Found Deceased ND - Andrew Sadek, 20, Wahpeton, 1 May 2014 *alledged undercover drug informant*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I know but I don't understand what difference it makes as it relates to this discussion. Is your point that you are trying to make Andrew out as the bad guy because it was by the school? Andrew lived on campus. It wasn't like he was targeting children. Also to be noted, Andrew wasn't in the pot business to make money. He sold a total of $80 worth of pot on 2 occasions... (So they say....). At this point, I don't know if I believe ANYTHING SEMCA is saying. I'd be asking for ALL PROOF related to the original charges.

The people of ND should be outraged that one of their sons has died this way.

He was selling drugs. Illegal in the state he was living and selling them within 1000 feet of a school which in that state is a felony.

Continually dismissing, minimizing and justifying someone's illegal actions, particularly as it pertains to selling drugs, doesn't do ANYONE any good.

Pointing out the facts as they are known also is simply that. It's not anyone on here trying to make him look bad, HE BY HIS OWN ACTIONS made himself look bad.

I'm sorry this kid is dead and I don't know what happened but don't gloss over what he was doing.

I know but I don't understand what difference it makes as it relates to this discussion. Is your point that you are trying to make Andrew out as the bad guy because it was by the school? Andrew lived on campus. It wasn't like he was targeting children. Also to be noted, Andrew wasn't in the pot business to make money. He sold a total of $80 worth of pot on 2 occasions... (So they say....). At this point, I don't know if I believe ANYTHING SEMCA is saying. I'd be asking for ALL PROOF related to the original charges.

The people of ND should be outraged that one of their sons has died this way.

(BBM)

So here's the deal, I have an open mind, I've been around the block more times than the Girl Scouts selling cookies. And you want me to believe here that this kid was framed by the cops for selling $80 bucks worth of grass?

Ask yourself WHAT would he have to offer the police that any other kid out there selling a bag of weed wouldn't ? Do you have any idea how many people out there sell weed? Or just give it away? What would make them target Andrew?

The sad truth is that if people think he was selling drugs, you are correct, they are not going to get up in arms about it.

The grieving process is horrific. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. But acceptance of someone's behavior can be a first step.

He was selling drugs. Illegal in the state he was living and selling them within 1000 feet of a school which in that state is a felony.

Continually dismissing, minimizing and justifying someone's illegal actions, particularly as it pertains to selling drugs, doesn't do ANYONE any good.

Pointing out the facts as they are known also is simply that. It's not anyone on here trying to make him look bad, HE BY HIS OWN ACTIONS made himself look bad.

I'm sorry this kid is dead and I don't know what happened but don't gloss over what he was doing.

I agree. What good does it do to discuss a case if you're going to sanatize the facts. They are what they are. People/parents should be outraged he was selling drugs within 1000 ft of a school. As far as being outraged over his death, it hasn't been determined if it was a homicide or a suicide. If his family thinks it was a homicide, I can understand why they're upset and want answers. If it was a homicide, what if he was killed during a drug deal gone bad? Is that something the people of the state should be outraged about? Well, they won't be. Trust me on that one.

(BBM)

So here's the deal, I have an open mind, I've been around the block more times than the Girl Scouts selling cookies. And you want me to believe here that this kid was framed by the cops for selling $80 bucks worth of grass?

Ask yourself WHAT would he have to offer the police that any other kid out there selling a bag of weed wouldn't ? Do you have any idea how many people out there sell weed? Or just give it away? What would make them target Andrew?

The sad truth is that if people think he was selling drugs, you are correct, they are not going to get up in arms about it.

The grieving process is horrific. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. But acceptance of someone's behavior can be a first step.

Umm.. I am not saying SEMCA killed anybody. I'm saying that I don't trust ANYTHING they say. What I am saying is that who is to say that the details related to Andrew's original charges are false. They have provided NO DETAILS to the family about the original charges! SEMCA are the only people that knew anything about the charges! So who is to say they didn't bust Andrew on pot charges & then ask him to be an informant at that time? He gets on the wrong side of the drug dealers & gets murdered... SEMCA doesn't know what Andrew had told anyone... They want what all of you are apparently thinking... "Andrew was a bad kid selling pot," "Andrew was playing with fire," "Andrew committed suicide because he was in trouble," etc... The thing is: none of us know any of the details. The only "details" we know are extremely fishy (I.e. Releasing a warrant for year old charges after he was missing for a week) & they've LIED about things already (I.e. Clothes he was wearing and whether or not he was an informant...).

If the charges are true, Andrew sold the pot where the LE asked him for it. Did he ask him to do it on school grounds so the charges would be a felony so they would have more "power" over getting him to work as an informant? Um... More than likely so.

SEMCA's hands are dirty. They are the professionals. Andrew was just a 19-year old pawn in their scheme that ended up losing his life.

I believe students will do ANYTHING to not have tell parents about the trouble they get into when they go away to school. When LE gave Andrew an "out" from having to deliver that news to mom and dad, he took it. It is quite possible Andrew took the 22 for protection and it was taken away and used on him by the killer. What is the trajectory and location of the bullet wound to his head? Was it a right handed or left handed wound if "self inflicted"? Was it a close shot or from a distance? Had Andrew asked for his parents help and an attorney he probably would be alive today, IMO. The fact still remains that some SEMCA detective(s) wanting to further his career using a naïve student should be exposed and embarrassed at the minimum.

JMO's

I believe students will do ANYTHING to not have tell parents about the trouble they get into when they go away to school. When LE gave Andrew an "out" from having to deliver that news to mom and dad, he took it. It is quite possible Andrew took the 22 for protection and it was taken away and used on him by the killer. What is the trajectory and location of the bullet wound to his head? Was it a right handed or left handed wound if "self inflicted"? Was it a close shot or from a distance? Had Andrew asked for his parents help and an attorney he probably would be alive today, IMO. The fact still remains that some SEMCA detective(s) wanting to further his career using a naïve student should be exposed and embarrassed at the minimum.

JMO's

He shouldn't have had that gun on a college campus in the first place. Whose fault is it that he got involved in drugs? HIS! None of this would have happened if he hadn't. He made the choice.

We don't know for a fact that Andrew had a weapon on campus. We do know for a fact he never got his day in court for selling. $80.00 of pot is less than an ounce which I believe is a misdemeanor. So Rocco is it your position that Andrew had it coming to him that he made choices that he made? I hope not.

JMO's

Let's get the facts straight once and for all. He was charged for delivery within 1000 ft of a school---a class A felony. He was also charged with possession of drug paraphenalia. It's all there in the ND official court records so it's a FACT. Where is your source that he sold $80 worth of pot? [modsnip] I said he is responsible for getting himself into this drug mess. If he killed himself, he is responsible for his death. If not, the person who killed him is responsible for his death.

http://www.valleynewslive.com/story/25418477/warrant-issued-for-the-arrest-of-missing-ndscs-student
Court records out of Richland County show two incidents involving drugs on April 4 and April 9, 2013. Sadek was charged with Delivery within 1000 feet of a school. Police say Sadek delivered 2.22 grams of marijuana in a parking lot on the NDSCS campus in Wahpeton on April 4, 2013. Another delivery of 1.3 grams of marijuana was made on April 9, 2013 in the same parking lot. Sadek is also charged with possession of drug paraphernalia.

So we're talking an eighth of an ounce between the two transactions. Now, I can't speak to Andrew's motives/scenario, but I can offer a page out of my own history. When I was in high school, I sold very small amounts of pot to my friends. I did not do this to make money. I did this because I got a bit of free pot out of the deal. Andrew did have paraphernalia on him, so he possibly was using pot as well. Perhaps he had a similar set up to what I did. (Moo and all that jazz).

Disclaimer: I'm not posting this for the purpose of determining "right" from "wrong" nor am I interested in any judgments regarding my own past. Just wanted to offer my own thoughts based on my own experiences for another perspective.

http://www.valleynewslive.com/story/25418477/warrant-issued-for-the-arrest-of-missing-ndscs-student

So we're talking an eighth of an ounce between the two transactions. Now, I can't speak to Andrew's motives/scenario, but I can offer a page out of my own history. When I was in high school, I sold very small amounts of pot to my friends. I did not do this to make money. I did this because I got a bit of free pot out of the deal. Andrew did have paraphernalia on him, so he possibly was using pot as well. Perhaps he had a similar set up to what I did. (Moo and all that jazz).

Disclaimer: I'm not posting this for the purpose of determining "right" from "wrong" nor am I interested in any judgments regarding my own past. Just wanted to offer my own thoughts based on my own experiences for another perspective.

Thanks for your post. It makes sense that some people sell for a cut of the goods if they use it themselves. Strange the person claiming he didn't sell for money couldn't answer the question. So let me ask you this (if you happen to know). If he sold a total of 1/8 of an ounce, would that cost $80? If that's correct, a full ounce would cost $640. Something about those figures doesn't seem right to me.

Thanks for your post. It makes sense that some people sell for a cut of the goods if they use it themselves. Strange the person claiming he didn't sell for money couldn't answer the question. So let me ask you this (if you happen to know). If he sold a total of 1/8 of an ounce, would that cost $80? If that's correct, a full ounce would cost $640. Something about those figures doesn't seem right to me.

I'll try to help. I would put the value of an eighth anywhere from $25-$40 (depending on quality, where you live, the dealer, etc). Buying larger amounts at one time could yield you a discount but that would be up to the dealer. I'd say $200 or less for an ounce would be about right (again, this can absolutely vary; I'm no expert and honestly have no idea how much pot would sell for in ND specifically). Moo, Moo, Moo.

I am going to throw a couple of things I was thinking about out there!
It sounds to me like Andrew got caught with the drugs. SEMCA offered to keep the details a secret
from his family & friends if he helped them get the bigger fish.
He gets the gun for protection in case something happens with bigger fish.
He works for SEMCA and something goes wrong and he ends up missing.
SEMCA releases the warrants to take pressure off them for using him as an informant
and to make his death look like a drug deal gone bad.I am not saying SEMCA killed him.But I do
think they know exactly what happened to him.
If Andrew was meeting someone at 2am(big fish)I would think he call his handlers and tell
them about the meeting.Did SEMCA go to the meeting place and watch,but things went bad?We don't know!
Or did Andrew put rocks in BP and shoot himself in the lake at 2am?The problem with this is..there is no gun!
Why did SEMCA lie about what he was found in?
What do they gain from that?
Where is the gun?

So many questions?

I believe that if SEMCA was using him as an informant, they would not let him go for a full year without bearing any fruits from that tree. Nor would they just not file those warrants for a year without his cooperation with them. So during that whole year who did they (SEMCA) bust based on Andrew's information? If the "bigger fish" caught wind of a small dealer/informant cramping his style and costing him money. Somebody's going to get hurt and a message is going to be sent. At the end of the deal Andrew only got a thank you note in the form of arrest warrants 13 months after his "sales".

JMO's

Why release the warrants to the public,when they could have kept that private?
I mean the young man was missing,but they release them anyway.
Something is not right about that to me!

Were the charges brought against him after he was found or while he was missing? I ask wondering if filing them would have brought in other agencies to assist with the search.

They were a yr before and 13 mnths later they release the warrants while he was missing

They were a yr before and 13 mnths later they release the warrants while he was missing
Is it possible that releasing them during the time he was missing allowed them to utilize other agencies and LE departments to help locate him? Or it justified adding other LE to the search since there was a warrent?

Is it possible that releasing them during the time he was missing allowed them to utilize other agencies and LE departments to help locate him? Or it justified adding other LE to the search since there was a warrent?

I would think a phone call would have done that.
We have an informant missing...can you lead a hand.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fangirl88
Back