Found Deceased NE - Carly Schaaf, 23, Lincoln, 17 May 2021 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Cagle

Reaction score
'It's not like Carly': Mother makes tearful plea in case of Nebraska woman missing 2 weeks

On Thursday, a mother issued a desperate plea for help finding her 23-year-old Lincoln daughter who has been missing for two weeks.

"Standing here today we cannot believe we are faced with this reality. How is it possible we have not heard from her for so long? Where is she? It's not like Carly to leave and not get in touch with us," Shari Schaaf said. "Carly has her two dogs, Zeus and Callie, who are like her children, and she would not have left without them. She's also left with no belongings. None of this is like Carly. We just need your help to find our daughter."

Carly Schaaf has not been seen since she left her home near 25th and Worthington around 9:30 a.m. May 17.

Her mom reported her missing two days later after not hearing from her.

After have been conducting multiple interviews and examining digital evidence, investigators believe Schaaf has gone missing under suspicious circumstances. Police won’t say what those circumstances are.

Schaaf is 5’2” tall, 130 pounds, with hazel eyes and brown hair that was last dyed black.

A phone number has been designated to receive information regarding this case. If you have information, please call 402-441-9903.
60ae5cd2d1291.image.jpg

The LJS article said:
"Carly Schaaf missed a Lancaster County Court appearance on May 25 related to a misdemeanor assault charge. (LPD Investigator Jessica) Drager said investigators have considered that as a potential factor in her disappearance."

I've tried to find more info about that charge to no avail. IMO, it seems the cops were concerned someone involved in whatever that incident was that led to her arrest could have been involved with her disappearance.

I hope she's ok.

That story from KLKN-TV
says:

"The Lincoln Police Department citation lists the alleged assault as having occurred the afternoon of April 25 at a strip mall near 70th and Pioneers Blvd. The victim was identified as another female."

The article also says she was supposed to appear May 18th and then the warrant was issued. The May 18, 2021 calendar has some other cases in Room 24 which was the room Carly was supposed to appear in on 5/25. So possibly one of those is the one with the other person involved. There are three cases in that room, 2 have male names. The other rooms for that day have names that could be female.

Also, Current Warrant List lists the current warrants alphabetically and Carly is there. One of the other names on the 5/18/21 calendar is there but is about 20 years older than Carly.

I have not seen this posted so I will share in the 3 relevant Threads. Yesterday a body was discovered in Nebraska near the Pawnee Lake. The body has not yet been identified and no possible age or gender has been released. There are at least 3 possibilities that are being considered:

Xavior Harrelson went missing approximately 4 and 1/2 hours from the Lake. Ryan Larsen was last seen approximately 1 and 1/2 miles from this lake. Carly Schaaf went missing approximately 20 minutes from this lake.

According to a press conference given yesterday, the body was located in a wooded area just a few feet from a parking lot to the swimming area. The body could not be seen from the lake or parking lot. The body was covered up but they would not say what the body was covered up with.

Investigation underway after human remains found at Pawnee Lake

I have not seen this posted so I will share in the 3 relevant Threads. Yesterday a body was discovered in Nebraska near the Pawnee Lake. The body has not yet been identified and no possible age or gender has been released. There are at least 3 possibilities that are being considered:

Xavior Harrelson went missing approximately 4 and 1/2 hours from the Lake. Ryan Larsen was last seen approximately 1 and 1/2 miles from this lake. Carly Schaaf went missing approximately 20 minutes from this lake.

According to a press conference given yesterday, the body was located in a wooded area just a few feet from a parking lot to the swimming area. The body could not be seen from the lake or parking lot. The body was covered up but they would not say what the body was covered up with.

Investigation underway after human remains found at Pawnee Lake

Carly definitely seems the likeliest.

Carly seems like the most likely candidate. Prayers for whomever this is - their family must be devastated.

LSO seeking information after human remains found near Pawnee Lake

He said the remains were covered up and “not visible to the naked eye”, but would not elaborate on what it was covered with. It was found in an area that is not commonly mowed, Wagner said.

Human remains found at Pawnee Lake were purposefully covered, sheriff says | Crime and Courts | journalstar.com

said the remains were removed "in their covered state," but again declined to describe the nature of what was covering the body. He did, though, confirm that the covering was placed over the body purposefully.

(leading to believe this is homicide)

They have identified the body located near Pawnee Lake. The family has asked that the identity of the individual not be released until tomorrow so the family can notify other family members and friends. LE also noted the body of the deceased was deliberately covered to conceal the remains. It seems most likely to be Carly since she disappeared just 20 minutes away from this location. What a sad day for one of these families but also it is time for them to have closure.

Sheriff: Preliminary Autopsy results have identified the deceased located Thursday at Pawnee Lake.

Thank you for posting the updates. Re Ryan Larsen, I am not sure but I believe the lake he was last near was Walnut Creek Lake in La Vista/Papillion area which is basically Lincoln - Omaha (I'm not being exact) but it's an hour away.
Pawnee Lake is south of Lincoln, part of the same county (Lancaster).

FB last post 2018
Carly Schaaf

FB last post 2020
Carly Schaaf

FB last post March 2021
Carly Schaaf

Also found this DV incident from 2018 - I removed the person's name so not to get in trouble with the Mods since he is not mentioned as a POI :

cs.jpg

Oops edit to complete my post - this belongs with the attachment (again removed perp name).
2-18-2018 NEBRASKA LINCOLN 1-1
1546 S 21st St
Lincoln, Nebraska
Geolocation: 40.797, -96.6902
Participants
  • Type: Victim
  • Name: Carly M Schaaf
  • Age Group: Adult 18+
  • Type: Subject-Suspect
  • Age Group: Adult 18+
  • Incident Characteristics
    • Non-Shooting Incident
    • Domestic Violence
    Guns Involved
    1 gun involved.
    • Type: Unknown
    • Stolen: Unknown

Last edited:
Would a misdemeanor assault be like a punch or slap or..? We'll have to wait to see if this was indeed Carly, but if so, I certainly hope she wasn't murdered because two girls got in a fight at a strip mall. And it may not have anything to do with that..I'll be anxiously waiting for more info.

Would a misdemeanor assault be like a punch or slap or..? We'll have to wait to see if this was indeed Carly, but if so, I certainly hope she wasn't murdered because two girls got in a fight at a strip mall. And it may not have anything to do with that..I'll be anxiously waiting for more info.

I read that too. Apparently because she had gone missing, she missed a May 25th court appearance for misdemeanor assault on that case. It caused me to raise an eyebrow to. If this happens to be Carly, pretty easy to figure out who the first two POIs will probably be.

Watch Now: Parents of missing Lincoln woman, LPD plead for public's help in investigation

Yes, for sure. The strip mall referred to in the article could be one of two, depending upon which corner. There is a big grocery store on the SE corner and a few other stores, a gas station around it. The NE corner has some restaurants and smaller stores, plus a hotel near there.
The radio reports were discussing how the LE ended up at Pawnee Lake and found her which makes me think they had some cell phone data possibly.
Just checked the local paper but no updates.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back