ND ND - Jonett Wanner, 50, West Fargo, 11 Jul 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

TwinkieDefense

Reaction score
July 18, 2023 short article - please call WFPD at (701) 515-5500 with information.

[…]

They are looking for 50-year-old Jonett Wanner, who was last seen on July 11 around 2:30 p.m. She may be driving a grey 2017 Nissan Rogue with ND plates 261AZY. Authorities say she may also be traveling whit her dog.

[…]

Image of Jonett Wanner | Courtesy: West Fargo Police Department
(West Fargo, ND) -- The West Fargo Police Department is asking for help in locating 50-year-old Jonett Wanner.

Wanner was last seen leaving work on July 11th at around 2:30 p.m., and may be traveling in a grey 2017 Nissan Rogue with North Dakota License Places 261AZY. Wanner may be traveling with her dog.

Police urge anyone with information on Wanner's whereabouts to come forward.

(West Fargo, ND) -- The West Fargo Police Department is asking for help in locating 50-year-old Jonett Wanner.

Wanner was last seen leaving work on July 11th at around 2:30 p.m., and may be traveling in a grey 2017 Nissan Rogue with North Dakota License Places 261AZY. Wanner may be traveling with her dog.

Police urge anyone with information on Wanner's whereabouts to come forward.
I'm finding it difficult to find any other info on Jonett. Pretty much every article I read is just a repeat of the one before.
Is any family speaking out?

Hi, I am family and stumbled upon this post.

Jonett is still missing. She was last heard from at her home via work at 2:30 on July 11th. She works from home and her work computer was at her home after she did not show up to her work duties the next day. Jonett’s phone was left in her home. Her dog and her dogs bed are missing from the home. Her grey 2017 Nissan Rogue with North Dakota license plates 261AZY is not at home. If neighbors or anyone in the area have access to their home camera, please consider looking through footage as there are little to no leads.

Jonett was raised in Wishek, ND. She still has family in that area, along with the Fargo and West Fargo area where she was currently residing. She was recently attending church more frequently and went to Holy Cross Catholic church. We do not know where she would travel as she never really traveled alone. She does not have a very large social circle and was fairly reserved. It appears she would have her purse with identification on her but she has not spent any money that we know of. She has been single and we do not have any evidence of her talking to anyone new online or in person. It would not be like her to just disappear without telling her twin sister, brother, or daughter.

Wanner2.jpg

JUL 25, 2023
[...]

It’s been an exhausting two weeks for her family, who have been traveling to areas Jonett would frequent.

“She used to have a lake cabin on Leaf Lake. So, trying to go to that area as well, thinking there. She used to travel with her daughter to the Duluth area as well as to the Sauk Lake area. And to the west, originally, we’re from the Wishek area, Wishek-Napoleon area, So, you have people out there passing flyers, looking for the vehicles,” says Jonett’s sister-in-law, AA.

[...]

“She hasn’t used any of her credit cards or any of her cash that she has. So, there’s no place to search, to even start,” said Jonett’s brother, JA.

[...]

JUL 26, 2023
[...]

West Fargo Police said there are no new updates, and the department is “doing everything possible to locate Jonett.”

“I’m thinking it’s probably because we don’t really have a lead of where she might be. We don’t have a direction of where she might be or anything,” Bachman said. “That’s why we really need people to help us out if they spot anything or see anything. Just let us know so we can go search that area.”

Wanner’s family said she’s always been good about telling them if she goes on vacation.

[...]

two people stand next to a street post on either sign of a missing poster

Joenell Bachman, identical twin of Jonett Wanner, is shown with their brother, Jeff Aberle, near Wanner's home in the Shadow Creek neighborhood of West Fargo

Deputies from neighboring Stutsman County brought a boat and sonar equipment, a dive team, and drones to assist those in Barnes County on Wednesday, Aug. 2, searching a trio of lakes southwest of Valley City for any signs of the woman or her gray 2017 Nissan Rogue.

They searched in and around St. Mary's, Moon and Sweetwater lakes, family members said. A Civil Air Patrol plane out of Bismarck also joined to search by air.

Wanner's identical twin sister, Joenell Bachman, was holding out hope for something, anything.

"It was an emotional day," Bachman said, her eyes brimming with tears.

Was just reading this article. I couldn't help but feel like it quotes some aspects of Mlthurn's post almost verbatim, so I suspect the media may have located this thread.

Sad, unusual case. Sounds like she was very self-sufficient and a lot of family is worried about her. Hope there is some resolution to come soon.

August 11, 2023

WEST FARGO — A promising tip about a missing West Fargo woman that led to an extensive search more than 50 miles from her home turned out not to be valid.

Earlier this month, a rural Valley City farmer contacted the Barnes County Sheriff’s Office to say he spoke with a woman matching Jonett Wanner's description. The woman drove up to the farmer's shop on St. Mary's Lake asking for directions around the time Wanner disappeared.

But a Sheriff’s Office spokesperson said after word got out about the possible sighting, another woman called them to say it was actually her who had talked to the farmer that day.

Jeff Aberle, Wanner’s brother, said it’s a disappointing development.

“It has been a hard week to process the news, as we felt it was such a good lead,” he said.

A West Fargo Police Department spokesperson said there were no new updates on the investigation as of Friday, Aug. 11.

Aberle said with the tip not panning out, the family feels like they’re back at square one as to the direction Wanner went after leaving her house that day.

He said he hopes people will continue to keep an eye out for her and her vehicle.

A Valley City area farmer reported talking to a woman at a farm shop who he believed to be Jonette Wanner, who's been missing from West Fargo since July. Law enforcement personnel, search teams, and dive times combed areas surrounding Valley City, but found no sign of the missing woman. Authorities say a woman has since come forward to say it was her in the farm shop that day, not Wanner.

Jonette Wanner still hasn't been located, and anyone with information on her whereabouts is asked to contact the West Fargo Police Department. You can find more details by clicking here.

Hi, I am family and stumbled upon this post.

Jonett is still missing. She was last heard from at her home via work at 2:30 on July 11th. She works from home and her work computer was at her home after she did not show up to her work duties the next day. Jonett’s phone was left in her home. Her dog and her dogs bed are missing from the home. Her grey 2017 Nissan Rogue with North Dakota license plates 261AZY is not at home. If neighbors or anyone in the area have access to their home camera, please consider looking through footage as there are little to no leads.

Jonett was raised in Wishek, ND. She still has family in that area, along with the Fargo and West Fargo area where she was currently residing. She was recently attending church more frequently and went to Holy Cross Catholic church. We do not know where she would travel as she never really traveled alone. She does not have a very large social circle and was fairly reserved. It appears she would have her purse with identification on her but she has not spent any money that we know of. She has been single and we do not have any evidence of her talking to anyone new online or in person. It would not be like her to just disappear without telling her twin sister, brother, or daughter.

View attachment 436493
Hello and welcome to WebSleuth. I hope you will consider applying for a verified insider as family. I’m so sorry Janett hasn’t been found yet. There is always hope…

From @imstilla.grandma post above about LE checking the vehicle tag:

I hope the "family" who posted comes back and advises if they have any idea why her vehicle would have been in Stearns County a month after she went missing? Just meaning does she have any ties to that area, or are they aware of any reason she would be in that area?

And was there something unusual to make LE run a "random" check? Parked somewhere unusual, etc.? Of course now I also wish that LE would have checked further during their random check to see who was actually driving.

1698371795973.png

I hope the "family" who posted comes back and advises if they have any idea why her vehicle would have been in Stearns County a month after she went missing? Just meaning does she have any ties to that area, or are they aware of any reason she would be in that area?

And was there something unusual to make LE run a "random" check? Parked somewhere unusual, etc.? Of course now I also wish that LE would have checked further during their random check to see who was actually driving.

View attachment 456174
Hey,

I’m the “family” that posted earlier. Just to clarify, she is my uncles sister (technically my aunt) however i am not very close with my uncles side of the family though I am close to my uncle.

Family searched the Clearwater lake area including Sauk Lake which is somewhere she has gone in the past per her (Jonetts) daughter. It is also a bigger lake along the major interstate running east to west. They looked around and distributed flyers including putting one on a sheriff vehicle. Family actually knew that her plate was ran about 2 weeks before the article came out.

Most family and I believe it was ran because flyers were distributed including putting one on a vehicle as stearns county could not give much information hence the very detail empty news release. WFPD informed family about it and Family pushed for a news release to hope generate leads which took awhile. If an officer actually saw the vehicle I think it would’ve been bigger news.

Still no leads that we know of.

View attachment 456174

View attachment 456174

1702055511062.jpeg
Despite the current roadblock in the investigation, there have been some developments in the case since her initial disappearance. A false tip on Wanner's location was sent to authorities in August, and her vehicle was seen in Minnesota by a Stearns County, Minnesota Deputy when the official ran her vehicle's license plate.

Wanner is likely traveling with her dog, a Chihuahua terrier mix

Hey,

I’m the “family” that posted earlier. Just to clarify, she is my uncles sister (technically my aunt) however i am not very close with my uncles side of the family though I am close to my uncle.

Family searched the Clearwater lake area including Sauk Lake which is somewhere she has gone in the past per her (Jonetts) daughter. It is also a bigger lake along the major interstate running east to west. They looked around and distributed flyers including putting one on a sheriff vehicle. Family actually knew that her plate was ran about 2 weeks before the article came out.

Most family and I believe it was ran because flyers were distributed including putting one on a vehicle as stearns county could not give much information hence the very detail empty news release. WFPD informed family about it and Family pushed for a news release to hope generate leads which took awhile. If an officer actually saw the vehicle I think it would’ve been bigger news.

Still no leads that we know of.

To clarify, are you saying that the Stearns County Minnesota Deputy simply ran her plate out of curiosity after seeing her Missing Flyer and not that her vehicle was actually seen by the Deputy and the plate scanned? Any updates?

Did she normally finish her workday at 2:30? As she works remotely I’m guessing no one ‘saw’ her leave work, rather it’s just when she logged off. Could her elderly dog have had a medical emergency that caused her to leave hastily sans cell phone? It sounds like they’ve looked in waterways that she liked to visit, but are there any near her home or on the route to, say, her veterinarians office?

Jonett Wanner left work at 2:30 p.m. in her 2017 Nissan Rogue, license plates 261AZY, and is possibly traveling with her dog, a Chihuahua terrier mix. Her license plate was ran by a Sterns County Deputy on August 12th of 2023, but her vehicle was not stopped.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisy24
Back