the man who long has been considered a key to unlocking the Quinn investigation has yielded no visible breakthroughs.

Police have named Owens and at least two others as persons of interest in the case. Instead, the passing months raise new questions in both investigations regarding forensics and a search of a popular recreation area.

Remains believed to be those of the Codds have yet to be publicly identified. The cause of a suspicious fire on Owens’ property after his arrest remains under investigation.

And at least two property searches linked to the Quinn investigation — including one in the popular National Forest destination — have left unanswered that enduring question: What happened to Zebb?

more at link.

Criminals have special minds, they are difficult to process. Perhaps Owens is exercizing his right to silence. He already murdered that Food Network presenter and her husband earlier this year and he could face the death penalty for that. At this point, there is hardly anything good he can get in return for a confession for Zebb's disappearance/alleged murder. The best Owens could do is drag people down with him but he can't pull himself back up, not at this point. Either way, LE don't need Owens. They need to find out why Misty was spotted driving Zebb's car before it was found and find out who broke in Zebb's aunt house to page him.
If thats the case then he is likely using zebb as a back up plan so that when they go to negotiate the first 2 murders he can say hey i know this and ill give you the info if u take away the death penalty...

Thank you, Kate. Your post basically confirms what I said earlier even before I read this article : Owens is exercizing his right to remain silent. He has lawyered up and won't be talking anytime soon.

This story is on the front page of the Asheville Citizen-Times today. I may not be remembering all the details....was this the first mention of searching the Bent Creek area? I don't remember hearing about that.

Yes the Bent Creek search did not make the news until last night/this morning.

Ok, I think they updated the article because it now states they died around 3/11 or 3/12.

Was this a numeric pager? How could Zebb have communicated that he was at the aunt's house and threatening Mistry with a page?
I was talking about Wesley, Misty's boyfriend, not Zebb. Wesley could have broken in Zebb's aunt house to threaten Zebb using his aunt's pager.
I said the wrong name. Whoever placed the page, doesn't the page simply send whatever numbers you enter? Why would the person placing the page need to break into a house? How would the person convey something important, like that Misty's in peril, with a page?

I said the wrong name. Whoever placed the page, doesn't the page simply send whatever numbers you enter? Why would the person placing the page need to break into a house? How would the person convey something important, like that Misty's in peril, with a page?

He was frantic after calling the phone number that he received on the pager (the number was for his aunt's house). The call to his pager was confirmed by phone records.

His aunt said there was no one at the house when the pager was called, but later reported that there was evidence that someone broke in but didn't take anything.

Posting on the anniversary. There's apart of me that's actually pretty confident we may finally get some real answers on the 16th year of this case going unsolved.

No news as of late, I've rarely seen a case that has frustrated people so much. How they can't find out anything to tie Owens to the disappearance is beyond me.

No news as of late, I've rarely seen a case that has frustrated people so much. How they can't find out anything to tie Owens to the disappearance is beyond me.
Everything was always my fault.

Thank you Tarik. I was just thinking about Zebb.

It will probably great benefit if fresh eyes took a look at this case. DUH

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs. Lopes
Back