ND ND - Arthur Wiebe, 19, left his family's shop, no phone, Moorhead poss was trying to get home to Hunter during rainstorm, 1 Jul 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
449772121_792449306405830_2802778415497758815_n.jpg

screen-shot-2024-07-04-at-41705-pm.webp

The Moorhead Police Department Continues to Request the Public's Assistance in Locating Missing Person

Arthur Wiebe has yet to be located. We continue asking for the public's help checking property and outbuildings. When Arthur left his last known location in the 4100 block of 34 Avenue South, he was traveling westbound, but we were unsure how far.

He may have been attempting to return to his Hunter, ND, residence but needed to seek shelter due to the rainstorm that was occurring at the time.

Arthur does not have any known disabilities or medical problems; however, he is described as having minimal life experience and a very small social network. He does not own a cell phone or have any access to electronic funds. It is believed he had a minimal amount of cash on him when he was last seen.

Anyone that has any information regarding this case is asked to call the Red River Regional Dispatch Center at 701.451.7660

Attached are surveillance photos of when he was last seen.

Original Release from 7.3.2024

Arthur Wiebe, age 19, of Hunter, ND, was last seen in the 4100 block of 34 Avenue South, Moorhead, on Monday, July 1, 2024, at approximately 10:00 pm.

Arthur is a white male, 5'8, 140 lbs, with blonde hair and blue eyes. He was last seen wearing a bright blue hoodie, jeans, and black Sketcher sneakers. Currently, friends and family are actively searching the area where Arthur was last seen. Residents and businesses in the area are asked to check their property and any video footage they may have.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Red River Regional Dispatch Center at 701.451.7660.

Wiebe was last seen leaving the family shop on the 4100 block of 34th Ave. S. He was walking westbound and "may have been attempting to return" to his home in Hunter, North Dakota, but may have "needed to seek shelter due to the rainstorm that was occurring a the time," Moorhead police said.

Arthur looks very young in the picture, even for a 19 year old, IMO. I wonder why it was mentioned that Arthur has minimal life experience and a very small social network? It seems a bit odd to say that, no?

Moorhead to Hunter is about 40 miles.

Google Maps

ETA: Moorhead is in MN, Hunter is in ND. There's already a thread for Arthur and I've notified a mod to merge them.

Last edited:
“Sunday would’ve been the last day that I saw him.”

That’s what Courtenie Wiebe said when asked about the last encounter she had with her missing brother, Arthur. He was last seen at 10 p.m. on Monday at the 4100 block of 34th Avenue South in Moorhead. Security video is the only thing his family has to go off of, especially since Arthur doesn’t have a phone.

“My dad was still here when Arthur left. So he didn’t realize that he had left the property. There was a bit of an argument and my dad went back inside and then when he came back out, Arthur was gone.”

“When he gets to the intersection, we don’t know if he went right, left, or straight. We’ve been canvasing the neighborhood. Passing out flyers. Asking people to check their ring cameras.”

“He looked a bit pale but other than that I didn’t think anything. I just thought ‘Oh, Arthur looks a little pale.’ I didn’t know if he was feeling sick or something but other than that, I didn’t think of anything,” said Teresa Johnson, another family member of Arthur’s.

last seen in the 4100 block of 34th Avenue South, Moorhead on Monday, July 1st at 10:00 p.m

Authorities believe he might have been trying to return to his home, but needed to seek shelter due to a rainstorm.

Investigators say he may have only a minimal amount of cash on his person.

Wiebe has no cell phone or vehicle, according to the BCA.

screenshot-2024-07-04-at-1-42-09-pm.png

Wiebe is 5 feet, 8 inches tall and weighs 140 pounds. He has blonde hair and blue eyes, and was last seen wearing a blue hooded sweatshirt, gray pants and dark shoes, the agency said. He was also believed to be wearing black Sketchers sneakers.

last seen in the 4100 block of 34th Avenue South, Moorhead on Monday, July 1st at 10:00 p.m

Authorities believe he might have been trying to return to his home, but needed to seek shelter due to a rainstorm.

Investigators say he may have only a minimal amount of cash on his person.

Wiebe has no cell phone or vehicle, according to the BCA.

screenshot-2024-07-04-at-1-42-09-pm.png

Wiebe is 5 feet, 8 inches tall and weighs 140 pounds. He has blonde hair and blue eyes, and was last seen wearing a blue hooded sweatshirt, gray pants and dark shoes, the agency said. He was also believed to be wearing black Sketchers sneakers.
Poor guy. He looks stressed out. He’s 19 and doesn’t own a cell phone? I hope he comes home soon or goes someplace where he can get help and support to be free and live his own life.

It is very unusual for a 19-year-old to not have a phone, and not have access to a vehicle or bank cards. The way he is dressed, and his general look, make me wonder if he might be a member of a religious group....maybe one of the Anabaptist religions such as Mennonites or Amish. I did a quick search, and it seems that the group that is most prominent in that ND area is the Hutterites. I'm not familiar with that group, but the brief synopsis I read indicated that they are similar to Mennonites, and that they are not against technology like some of the other Anabaptist groups. I might be totally off about Arthur, but for a 19 year old to have little life experience, combined with his look, that's just the impression I had.

I hope he wasn't caught in the storm without shelter, and hope that he'll be found safely.

The video at this link shows him walking away from the business. His sister and another family member are interviewed, and his sister said that he had an argument with his father before he left. The family member said that his dad works on trucks and speculated that Arthur might trust truckers and might have hitched a ride with one of them. He was home schooled and has just a few friends who have not heard from him.

Seeing his family in the video, they have a more modern look, so I might have been wrong about my impression of him.

is there someone in Hunter that he has emotional ties with? Is he kept isolated by family at home?
40 miles is far, but if you’re desperate and in the mood to hitchhike, it may seem plausibly entertainable to a young male?

Unfortunately, it reminds me of Chance Engleberg, who got into a fight with family and walked off right before a downpour and hasn’t been seen since.
I hope Arthur is safe and found very soon :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
distrustHUMANS24
Back