ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have been following the Tom Bearson case ever since I joined this site. I'm sad to see it is still unsolved and no suspects have been identified.

"Tom Bearson's Parents Speak Out as Anniversary of Death Nears"

http://www.valleynewslive.com/home/headlines/Tom-Bearsons-Speak-Out-as-Anniversary-of-Sons-Death-Nears-327614701.html

The Bearsons were notified by officers on September 23 that their son, only 18 years old, was found dead in Moorhead.

"You are not prepared to know what you're going to do, how you are going to handle that…let alone everything that follows that. It’s a blur," said Greg, "Working hard at not letting this great sadness that we feel to overcome us and guide us, were trying to find a more positive outlook in our life.”

"Tom Bearson's Parents Still Have Faith That Killer Will Be Caught"

http://www.valleynewslive.com/news/local/headlines/Bearson-Part-2-327793811.html

The Bearsons say they have had plenty of support from Moorhead police investigating Tom's death.

"We have complete confidence in everything that they are doing. We remain very confident that justice will be served so sometimes these things take time and it would have been nice to be solved in a week. But you never know this could be solved next week or maybe a year from now," Greg said.

Anon is short for Anonymous. Anonymous is a computer hacker group that gets involved in exposing crime. They used to primarily go after large corporations and government entities but have been involved in exposing the truth in crimes against individuals. One of the more well known was the rape of the young girl in Steubenville (i think I'm remembering the place correctly), where several members of the Towns football team sexually assaulted a classmate. The assault was being covered up and no one was being held responsible until Anon hacked the computer records and phone records of the players and their coach and found video recordings and text messages relating to the the assault. Anon released the data to the prosecutors office and went public with what they had found. This finally led to the prosecution of the guys involved and exposed the officials within the sheriffs office that were helping to cover up the crime.

I follow a lot of the different Anon groups myself. I don't think there is anything odd about Kenzie following them. I really couldn't understand the link the poster made between Kenzie following members of Anon and the supposition that there was some involvement in this case.

I am amazed that this still hasn't been solved since it sounds like a whole bunch of kids who were his supposed friends know things that may help and aren't talking.

His parents said that they know for sure that he wasnt and informant. I dont think that I ever heard that before.

I wonder what ever happened about the mention of "some baseball players" that we heard about from the start? Is there particular fraternity perhaps that baseball players are in? Maybe he went to a party there afterwards and wasn't welcomed there.

*bump*

I can only hope they're getting more information together.

http://www.wday.com/news/crime/3840...rs-unsolved-slaying-ndsu-freshman-tom-bearson

Though police have said Bearson was killed by an act of "homicidal violence," they haven't specified how, claiming the details of how he died are sensitive to the investigation.

While police still don't have a firm suspect or motive in the killing, Jacobson said Wednesday new tips are coming in regularly and Bearson's homicide is by no means a cold case.

The investigation headed by the Moorhead Police Department has generated "extensive interest in possible scenarios," he said.

Bearson's girlfriend disclosed in a series of Facebook posts in late June that some of Bearson's friends, including one of the last to be seen with him alive, have declined to take lie detector tests sought by police in connection with the investigation.

Interesting comments in this article suggest to me: manner of death may be unusual, and that more than one individual saw him last and have all declined lie detector tests, and that suspicion exists to suspect(s)/motive, but is less than circumstantial evidence currently.

One person publicly stated on Facebook that he was one of three that were the last to see Tom. I am not implying that is a fact, but it was his belief apparently, unless he's just a liar or drama-seeker. He lived with JW and CM, and it has become well known by now from JW's girlfriend, that JW was apparently one to decline the lie detector test. So is CM the "third person"? He seemed to have some information. It is known that Tom was at the "trap house" that night. Are there three refusing lie detector tests? So... did TB and JW ever really leave the "trap house" together and "get lost"?

I still can't believe they haven't made an arrest already in this case. Just seems odd that if this was done by "amateurs" that there wouldn't be more to go on- evidence/talk/witnesses, etc. I can't believe that someone is going to get away with the perfect crime. Sooner or later I would think the guilt would eat away at someone.

Not sure that it is or not related but man did the video of the police getting AS to agree to be an informer is tough to watch.

Not sure that it is or not related but man did the video of the police getting AS to agree to be an informer is tough to watch.

Agree with that! I had no idea about this CI underworld until I watched the news last night...I can totally see this being the case with TB.

I'd like to point out that many LE agencies also get students to buy alcohol (especially in college towns) to bust everything from bars, convenience stores, restaurants and liquor stores. They are called "alcohol violations". The place of violations get the cashier or salesperson working who sold the buy along with the owner of the liquor license. Then the case is handed off to the state bureau of alcohol who then cites the owner, and after a few violations can and will pull the license which can render certain businesses out of business.

As a former owner of a restaurant / nightclub in the Midwest I can attest as to how expensive it is to pay all fines, attorney fees and interruption of business can be. It did not happen to me but did to associates I had.

JMO's

I'm just out of college and know that this happens and know people who have bought for the police. The big difference here is that I don't really see the bar owners beating up or killing the kids doing this like has happend with the CI program in a bunch of places.

Are there links to this? Links to either the video or the news report.
TIA

It is surprising to me that this case hasn't been solved also. It lead me then down two paths of thought--> the first being that he was with his peers or frat guy buddies & whatever happened they feel "justified" in defending themselves & therefore they will remain quiet. Of course I don't agree with their conviction of silence but maybe TB went crazy while under the influence & became violent--things escalated?
The second thought--> TB was possibly interacting in a deal-gone-bad in a bad part of town with gang affiliated members who honor the code of silence. They may have tried to rob TB while he was trying to buy & things took a bad turn. TB defending himself in what turned out to be a brawl caused the gang members to call for more back-up & things escalated.

My point being, if the perpetrators feel "justified" in their actions against TB then they will remain silent. The code of omertà.

Of course this doesn't mean I agree with the perpetrators. No!
I'm just trying to figure out the silence.

The silence is unusual, IMO

I've followed this case since the beginning and I am surprised that it isn't been solved. Tom reminds me of an old work colleague back in Canada. It's a tragic case that's for sure. One unusual thing is that even after all this time whenever I come back to the thread to read the latest posts, there are always guests on here. Come in and join the discussion. Even the most insignificant new piece of information or idea could be the key that unlocks this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stella Stiletto
Back